Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
This stat is massively skewed by the £130m received for Coutinho....

Liverpool have been able to regularly add half a dozen £40-£75m players in the past 18mnts.

We haven’t.

Liverpool also have a near perfect transfer record recently:

Salah
Mane
Firmino
Virgil
Alisson
Wijnaldum
Robertson
Fabinho

Milner and Henderson do more good than harm

Keita seems to be the only move that hasn't translated

Last edited:
If that is what you truly believe then I leave you with those thoughts. I'll stick with my views and we'll agree to differ.

As far as I am concerned he has built us a home to be proud of but he must rely on a manager to pick a team and a strategy that will lead to titles and cups. The finger cannot be pointed at him solely if the quality of the squad does not match that of the infrastructure.
I didn't see his message as 'clever' at all. I think you do the man a terrible injustice, but as I said, we shall agree to disagree. :thumbup:
Fair enough. I completely respect your opinion. There is nothing wrong with us agreeing to disagree that is what makes this the beautiful game sir..quality response

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery dear.

The question is only ''dumb'' because it has blown your view to smithereens. Hence, your avoidance of answering it.

If you answered the question honestly, you'd reveal to everyone you, in fact, put Levy in the top tier of owners.

Now you're trying to deflect to ''calibre of owner'' and move the goalposts. I'll allow it, because we can blow this apart too.

What determines a calibre of owner? I guess willingness to spend + money available.

Well, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, Newcastle, Everton, Palace and Villa all have owners of similar or above afluency. They are all, according to you, willing to invest more than Levy and they all have access to similar amounts of funds. Yet, they trail us. So your 75% couldn't attract ''same calibre owners'' is a fucking nonsense.

God knows why you asked that last question which has nothing to do with anything. And you talk about dumb ass questions. Spurs are very attractive. But the calibre of owner that comes into the Prem, as I've put to you, you've refused to say if they are better, or even equal to Levy and ENIC.

It's like you think Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Carlos Slim are lining up gagging to buy Premier League sides.
I'm assuming you would at least agree that 1 league cup to show for 19 years of ownership is a shocking statistic for a club with the history and pedigree of Tottenham Hotspur.
(although you're younger than me you must be aware of our history)

So, a simple question. Who do you hold primarily responsible.

a) Pocchetino and his long list of Predecessors

b) The Owners

c) Goblins

Liverpool also have a nearly perfect transfer record recently:

Salah
Mane
Firmino
Virgil
Alisson
Wijnaldum
Robertson
Fabinho

Milner and Henderson do more good than harm

Keita seems to be the only move that hasn't translated

Indeed.

Not many teams in recent times have a run like this. Klopp has a very clear way of playing so this ensures players are recruited for a specific purpose and role.

Fair play to them the above list is what has elevated them above us.

I'm assuming you would at least agree that 1 league cup to show for 19 years of ownership is a shocking statistic for a club with the history and pedigree of Tottenham Hotspur.
(although you're younger than me you must be aware of our history)

So, a simple question. Who do you hold primarily responsible.

a) Pocchetino and his long list of Predecessors

b) The Owners

c) Goblins
Yep, true to form, you've avoided the question and are moving the goalposts AGAIN because you're afraid to be truthful.

I'd say they are around equally to blame.

Levy didn't make Poch play Son at wing back.
Levy didn't make Poch drop Lucas for the CL Final.
Poch didn't make Levy not spend last season.

The examples of both failures are abundant.

Unlike your black and white world, the truth is in the grey zone.

Let this be a lesson to you on how to answer the question presented.

I'd keep asking you the question I want answered, but we both no you have zero intention of answering when you're stumped.

On the back of just 1 league cup in two decades

Highest ticket prices on planet Earth

And a squad of undervalue, want away players.......

Surely stats like this must leave a bad taste in the mouth of even the most staunch Levy supporters

Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m

Tottenham players stung by Daniel Levy’s £6m pay
Let's get a more recent example shall we?

You really don't help yourself.

Is this a ‘once in a generation ‘ poll?

Can’t be valid either unless Sammyspurs votes!

Almost a third of the voters want him out.
1505956078144.gif

Back
Top Bottom