Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think its still pretty important - look how many teams are planning new stadiums - Milan, Roma, Everton, and others doing huge refurbishment Real, Barca.

FFP has left it as an obvious way to increase revenue.
All of those with the exception of Everton have won major honours this century including leagues...and Everton have put £100m more into their squad in the past 5 years and £150m more over the past 10 years.

Nah, it's a football stadium that was designed and built so that it can be converted to hosting NFL and other events.
Why else would they have put all the time, effort and money into studying acoustics and building the giant wall.

Either way the fact remains that it will double-ish our match day income and despite what others might think, we will receive, at least, some of the profits from other events.

How anyone can construe the stadium as a bad thing just highlights the agenda of "Levy is bad".

He can and should be criticised for some things but not this.
Have not criticised the stadium build only it's purpose which is a stadium purpose built for superbowl, saying that levy is being criticised for being bad is another agenda in itself.

Have not criticised the stadium build only it's purpose which is a stadium purpose built for superbowl, saying that levy is being criticised for being bad is another agenda in itself.
I wasn't specifically saying that you were criticising the stadium build, others have though.

It's something we will have to disagree on, they could of built it cheaper and easier if they wanted a NFL stadium. I'm not up on NFL stadiums but I don't think any of them have a wall, that is purely a football thing, knicked from Dortmund.

Also this...
20200712-102238.jpg

Hard to see that, there's the last report anyway.
( John Thomas John Thomas would like a look at this)

Last edited:
I wasn't specifically saying that you were criticising the stadium build, others have though.

It's something we will have to disagree on, they could of built it cheaper and easier if they wanted a NFL stadium. I'm not up on NFL stadiums but I don't think any of them have a wall, that is purely a football thing, knicked from Dortmund.

I love the idea that anyone would choose Tottenham High Road as the place to build their speculative NFL stadium

The fact that Enic can make more money out of the stadium is brilliant business to be honest, all that extra revenue from NFL and Gigs , I think once the next football stadium is built we will see a similar setup to us, as why only have a stadium in use for 24 (ish) games a year and then sit empty for the rest of the time? You have to give levy credit for this. IF the money was getting reinvested back into the team it could have been a game changer, I just cant
See this happening , it will be going towards uncle Joes new art collection.

The fact that Enic can make more money out of the stadium is brilliant business to be honest, all that extra revenue from NFL and Gigs , I think once the next football stadium is built we will see a similar setup to us, as why only have a stadium in use for 24 (ish) games a year and then sit empty for the rest of the time? You have to give levy credit for this. IF the money was getting reinvested back into the team it could have been a game changer, I just cant
See this happening , it will be going towards uncle Joes new art collection.
That is the problem investment back into the team, eventually I can see us being sold to a big US concern with NFL being the obvious attraction.
Someone like Amazon or Disney have the money levy and co would want.

At some point the penny will drop for most fan's that the football side of things makes up a small part of enics portfolio.
I don't think many have realised this yet, our football team are not the number one priority in the stadium, because primarily it's an NFL one many have had the wool pulled over their eyes.
Surely as owners they are entitled to prioritise as they wish.

Give it time dude .
They will grab a permanent NFL franchise when the time is right for global expansion.
The day's are ticking , maybe in 5 years . It's already to go.
Brother they never built it for just 2 games a year
That's fair and tbh I don't have a problem with that.

It's where the money goes that is my concern, not how many NFL games are played there.
I'm not up on NFL financials, what percentage of NFL revenue comes from match days ?
I'm guessing not a lot seeing as they only play, what?, 10 home games a year.

That's fair and tbh I don't have a problem with that.

It's where the money goes that is my concern, not how many NFL games are played there.
I'm not up on NFL financials, what percentage of NFL revenue comes from match days ?
I'm guessing not a lot seeing as they only play, what?, 10 home games a year.
The money will not go on strengthening the first team to be competing at the top table.
. He never has and never will on anything that they have done , look at their record with what they did with aek Athens and many others.
They don't understand football and don't really care, it's all about financial success and Spurs have reached a ceiling in value . They will use the club to support and finance other projects that will give them more income success. It's simple but they are investment company our owner couldn't even tell you what our results are except on a spreadsheet.

The money will not go on strengthening the first team to be competing at the top table.
. He never has and never will on anything that they have done , look at their record with what they did with aek Athens and many others.
They don't understand football and don't really care, it's all about financial success and Spurs have reached a ceiling in value . They will use the club to support and finance other projects that will give them more income success. It's simple but they are investment company our owner couldn't even tell you what our results are except on a spreadsheet.

Can you give an example where they have done this with Spurs?

I'm not saying you are wrong but I can't think of any instance where this has happened in our case.

Tbh, again, I couldn't care less if they make money of the back of Spurs, as long as they don't take money out of the club like the Glazers. It's like saying Amstrad were not allowed to make money when that other cunt owned us.

There's only one club that has owners that have invested millions in a football team without it being a loan.
It just doesn't happen unless you're owned by an oil state.

Well you could say the extra huge costs in building the stadium ready for NFL. This has come from the club pot and when the franchise eventually comes it will be no doubt under another satellite company structure aligned with Spurs but also separate. Some rent will be paid but when you consider the huge burdening costI don't think it is any great advantage to Tottenham Hotspurs football club.
All the eventual development around the ground financed by the club (really through fans TV subscriptions and going to games)I will be surprised if the team ever received the penny from that.

Well you could say the extra huge costs in building the stadium ready for NFL. This has come from the club pot and when the franchise eventually comes it will be no doubt under another satellite company structure aligned with Spurs but also separate. Some rent will be paid but when you consider the huge burdening costI don't think it is any great advantage to Tottenham Hotspurs football club.
All the eventual development around the ground financed by the club (really through fans TV subscriptions and going to games)I will be surprised if the team ever received the penny from that.
Maybe, I honestly don't know, who does.

But even if we just take football on it's own, there is no doubt we have doubled (or there abouts) our match day revenue. With FFP you can only spend a percentage of revenue, so it can onlt be a good thing.
The stadium will never bring us up to the revenue levels of Utd and the Dippers but it will, and has, lessened the gap.

Back
Top Bottom