Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok well given where we are today in relation to a new stadium its still a bit of a joke.

Woolwich submitted plans for Emirates in 2000 and were playing in it 6 years later...

Stanners said:
Burko said:
The only criticism i have is that we were a little to hesitant to spend while we were in the Champions League.

As a Europa League side we wont attract the top names, I feel we could have gambled a little bit financially to bring in 1 or 2 top quality players to try and consolidate a Champions League finish.

Apart from that, Levy is the don.

I don't think he could've spend during the summer before our champions league run as we didn't really know if we were going to be in the group stages yet. I think the away leg vs. Young Boys justified Levy not spending before then. After that game there wasn't much time to pursue targets really. But he did still manage to pull VdV out of nowhere.

During the following January, if you believe the press (I wasn't on spurs forums then so don't know what the ''ITKs' were saying), Levy was supposedly running around Europe with a swag bag desperate to unload it on a striker ala Aguero or Rossi.

As I've said before, I don't believe he actually tried to sign a marquee player at the time. I think it was all propaganda to appease the fans and manager that we were trying to get a big name in.

Still think levy's the best chairman we've had

Loz said:
Stanners said:
Burko said:
The only criticism i have is that we were a little to hesitant to spend while we were in the Champions League.

As a Europa League side we wont attract the top names, I feel we could have gambled a little bit financially to bring in 1 or 2 top quality players to try and consolidate a Champions League finish.

Apart from that, Levy is the don.

I don't think he could've spend during the summer before our champions league run as we didn't really know if we were going to be in the group stages yet. I think the away leg vs. Young Boys justified Levy not spending before then. After that game there wasn't much time to pursue targets really. But he did still manage to pull VdV out of nowhere.

During the following January, if you believe the press (I wasn't on spurs forums then so don't know what the ''ITKs' were saying), Levy was supposedly running around Europe with a swag bag desperate to unload it on a striker ala Aguero or Rossi.

As I've said before, I don't believe he actually tried to sign a marquee player at the time. I think it was all propaganda to appease the fans and manager that we were trying to get a big name in.

Still think levy's the best chairman we've had

Sugar laid the foundations, Levy (Enic) is building the house.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us being sold by Joe Lewis once the stadium is built.

Eskimo said:
Ok well given where we are today in relation to a new stadium its still a bit of a joke.

Woolwich submitted plans for Emirates in 2000 and were playing in it 6 years later...

Mainly because it was far easier and cheaper to borrow money for property developments then.

Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:

Mainly because it was far easier and cheaper to borrow money for property developments then.

But materials etc were more expensive.... have a look across the london skyline at the minute, cranes everywhere.

kushty said:
Sugar laid the foundations, Levy (Enic) is building the house.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us being sold by Joe Lewis once the stadium is built.

I think the delay is because they want to sell before they actually start building.

Blanchflower said:
The money isn't in an increased capacity just by itself, rebuilding the East stand would still have meant shit corporate facilities

Heard similar arguments from the twats who wanted to move to Stratford. How we couldnt attract any corporates if we stayed in the "shit-hole" that is Tottenham etc etc.. (funny how they are all lapping it up now though)

Why would the facilities have been shit if we built a new East Stand?

Eskimo said:
Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:

But materials etc were more expensive.... have a look across the london skyline at the minute, cranes everywhere.

Wrong. Materials are significantly more expensive now than they ever have been. The reason city skylines are still full of construction sites are that developers with money haven't really struggled throughout this apparent "economic crisis". If you have money and are looking to build at the moment it's the ideal time as contractors prices are very competitive as they are all bargaining for work just to stay afloat.

Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:

And they abandoned their home where as we have been fighting Haringey for a decade..

sammyspurs said:
Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:

And they abandoned their home where as we have been fighting Haringey for a decade..

Haha dont tell me? The bid for stratford was never serious one and was merely an attempt to force Harringeys hand?

Emirates is just round the corner for goodness sake.

No, I believe Levy meant every step of the way to move, and it was something that would have seen me stop following THFC, as they wouldnt exist in my eyes.

Thankfully, it never came to that, but it doesnt change the fact that Haringey have been a fucking pain in the arse for ten plus years over this, or that The Scum got it done more quickly by moving home.

This is the area I'm genuinely ITK about and, yes, Levy had every intention of moving the club to Stratford but only on the provision that we used the Olympic site to build our own stadium. It was no ploy to force Harringey's hand.

LLB Part Deux said:
This is the area I'm genuinely ITK about and, yes, Levy had every intention of moving the club to Stratford but only on the provision that we used the Olympic site to build our own stadium. It was no ploy to force Harringey's hand.

media_preview.php

Nothing more to say at the moment. My last info was that Levy is gearing up to sell the club in the next 6 months if a suitable buyer can be found.

Eskimo said:
Blanchflower said:
Eskimo said:

The risk vs return of building an office or resi tower is fluid as the end values move inline with supply and demand.

A football stadiums's end value has no such fluctuations, the amount a stadium can generate in ticket sales can only be adversely affected by the economy becoming weaker.

Back
Top Bottom