Levy Out/ENIC new poll 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy/ENIC in or out?

• In

Votes: 72 23.2%
  • Out

Votes: 239 76.8%

• Total voters
Fair points.

I think I'm persuadable, as this is a massive cockup. I think what may be worse than the actual ESL is the way they proposed to do it. They just announced that they were going to do it, without any proper process. No talking to the fans. No vote. No attempt's to hear what people think and want. No asking the other teams and leagues. They just proposed to do it and forget everybody else. It's a massive cockup.

Ultimately though, there aren't that many groups or people rich enough to buy football clubs, so replacing the owners isn't so easy, nor so easy to change... so if we got new owners and they were terrible, it could be years or decades before they changed again. So for me, I'm not calling for resignations quite yet.

I'd certainly like to hear from Levy though. See if he can try to fix some of the damage here, just by owning up to a mistake, maybe apologising or at least facing the public. That would help.
Yep for sure, I don't know the ins and outs of how clubs are run but you're right that it is gonna take one hell of an offer to buy this club and who could realistically afford it and Levy's demands?

Can someone else be voted to run the club?

I think the Jose sacking was a fan appeaser. The board could have done it a long time ago but this all seems very convenient to me.

(I'm typing this as if we have removed ourself from the ESL when we haven't yet so who knows what will happen :mourfacepalm: )

In honour of John Thomas John Thomas whose conspiracy to create the super league globally and then collapse it as a ploy to make Levy unpopular seems to have worked a treat.

So we still in?
I take absolutely no pleasure in random poll results on here mate

anigif_sub-buzz-26545-1550621760-1.gif

Yep for sure, I don't know the ins and outs of how clubs are run but you're right that it is gonna take one hell of an offer to buy this club and who could realistically afford it and Levy's demands?

Can someone else be voted to run the club?

I think the Jose sacking was a fan appeaser. The board could have done it a long time ago but this all seems very convenient to me.

(I'm typing this as if we have removed ourself from the ESL when we haven't yet so who knows what will happen :mourfacepalm: )
#LevyOut #50PlusOneIn

They may not have the fans as the first thought but they do have the club, Super League whilst a shit idea would have secured us financially for the long term

Would much rather they stay than end up with an owner that will cost costs as soon as possible

This debacle and the smarmy unrepentant statement thanking the supporters for their “considered opinions” are unforgivable.

It’s over now, there’s not a single iota of trust between ownership and fans and I don’t think there’s ever a way for it be regained.

My considered opinion is that Levy and ENIC should get the fuck out.

Last edited:
The statement was as cold and out of touch as you would expect. No apology. No sincerity. Just a load of hot air and a big whiff of “we joined this in the hope that it would make us competitive at the very top without us having to put any real effort or money in.”

ENIC have had their day and have absolutely brought us as far as they can.

A resounding OUT for me.

My only issue with Out is there is a limited number of people that can afford to buy this club.

I do think we need a change from Levy. 20 years in one job anybody would get stale. It needs some fresh ideas at the top, whether that's a DOF, new chairman, management structure etc i'm not entirely sure but it's clear to me, something needs to change in the hierarchy of the club.

#LevyOut #50PlusOneIn
How many shares are there in THFC, anyone know? Or what the number was before ENIC delisted it?

I'd call, but apparently the shareholder helpline costs 12p/min.

:levylol:

Some digging says the last shares traded in 2016 at 200p, valuing the company at 426M. So approximately 213M shares? Spurs easily worth 5X now.

So if they were forced to list 50%+1 today trading would open around £10/share?

Not really sure 50%+1 would change a lot, Levy could keep his stake while Lewis liquidated some of his. They'd still be unassailable.

Back
Top Bottom