Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can understand why people are pissed off about the furlough, but we are 700 million in debt. We are not in quite the sound financial position some seem to think

The debt maturities are mostly decades away, we have to concern ourselves with the interest so that shouldn’t be much of a factor unless we expect this thing to carry on for years.

Our wage to turnover is more important.

The debt maturities are mostly decades away, we have to concern ourselves with the interest so that shouldn’t be much of a factor unless we expect this thing to carry on for years.

Our wage to turnover is more important.

I agree we are better placed than most on wages (albeit our wage to turnover is with CL football). Not sure what some of the other clubs with 70% + W to T are going to do? Unless I'm just not noticing it, they all seem to have their heads in the sand.

Yeah I get interest is less than £20m a year but guess we need to pay off capital??

Or does that just sit there?

By the looks of the club website the capital is not amortising but pays at maturity so it’s just the interest to deal with. It’s not a big deal, it’s a long term cost not short term.

It says average coupon is 2.66% so around £20m or so based on the total to cover the interest although I’d imagine we’d also want to bank money over time to eventually pay the capital in a few decades.

Based on what the club has said I don’t think the debt would have any major impact, it’s all our short term costs like player wages and any outstanding transfer balances that would be our main concerns I would imagine.

Scott is stunned 😦
Well let's face it. We're all in the shit together and the management aren't really bothered by a few hundred people sniping at each other on an online forum. They're going to do whatever they want as usual. We're not even on their radar.

Well let's face it. We're all in the shit together and the management aren't really bothered by a few hundred people sniping at each other on an online forum. They're going to do whatever they want as usual. We're not even on their radar.
That's why I don't get people preaching about getting behind the club & supporting them. There are no matches to support them in!! & as you mention, the club don't give a crap about what we post on here.

I think this post belongs here.

Well time to open up this thread again
Us and Liverpool were at the same stage in 2017/18 , then they invested and we didn't.
Liverpool lost a Champions league final , what's their reaction? fix the squad and then go on to win the two big trophies.
We've lost a champions league final , what's our reaction? By players in positions that aren't really what we needed (so much) and sack our Best manager because that's cheaper than the painful rebuild.

When the club needed to push on , ENIC weren't willing to splash the cash. So many mistakes over the past few years. Staying content with a squad and then being surprised when everyone starts to decline.
Liverpool winning the title might've been a wake up call for a few people that what's going on isn't acceptable.
To remind people of how these owners have failed us time and time again.

If you voted no, and you've since had a serious rethink, do your duty.

There CAN be life after ENIC.

Spurs-Grounds-900x506.png

Earth to melting flogs. This is why we haven't spent.
This is where our money has gone.

With this being the overriding objective

s3-news-tmp-111981-tottenham_hotspur_nfl_game--2x1--738.jpg

Read the words of our very own head of business development

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London

An NFL stadium, with us as the Anchor tennants.

And it aint gonna be paid off for 30 years!.

Last edited:
With this being the overriding objective

s3-news-tmp-111981-tottenham_hotspur_nfl_game--2x1--738.jpg

Read the words of our very own head of business development

Tottenham’s new stadium to offer NFL a ‘permanent home’ in London

An NFL stadium, with us as the Anchor tennants.

And it aint gonna be paid off for 30 years!.
Not really John.

TV deals and the massive amounts of money in football has changed the landscape.

In my lifetime. Sky 4 + Man City (2008-2020) v the rest. England only

Woolwich: 4 titles, 1x league cup, 9 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe.
Liverpool: 1 titles, 4 x league cup, 3 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe.
Man Utd: 13 titles, 5 x league cup, 5 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe.
Chelsea: 5 titles, 4 x league cup, 7 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe
Man City 2008 onwards: 4 titles, 5 x league cup, 0 x Europe

The rest: 4 titles, 11 x League cups, 4 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe.

Total trophies: .

Sky 4 + MCI= 79/100 = 79%
Rest = 21/100 = 21.0%

Since FFP. 2011-12 onwards:

Sky 4 + MCI = 8 titles, 8 x league cup, 7 x FA Cup, 5 x Europe
The Rest: 1 title, 1 x League Cup, 1 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe

Sky 4 + MCI = 28/31 trophies = 90.3%
The rest: 3/31 trophies = 9.7%

Since FFP and since Man City got money the sparsity of trophies for clubs that aren't in that 5 has only got worse.

In order for us to join that group and win trophies we need to match them in $$$, then results after that.
We could not bridge the financial gap staying in WHL. We needed to increase capacity to increase revenue and thus spending power.

It means that right now we are skint, we have debts to repay, interest as well, and have mandated maximum spending % on wages by our loan creditors.

It is the situation we are in. Reigning in the spending to better ourselves long term.

Not really John.

TV deals and the massive amounts of money in football has changed the landscape.

