Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really. The stadium is amazing, but football Is about the game on the pitch...Schalke and Newcastle both have huge stadiums and have had for way longer than us they are both shite and always will be..that chairmans message was clever and I bet he was really grateful to whichever underling wrote that for him...

If that is what you truly believe then I leave you with those thoughts. I'll stick with my views and we'll agree to differ.

As far as I am concerned he has built us a home to be proud of but he must rely on a manager to pick a team and a strategy that will lead to titles and cups. The finger cannot be pointed at him solely if the quality of the squad does not match that of the infrastructure.
I didn't see his message as 'clever' at all. I think you do the man a terrible injustice, but as I said, we shall agree to disagree. :thumbup:

When you have a dead cert in a horse race you can put your house on it and win big. Henry recognised just what he had with Klopp and financially backed him to the hilt. Would this not suggest that Levy isn't entirely convinced that Poch is the guy to hand over his pot of gold to ??
It is obvious to all and sundry Klopp is the best in the world.

When you have a dead cert in a horse race you can put your house on it and win big. Henry recognised just what he had with Klopp and financially backed him to the hilt. Would this not suggest that Levy isn't entirely convinced that Poch is the guy to hand over his pot of gold to ??

No it wouldn’t I somehow doubt Levy would have treated Klopp any different than Poch, he has a model, he sticks to it. I say that as someone who wants Levy and Poch to stay.

No it wouldn’t I somehow doubt Levy would have treated Klopp any different than Poch, he has a model, he sticks to it. I say that as someone who wants Levy and Poch to stay.
That's why Klopp would never have come to Spurs, he would have asked for a budget he considered necessary to provide a genuine title challenging side. Levy would have fainted, recovered and then said no. End of meeting.

I made a bet with myself you'd avoid the question. I won!

You've named a single owner you think has done a better job.

So by that, you think Levy is one of the best Chairmen in the League.

We could open the question up to European owners if you like? Get a broader set of data to work from. You can't avoid that by saying the owners are untested.

PSG owners?
Milan owners?
Madrid?
I made a bet with myself you'd be on page one asking a dumb ass question when I posted this thread. I won that too

75% of those clubs couldn't or shouldn't be able to attract the same calibre of owner as Spurs.

And even one of those has been more succesful in a fraction of the time .

Are you saying Spurs are no more attractive to a potential buyer than Bournmouth or Burnley?

I made a bet with myself you'd be on page one asking a dumb ass question when I posted this thread. I won that too

75% of those clubs couldn't or shouldn't be able to attract the same calibre of owner as Spurs.

And even one of those has been more succesful in a fraction of the time .

Are you saying Spurs are no more attractive to a potential buyer than Bournmouth or Burnley?
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery dear.

The question is only ''dumb'' because it has blown your view to smithereens. Hence, your avoidance of answering it.

If you answered the question honestly, you'd reveal to everyone you, in fact, put Levy in the top tier of owners.

Now you're trying to deflect to ''calibre of owner'' and move the goalposts. I'll allow it, because we can blow this apart too.

What determines a calibre of owner? I guess willingness to spend + money available.

Well, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, Palace and Villa all have owners of similar or above afluency. They are all, according to you, willing to invest more than Levy and they all have access to similar amounts of funds. Yet, they trail us. So your 75% couldn't attract ''same calibre owners'' is a fucking nonsense.

God knows why you asked that last question which has nothing to do with anything. And you talk about dumb ass questions. Spurs are very attractive. But the calibre of owner that comes into the Prem, as I've put to you, you've refused to say if they are better, or even equal to Levy and ENIC.

It's like you think Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Carlos Slim are lining up gagging to buy Premier League sides.

Last edited:
I think we're very lucky to have Daniel Levy as our chairman. I would hate to see our club become a rich billionaire's plaything like Chelsea or Man City and I certainly don't want a fool who spends money we don't have and leaves us like Leeds or Portsmouth. Chairmen like Daniel Levy with the right balance between money, ambition and business acumen are few and far between.

And look at what he's done with the club since he took over from Lord Sugar in 2001:

- brought in managers who play intelligent, attractive football in keeping with the Spurs tradition and got rid of managers who didn't
- invested in the team and turned us from spineless mid-table fodder to regular top 4 finishers
- brought regular European football to the club
- provided us with a brand new 60,000 seater stadium

It has done in City's case hasn't it ?

Money has to be spent wisely obviously , but not spending when in positions of strength and then falling backwards has been a constant theme with Levy, regardless of the manager.
So you want us to financially dope?

It has been proven they have cheated the rules to get where they are.

Back
Top Bottom