Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Congratulations to Bournemouth football management team - the first footballing staff to recognise the issue and agree voluntary cuts.

Bournemouth Footballers (like all others jn PL) still under the PFA edict to avoid agreeing any pay cuts.

Congratulations to Bournemouth football management team - the first footballing staff to recognise the issue and agree voluntary cuts.

Bournemouth Footballers (like all others jn PL) still under the PFA edict to avoid agreeing any pay cuts.

They have still furloughed their staff though (as they should) which also seems to have angered so many on here and in the press.

I can't find it now but I read yesterday that their pay cuts are deferred, so if true they are not really a pay cut's if football resumes.

That's a strange strange take.

A football club is not a normal business. It relies on the tribalism of its supporters . BA has no fans, nobody sings BA songs. Why would you ? It's just a corporate airline.

So if you think THFC are just like BA why do you support them? Are their BA forums and podcasts? Do people love BA so much they insist that their kids only like BA and but them an air stewardess uniform for xmas?

Seriously I dont get it? Would you not like your footbal club to have more morals than the average soulless corporate giant? Do you not want them to be the pillar of the community and support local people? Without those morals , without the personal relationship people feel football will die because what kind of weirdo sings songs and goes on forums about a soulless corporate business.

You may agree with the decision. I dont and that's fair enough but dont pretend that it's the same as BA or Virgin or whoever, it's not.

And even if it was not being able to afford 36,000 staff is a bit different to 550 dont you think? That's 550 staff for a couple of months . What's the wage bill of the players and directors? What was his bonus? He could easily afford it.
They could afford it but it’s how businesses work if any one of us was in the same situation we’d probably find we’d do the same.....and I don’t agree either as I’ve posted earlier football has no morals...everything is postponed or should say cancelled tennis, rugby, horse racing, cricket, motor racing and leisure stuff Edinburgh festival, music festivals but what’s still trying to wangle a way to get to carry on?????

Daniel Levi should made a legend by our supporters .
We should build him a statue .
H
I know we haven't won silverware but I really think he gave us the real possibility to do it !
W
From 2016 we made 120% more in revenue ,we finally became bigger financial power than Woolwich , and now we have the power to make the next step and that's why he choose mourinio as our manager (like it or not) he's the biggest winner in the game .

People bash levi as if he's holding us back , they think we are as big as Liverpool , utd or has cash rich owner like city , but in reality we where far far from them until recently .
that's why IMO Daniel is great at his job and deserve all praise from anyone who really love spurs !

H
I know we haven't won silverware but I really think he gave us the real possibility to do it !
W
From 2016 we made 120% more in revenue ,we finally became bigger financial power than Woolwich , and now we have the power to make the next step and that's why he choose mourinio as our manager (like it or not) he's the biggest winner in the game .

People bash levi as if he's holding us back , they think we are as big as Liverpool , utd or has cash rich owner like city , but in reality we where far far from them until recently .
that's why IMO Daniel is great at his job and deserve all praise from anyone who really love spurs !

I love his reggae reggae sauce.

H
W

Wow after that Churchillian speech you won't be coming off Levy's payroll.

H
W

Such a legend that you dont know his real name.

And even if it was not being able to afford 36,000 staff is a bit different to 550 dont you think? That's 550 staff for a couple of months . What's the wage bill of the players and directors? What was his bonus? He could easily afford it.

I certainly get the moral argument, putting staff on furlough is heavily financially damaging and let's be honest, no one is going to celebrate taking at least a 20% pay cut.

However, there is an underlying point, why would you assume it's the wages for 'a couple of months'? The downtime is an unknown quantity, recent projections say the pubs aren't likely to reopen till August/September time, so we aren't going to see that stadium fill up till after that point, we won't need the staff till August at the earliest, that's not 2 months, it's 4 and if there's a second spike or the curve doesn't head back down quickly enough that 4 months could easily be 6.