In my lifetime. Sky 4 + Man City (2008-2020) v the rest. England only

Woolwich: 4 titles, 1x league cup, 9 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe.
Liverpool: 1 titles, 4 x league cup, 3 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe.
Man Utd: 13 titles, 5 x league cup, 5 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe.
Chelsea: 5 titles, 4 x league cup, 7 x FA Cup, 3 x Europe
Man City 2008 onwards: 4 titles, 5 x league cup, 0 x Europe

The rest: 4 titles, 11 x League cups, 4 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe.

Total trophies: .

Sky 4 + MCI= 79/100 = 79%
Rest = 21/100 = 21.0%

Since FFP. 2011-12 onwards:

Sky 4 + MCI = 8 titles, 8 x league cup, 7 x FA Cup, 5 x Europe
The Rest: 1 title, 1 x League Cup, 1 x FA Cup, 0 x Europe

Sky 4 + MCI = 28/31 trophies = 90.3%
The rest: 3/31 trophies = 9.7%

Since FFP and since Man City got money the sparsity of trophies for clubs that aren't in that 5 has only got worse.

In order for us to join that group and win trophies we need to match them in $$$, then results after that.
We could not bridge the financial gap staying in WHL. We needed to increase capacity to increase revenue and thus spending power.

It means that right now we are skint, we have debts to repay, interest as well, and have mandated maximum spending % on wages by our loan creditors.

It is the situation we are in. Reigning in the spending to better ourselves long term.
You are at odds with levy then. You both see it very differently. You think spending power is a big factor where as levy sees no correlation between spending & success. You 2 are on a different page. I am with you on this 1. We are right, levy has got it all wrong unfortunately. We realise why city have had all that success. Levy is still scratching his head & looking for answers.

You are at odds with levy then. You both see it very differently. You think spending power is a big factor where as levy sees no correlation between spending & success. You 2 are on a different page. I am with you on this 1. We are right, levy has got it all wrong unfortunately. We realise why city have had all that success. Levy is still scratching his head & looking for answers.
Is that the case? If that were true he'd be spending fuck all and taking all the cash for himself and Joe.
They're using our own cash generation to fund operations aimed at making us more prosperous long term.

Can't put the cart before the horse. We need to do these hard yards and then reap the rewards later.

Is that the case? If that were true he'd be spending fuck all and taking all the cash for himself and Joe.
They're using our own cash generation to fund operations aimed at making us more prosperous long term.

Can't put the cart before the horse. We need to do these hard yards and then reap the rewards later.
Is there going to be a "later "....?

If ENIC had shown they were good owners and not cheap asses before the stadium maybe they would get some credit for this being a small blip as they sort that out but by being terrible owners before, during, and after the Stadium construction I don't see why any fan would expect things to change later.

Levy is and always has been a cheap prick willing to put money into his pocket rather than support the club, there is no reason to think this will ever change new stadium or not.

If ENIC had shown they were good owners and not cheap asses before the stadium maybe they would get some credit for this being a small blip as they sort that out but by being terrible owners before, during, and after the Stadium construction I don't see why any fan would expect things to change later
Is that even true. Took over a club slowly becoming worse and in and around the late 90s-early 00s we’d become a bottom half club who saw our club captain walk out on a free.

Took ENIC 9 years to repair that malaise and get us in the Champions League and behind the scenes set in motion many aspects that needed to be rectified to build us our new home.

I would say our steady climb up the table since 2001 suggests they may not actually be poor owners.

Afraid so. Report: Levy claims there is ‘little correlation’ between spending money and winning

I disagree with you. Unless levy spends fuck all and takes all the cash for himself and Joe then his comments aren't true?! Very odd & extreme stance you have taken.

Is that even true. Took over a club slowly becoming worse and in and around the late 90s-early 00s we’d become a bottom half club who saw our club captain walk out on a free.

Took ENIC 9 years to repair that malaise and get us in the Champions League and behind the scenes set in motion many aspects that needed to be rectified to build us our new home.

I would say our steady climb up the table since 2001 suggests they may not actually be poor owners.

Yes I would say that it is true. I won't deny that they did take us from a team that seemed to be mired in the mid-table to a team competing for top 4 but it isn't like Spurs are Bournemouth and it was their generous spending over revenues that caused that.

Looking at the refusal to buy anyone over a transfer window, while we had major holes, that made us the laughing stock in the football world indicates there are issues with the club spending. Not addressing the glaring holes in our club while those around us continually improve and add players indicates a problem with our spending.

ENIC seem to have got to a certain level and are happy to keep pocketing the profits while not attempting to take the team higher. As the owners that is their right but it is pretty shitty for a fan to see teams on a similar level with ambitious owners willing to spend and improve the team.

Perhaps as fans we have too high expectations and instead we should lower our ambitions to ENIC levels and just be happy to be in the Prem but I think it isn't unreasonable to expect to compete for Top 4 each year and ENIC have shown they are not willing to spend at the level necessary to do that.

Back
Top Bottom