Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I could be wrong - but I think anyone assuming a plane with a banner is going to force change is deluded
Maybe one of the THST meetings will do it, like the ones where he said it's ok we didn't sign a centre forward because we got Bergwijn instead...or there's little correlation between spending money and success etc.

There's little correlation between our transfer spending causing success, so maybe that's the problem.

Can you imagine how fucking shite we'd be if Harry didn't come through? We'd still be seeing Soldado bumbling about out there for DL to try and get his money's worth out of him ffs.

Maybe one of the THST meetings will do it, like the ones where he said it's ok we didn't sign a centre forward because we got Bergwijn instead...or there's little correlation between spending money and success etc.

There's little correlation between our transfer spending causing success, so maybe that's the problem.

Can you imagine how fucking shite we'd be if Harry didn't come through? We'd still be seeing Soldado bumbling about out there for DL to try and get his money's worth out of him ffs.

The trust meetings are pointless

Can anyone really disagree that most of our big transfers fail?

In that respect the correlation between spending and success is pretty ridiculous

We obviously can't easily just find another Kane....but if I were Chairman I'd be questioning why not

Take Kane out of our side in the last 5 years and at no stage do we finish top 6

In that respect the correlation between spending and success is pretty ridiculous

We obviously can't easily just find another Kane....but if I were Chairman I'd be questioning why not
Our net spend is ridiculously low compared to other teams around us and when we have spent big we too often have got it wrong. (Also wage budget to turnover - far lowest)

So between whoever gets to make the calls, someone is fucking it up and there has been more consistency behind the scenes than anywhere else.

The squad has been clearly stagnating for 2 seasons now and we weakened last few windows IMO. We're linked with enough quality, so I highly doubt it's scouting, but we do always seem to either pay less or lose out if we have any other competing club for an in demand player...and when we're favourites to sign someone, it usually always goes to the wire.

'Levytime' is running out of time.

Our net spend is ridiculously low compared to other teams around us and when we have spent big we too often have got it wrong.

So between whoever gets to make the calls, someone is fucking it up and there has been more consistency behind the scenes than anywhere else.

The squad has been clearly stagnating for 2 seasons now and we weakened last few windows IMO. We're linked with enough quality, so I highly doubt it's scouting, but we do always seem to either pay less or lose out if we have any other competing club for an in demand player...and when we're favourites to sign someone, it usually always goes to the wire.

'Levytime' is running out of time.

Levy time up you must be joking right he built a new stadium and has a contract with the NFL as soon as covid19 is over we are gonna be banking it

This shows we have peaked under enic & on our way down & pretty much the same position we were in when they took over. Basically a mid table team who look miles away from winning anything.
They gave it their best shot but didnt have what it takes to take us to the next level.
Time to admit it was too much for them & let someone else have a crack at it.
I parse this graph much differently... I see a clear upward trend. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe because the chairman got rid of the best recruiter we had by dicking about of the players he really wanted.

You are being willfully ignorant here.

Not really Man City and Chelsea where mostly shit before money and below us (Chelsea actually went above us for a little while after spending and nearly went bankrupt). Not every transfer works but throw enough shit against the wall and some of it sticks.

Not really Man City and Chelsea where mostly shit before money and below us (Chelsea actually went above us for a little while after spending and nearly went bankrupt). Not every transfer works but throw enough shit against the wall and some of it sticks.

There are far more instances where teams have spent loads and still been terrible

You will also note that Chelsea and City have also spent shitloads on their training grounds and academies

No club would have a high transfer net spend if they could avoid it

We need good players, not necessarily expensive players

There are far more instances where teams have spent loads and still been terrible

You will also note that Chelsea and City have also spent shitloads on their training grounds and academies

Good players usually cost more and want more wages.

Look at the Bruno Fernandes situation for the perfect example.

It’s the modern world, yes we need good players but unless you have the best scouting system they cost a lot of money. Generally the league table and spending are roughly in line, we where an outlier for a period as Poch got us doing so well on limited cash.

If Eriksen had accepted the move to United he'd more than likely be playing for us
Funny that the rumours went along the lines of Poch wanting Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld sold as they were itching to get away and that it was rubbing off on the other players (poor mentality, painful rebuild etc.).

Vetoed by the higher ups who'd rather lose them for free (except they sold Eriksen anyway in January).

€15m difference and the player was all set to come here.

What about the Grealish deal? That one fucks me off too.

Back
Top Bottom