At this moment in time Levy's furlough call looks brutal and uncaring, when we restart the season and the dust settles, people might well observe it was a very savvy move. The problem is we are stuck in the moment and we'll only know in the months after, if and when normality is restored what a right or wrong decision it was.

I am not arguing that right now that it does not looks awful but I think it could well be judged as the right thing to have done in retrospect, especially if all of those 550 folk keep their jobs, while other clubs have to make their staff redundant because they didn't take the government assistance or deal with lockdown shrewdly enough and therefore need to make major operating cost cuts, that's possible. Let's also not rule out the alternative that other clubs pay their staff and keep them too, then that will be a pretty damning endictment.

That's why time will give us a much better perspective on the wisdom of this call.

Good point.

Glad to see that you agree that not signing him was Poch's decision and not Levy's
I am none the wiser. I am going off what you lot are saying. First its great decision from levy to not pay over the odds for him. Then its levy would have paid over the odds BUT poch didn't want him. I can't keep up with all the lies & changing of the answer to suit the pro levy agenda. Who knows what you lot will change it to next?:moursmall:

I am none the wiser. I am going off what you lot are saying. First its great decision from levy to not pay over the odds for him. Then its levy would have paid over the odds BUT poch didn't want him. I can't keep up with all the lies & changing of the answer to suit the pro levy agenda. Who knows what you lot will change it to next?:moursmall:
I hope you can keep up with all the dismissing/ignoring of things that don't suit your agenda.
:mourthumb:

Dude there ain't anything you can do to save them.
There so on the Levy happy clappy Lovetrain that
all standards of morale decency whitewashed from their thought patterns. Every excuse invented to mankind of his fruitless overseeing of the mess of the footballing side.
The media and the public are all over him but they just can't see it and never will.

Dude there ain't anything you can do to save them.
There so on the Levy happy clappy Lovetrain that
all standards of morale decency whitewashed from their thought patterns. Every excuse invented to mankind of his fruitless overseeing of the mess of the footballing side.
The media and the public are all over him but they just can't see it and never will.
Too true. Even when they say it would have been wrong of levy to do 'something' when they believed he didn't do it. Now they believe he did that 'something' but instead of admitting he was wrong, they still praise him & refuse to criticise him. Basically whatever he does is right even if previously they say that action would have been wrong.
You're right, no point going back & forth all day with them when they refuse to see it.
Proofs in the pudding, we are a mess & going backwards. Miles away from the next level under these lot. No one can dispute we didn't look like winning stuff this season or anytime soon when the football restarts.

J: “But plenty of people say it shouldn’t be down to the players, that the billionaire owners and companies should be forking out the money.”

P: “Well they should as well, obviously. That c*** who runs Spurs, Levy. What a greedy shite. The fact that his first instinct is to shave money off the lowest-paid staff is entirely typical of so many people at that level. Evil little c****. You’ve no idea. They wouldn’t piss on a nurse if they were on fire. They are only bothered about wealthy people. They think the wealthy are better people and more important. Seriously, they do. They wouldn’t understand why people would be disgusted at what he’s done there. But that doesn’t mean players shouldn’t be giving up their money as well. You get this a lot now don’t you?”

="KickHerInTheSponge, post: 2281435, member: 3671"]

J: “But plenty of people say it shouldn’t be down to the players, that the billionaire owners and companies should be forking out the money.”

P: “Well they should as well, obviously. That c*** who runs Spurs, Levy. What a greedy shite. The fact that his first instinct is to shave money off the lowest-paid staff is entirely typical of so many people at that level. Evil little c****. You’ve no idea. They wouldn’t piss on a nurse if they were on fire. They are only bothered about wealthy people. They think the wealthy are better people and more important. Seriously, they do. They wouldn’t understand why people would be disgusted at what he’s done there. But that doesn’t mean players shouldn’t be giving up their money as well. You get this a lot now don’t you?”
That player is some character. No wages for three years, I wish I could be that selfless even if his already a millionaire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom