Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many of you want Daniel Levy out?

I personally dont want that to happen.I think he's been good for us.Got us some deals.

Ofcourse there are bad points too.He leaves his business to the very end-harmful to the team.He almost fucked up the Lloris deal :dempsey:

alan-sugar-amstrad-and-the-apprentice.jpg

:levylol:

The only criticism i have is that we were a little to hesitant to spend while we were in the Champions League.

As a Europa League side we wont attract the top names, I feel we could have gambled a little bit financially to bring in 1 or 2 top quality players to try and consolidate a Champions League finish.

Apart from that, Levy is the don.

It's true, I watched the transfer deadline day on SSN and Spurs were the only club doing deals last minute, they should have renamed it Daniel Levy day, for every other club had already done their business...

:baletroll:

Look at every other Chairman in the league and tell me who is better. The signings and brinksmanship Levy brings to the table is helping us fund our new home whilst helping us progress on the pitch. Levy>¡

Burko said:
The only criticism i have is that we were a little to hesitant to spend while we were in the Champions League.

As a Europa League side we wont attract the top names, I feel we could have gambled a little bit financially to bring in 1 or 2 top quality players to try and consolidate a Champions League finish.

Apart from that, Levy is the don.

I don't think he could've spend during the summer before our champions league run as we didn't really know if we were going to be in the group stages yet. I think the away leg vs. Young Boys justified Levy not spending before then. After that game there wasn't much time to pursue targets really. But he did still manage to pull VdV out of nowhere.

During the following January, if you believe the press (I wasn't on spurs forums then so don't know what the ''ITKs' were saying), Levy was supposedly running around Europe with a swag bag desperate to unload it on a striker ala Aguero or Rossi.

MKYid said:
It's true, I watched the transfer deadline day on SSN and Spurs were the only club doing deals last minute, they should have renamed it Daniel Levy day, for every other club had already done their business...
well, that's only since Liverpool thought the transfer window closed on Saturday, so they were chillin'.

Éperons said:
MKYid said:
well, that's only since Liverpool thought the transfer window closed on Saturday, so they were chillin'.

I can just imagine the Liverpool forums;

"chill, Werner's got this" :Gerrardface:

The only thing I would change about Levy is his over negotiating on players that we own but have no use for.

We should've taken the hit on Bentley and Jenas years ago if we aren't going to play them - imagine the amount we would have saved in wages......

docomospur said:
I agree that the Lloris deal seemed late, but do we know enough about what actually went on to conclude that Levy almost fucked it up?

Not ITK but from their Chairman's remarks it's pretty clear that Levy changed the terms of the deal at the last minute.

The reason I asked because because there is a guy in a fb group I am in and he keeps banging on about how Levy is ruining the club,which
I find preposterous.

He also keeps bringing the point of ticket prices.I no idea how bad it is since I have never been to WHL but here is what he had to say

There are factors in that Tottenham as a London club will charge more and the restriction in capacity but I firmly believe that Levy exploits the in elasticity within our demand curve knowing that he has a loyal and wealthy fanbase who he can charge high prices but likewise not invest sufficiently within the team

Anurag Jo said:
The reason I asked because because there is a guy in a fb group I am in and he keeps banging on about how Levy is ruining the club,which
I find preposterous.

He also keeps bringing the point of ticket prices.I no idea how bad it is since I have never been to WHL but here is what he had to say

There are factors in that Tottenham as a London club will charge more and the restriction in capacity but I firmly believe that Levy exploits the in elasticity within our demand curve knowing that he has a loyal and wealthy fanbase who he can charge high prices but likewise not invest sufficiently within the team

The optimum ticket price for an event doesn't create a sellout - if he were fully exploiting the fanbase then there would be around 10% of the seats left empty on average.

Anurag Jo said:
I find preposterous.

Tell him to fuck off else I'll kick his fucking eyes out.

I mean elastic pants man, not Levy. There, feels better already.

:dempsey2:

I've disagreed with quite a few things Levy has done/overseen, but overall he's a good chairman. To paraphrase Talib Kweli, the idea of ousting Levy is as preposterous as an androgynous misogynist.

SmegmaFarm said:
Anurag Jo said:
I find preposterous.

Tell him to fuck off else I'll kick his fucking eyes out.

I mean elastic pants man, not Levy. There, feels better already.

:dempsey2:
Your name is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom