Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mate read between the lines

Jose said we lack a target man and has made it clear we need one.

He's made it clear that losing Kane is huge and no other player in the squad can do his role.

He's explicitly said that we can't attack and defend well at the same time due to personnel limitations.

That's how managers usually cry out. Poch did it. Benitez did it at Liverpool. It's normal.

That doesn't mean Jose said his working relationship with Levy is damaged or that he will walk without a striker, but it sure as hell mean he was desperate for one.
So it should be easy to find the quotes from the TW, where he said all this stuff, right?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about in the actual window, not after Sonny got injured.

When Mourinho said we can’t play the way we want to without a striker he was actually sending Levy a message that he wanted a box to box midfielder struggling to make the first team for Benfica and only if he was available on loan

It all makes so much sense now

Levy in for life !

When Mourinho said we can’t play the way we want to without a striker he was actually sending Levy a message that he wanted a box to box midfielder struggling to make the first team for Benfica and only if he was available on loan

It all makes so much sense now

Levy in for life !
It would do if he had said it before we got a struggling benfica midfielder.
But as he didn't........

It would do if he had said it before we got a struggling benfica midfielder.
But as he didn't........
We are never going to agree on anything that’s posted here so let’s just leave it at that

You think Levy is doing a good job and more power to you if it makes you happy

I think we are a shambles and he must bear much of the brunt for this

But i’m Just saying the same thing over and over so i’ll Stop now

We are never going to agree on anything that’s posted here so let’s just leave it at that

You think Levy is doing a good job and more power to you if it makes you happy

I think we are a shambles and he must bear much of the brunt for this

But i’m Just saying the same thing over and over so i’ll Stop now
Cheers mate

I actually feel the same way, everyone saying the same things over and over, going around in circles, having the same arguments.

But as I'm a pedantic old cunt, I probably won't stop.

:mourthumb:

I must have imagined Mourinho bemoaning our lack of striker cover after Kane was injured.

On January 1st let's not forget, we had a whole month to rectify the situation
There's a difference between bemoaning our best player being out and saying "I want to buy a striker" or " we are looking for a striker, but we know it will be very difficult".

The latter he said after the window closed, but during it, nothing.

Unless of course you can provide the quote where he says that.

Where's the quote that Jose, during the TW, was" crying out", "pleading", "desperate", "begging" for a striker?

Is the reason you're not providing it, is because there isn't one?

I'm surprised at you, I always thought you had too much integrity to post stuff without an actual source.
I'm surprised at you're naivety, stevee.
Well, disappointed rather than surprised.

Can you please provide one single quote from Jose, from the day of Kane's injury until the transfer window slammed shut, where he said he didn't want a striker?
He was asked about it in pretty much every pre-match and post-match interview ,so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Your determination to defend Daniel Levy, especially in light of our season collapsing since Kane's injury, is cringeworthy mate.

I’m just contemplating whether Poch told Levy that the current squad could no longer play that high intensity pressing game & when it came to pass that he was correct, Levy thought he could get Mourinho in to squeeze blood out of the stone by playing a more reactive game thereby saving money on a massive squad overhaul... get the wearying lads to play a different, less taxing tune, but with the same Mourinho magic dust/Lady Luck he’s had with him for most of his career.
No? I should really try and get some sleep when I start contemplating...daft twat.

Interesting theory

Can you please provide one single quote from Jose, from the day of Kane's injury until the transfer window slammed shut, where he said he didn't want a striker?
He was asked about it in pretty much every pre-match and post-match interview ,so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Your determination to defend Daniel Levy, especially in light of our season collapsing since Kane's injury, is cringeworthy mate.

How many times has our transfer record been broken under Levy?

*naive

Cheers mate

I actually feel the same way, everyone saying the same things over and over, going around in circles, having the same arguments.

To be fair mate I will probably be back for another round after the Utd game

:levyeyes:

I’ve tended to always be on Levy’s side I’ve believed or wanted to believe he’s doing what’s best for Tottenham.... stadium, contracts up graded acted swiftly on Pochettino etc but the patience is waning he’s a business man and knows or should know you’ve to speculate to accumulate but this season I’m afraid to say is down to him and his notion of a squad overhaul and lack of investment was the best way to go. Yes Lo Celso & Ndombele were added but that simply wasn’t enough the squad was stale and lacked motivation well before this season Pochettino knew it and Levy knew it but still refused to rectify the situation and thought by getting rid of Pochettino the problems would magically disappear but hey looks what’s happened we’re now even worse of! yes we could blame for Mourinho but only for the playing side he’s not accountable for what happens of the field I’m willing to give him time but Levy has to back him and back him well cos if he doesn’t his big shiny all singing all dancing 60k stadium will look pretty bleak half empty.

How many times has our transfer record been broken under Levy?

*naive

How much was a loaf of bread and a Tottenham Hotspur season ticket before Daniel Levy?

Spurs no longer pay 1990s transfer fees. All bow down to the untouchable one

giphy.gif

Cheers mate

I find this thread comforting for that very reason.

Sanity in a mad world. Where up is up and down is down.

I’m betting his popularity will be in for a bit of a hit with the masses when Harry decides enough is enough.
I say when rather than if as I think it’s just a matter of time unfortunately. (Hope I’m Proven wrong though)

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Jose doesn't say he wants a striker.

Translation :
I want a striker.

Back
Top Bottom