Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Thomas

LEWIS & LEVY...Screwing Spurs since 2001
As was pointed out in the ENIC thread earler, in these troubled times, surely it's only fair to have another poll regarding the status of the man pulling the strings at the top.
Along with a distastrous run of form we have players running down their contracts, and players performing like they'd rather be anywhere else but NWHL.
Levy / ENIC. After all, they've been here for almost two decades now. The 2 most barren decades in terms of silverware in our history.
Should he be afforded more time to get it right? Or is it tlme to sell up and pass the reins on to others
Unlike the managerial situation, we don't have a knowledgeable shortlist to choose from, of course.
But if Levy is the die hard fan everybody makes out, surely we can expect that his screening of any buyer would be exemplary

As was pointed out in the ENIC thread earler, in these troubled times, surely it's only fair to have another poll regarding the status of the man pulling the strings at the top.
Along with a distastrous run of form we have players running down their contracts, and players performing like they'd rather be anywhere else but NWHL.
Levy / ENIC. After all, they've been here for almost two decades now. The 2 most barren decades in terms of silverware in our history.
Should he be afforded more time to get it right? Or is it tlme to sell up and pass the reins on to others
Unlike the managerial situation, we don't have a knowledgeable shortlist to choose from, of course.
But if Levy is the die hard fan everybody makes out, surely we can expect that his screening of any buyer would be exemplary
Levy does not see the game through the eyes of an emotional fan otherwise we may have won 4 league titles and 3 CL wins by now.
He may indeed like the club but for him it's the cold hard cash and how much more can he screw out of us all without spending too much or God forbid winning anything.

Levy does not see the game through the eyes of an emotional fan otherwise we may have won 4 league titles and 3 CL wins by now.
He may indeed like the club but for him it's the cold hard cash and how much more can he screw out of us all without spending too much of God forbid winning anything.
Well you know which way to vote, my friend.
After a few weeks, I intend to email him the results and comments

What’s the plan here??

Hope a rich billionaire wants to use us as a plaything and take on the world??

A greedy conglomerate who wants to bleed the cash out of the club and/or saddle us with their debt?!

Two decades barren.... but we had the might of United for the first half and the oil men for the second half scooping up most prizes.... so it’s hard to compare this period with any other.

Most money now made from TV so maybe Levy has backed the wrong model by doubling down on the stadium when we could have kept the Lane as a fortress and invested heavily in the team???

But the stadium is bloody amazing....! And will lead to us being self funded long after the oil men get bored.... or if FFP became real....

It’s a tough one.

I do think £100m in summer 2018 wouldn’t have fucked us financially but could have given us a real chance to compete with City / Pool.

Now we need to regroup again and get out of this mosh pit ahead of the others also rebuilding..... that could go either way. Like pitting in F1.... will we come out ahead of the traffic?! Or stuck behind it.....

It was a gamble to hope the team and Poch could keep us in that top bracket whilst we moved in.... it’s worked until now.... but this next 6 months will prove if the bigger project has derailed the football project....

I have a question...

Or is it tlme to sell up and pass the reins on to others
Of all the other Premier League owners, which one's would you take ahead of Levy and ENIC?

For clarity, I'll name them...

Woolwich - Stan Kroenke
Aston Villa - Nasser Sawiris and Wesley Edens
Bournemouth - Maxim Demin
Brighton - Tony Bloom
Burnley - Mike Garlick
Chelsea - Roman Abramovich
Crystal Palace - Steve Parish
Everton - Farhad Moshiri
Leicester - The Srivaddhanaprabha Family
Liverpool - John. W. Henry
Manchester City - Sheikh Mansour
Manchester United - The Glazers
Newcastle - Mike Ashley
Norwich - Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones
Sheffield United - Abdullah bin Musa-ed
Southampton - Gao Jisheng
Watford - Gino Pizzo
West Ham - Dildo Slappers
Wolves - Fosun

Don't mind the random hyperlink. I was never spelling that cunting thing.

I have a question...

Of all the other Premier League owners, which one's would you take ahead of Levy and ENIC?

Woolwich - Stan Kroenke
Brighton - Tony Bloom
Burnley - Mike Garlick
Everton - Farhad Moshiri
Newcastle - Mike Ashley
Watford - Gino Pizzo
Wolves - Fosun

I'll stick with the guy who was primarily responsible for our beautiful new stadium thanks :thumbup:

People come on here and say he's not a true fan of the club and only bothered about money...
Lest we forget :

You are undoubtedly more irritating than Joe Pasquale with his wonderful mantra

I've got a song that will get on your nerves etc

Well done

I have a question...

Woolwich - Stan Kroenke
Brighton - Tony Bloom
Burnley - Mike Garlick
Everton - Farhad Moshiri
Newcastle - Mike Ashley
Watford - Gino Pizzo
Wolves - Fosun

Very difficult question to answer as we don't know how the owners of clubs like Watford, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Southampton etc etc would perform with a much bigger club like Tottenham Hotspur.
Henry at Liverpool seems to be achieving more in 1 decade at Liverpool than ENIC have in 2 decades at Spurs.
You could also say the same for the Leicester City owners. A much smaller club than Spurs.
Villa are a big club with new owners. Be interesting to see how they develop.

But, as I said in my opening gambit, if Levy loves the club as you say, no doubt he'd only sell accordingly.

And unlike football mangers, potential club owners are not really in the public domain

Henry at Liverpool seems to be achieving more in 1 decade at Liverpool than ENIC have in 2 decades at Spurs.
When you have a dead cert in a horse race you can put your house on it and win big. Henry recognised just what he had with Klopp and financially backed him to the hilt. Would this not suggest that Levy isn't entirely convinced that Poch is the guy to hand over his pot of gold to ??

I'll stick with the guy who was primarily responsible for our beautiful new stadium thanks :thumbup:

People come on here and say he's not a true fan of the club and only bothered about money...
Lest we forget :
Really. The stadium is amazing, but football Is about the game on the pitch...Schalke and Newcastle both have huge stadiums and have had for way longer than us they are both shite and always will be..that chairmans message was clever and I bet he was really grateful to whichever underling wrote that for him...

When you have a dead cert in a horse race you can put your house on it and win big. Henry recognised just what he had with Klopp and financially backed him to the hilt. Would this not suggest that Levy isn't entirely convinced that Poch is the guy to hand over his pot of gold to ??
I think Levy employed Poch because of his reputation for developing young players and hoped he'd nullify the need to spend big.
Up until this recent poor run he was like a wet dream for Levy. Delivering champions league football and all the riches that go with it. On the cheap.
I see no evidence that Levy was ever intending to back Poch. Or any future manager if that backing involves taking a risk on the balance sheet.
Summer 2018 supports that.

Very difficult question to answer as we don't know how the owners of clubs like Watford, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Southampton etc etc would perform with a much bigger club like Tottenham Hotspur.
You could also say the same for the Leicester City owners. A much smaller club than Spurs.
Villa are a big club with new owners. Be interesting to see how they develop.

But, as I said in my opening gambit, if Levy loves the club as you say, no doubt he'd only sell accordingly.

And unlike football mangers, potential club owners are not really in the public domain
I made a bet with myself you'd avoid the question. I won!

You've named a single owner you think has done a better job.

So by that, you think Levy is one of the best Chairmen in the League.

We could open the question up to European owners if you like? Get a broader set of data to work from. You can't avoid that by saying the owners are untested.

PSG owners?
Milan owners?
Madrid?

Back
Top Bottom