Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
Just finished listening to last Friday's podcast.

The reason Levy and the other directors don't wildly celebrate goals is largely due to the fact that they are either hosting people in similar positions from other clubs or are their guests. Add to that he has to conduct business deals with these people (most of the already hate him enough).......

I have met the bloke away at Sunderland in the boardroom as well and he seemed very socially uncomfortable - the complete contrast of Niall Quinn who just wanted to pour Guinness down everyone's necks

Blanchflower said:
I have met the bloke away at Sunderland in the boardroom as well and he seemed very socially uncomfortable - the complete contrast of Niall Quinn who just wanted to pour Guinness down everyone's necks

I think this highlights the issue in that Levy is a businessman first and while it's not a universal constant that to be uber-successful in business you need to be socially inept, as a general rule it does work.

Blanchflower said:
Just finished listening to last Friday's podcast.

The reason Levy and the other directors don't wildly celebrate goals is largely due to the fact that they are either hosting people in similar positions from other clubs or are their guests. Add to that he has to conduct business deals with these people (most of the already hate him enough).......

pity quinn is by definition a cunt, for playing for the cunts, but he's a lot less of a cunt than the other cunts there. had a drink with him once in ra ra's at the angel islington, he was avoiding the imbecile antics of his fellow goons, donkey adams included and seemed embarressed by them. little while after, he was at manc city, we had a home game called off against them and as we were walking down the high road the city coach pulled up in traffic, quinn came to the door to say hello as he'd recognised us strolling past.
add that to his charity testimonial and its hard to hate him as much as i really should.

NO1JIB said:
pity quinn is by definition a cunt, for playing for the cunts, but he's a lot less of a cunt than the other cunts there. had a drink with him once in ra ra's at the angel islington, he was avoiding the imbecile antics of his fellow goons, donkey adams included and seemed embarressed by them. little while after, he was at manc city, we had a home game called off against them and as we were walking down the high road the city coach pulled up in traffic, quinn came to the door to say hello as he'd recognised us strolling past.
add that to his charity testimonial and its hard to hate him as much as i really should.

Merely playing for the Scum isn't enough to make you a cunt imo - Pat Jennings isn't a cunt

Blanchflower said:
NO1JIB said:

Merely playing for the Scum isn't enough to make you a cunt imo - Pat Jennings isn't a cunt

thank you for reminding me of that, feel better now for not hating on quinn. another of my star fucking stories, i shook hand with mr jennings outside the ground once, fuck me but his hands really are massive.

willie young was a cunt , never met him though.

NO1JIB said:
Blanchflower said:
NO1JIB said:

Nearly got run over by Pat Jennings' car once when I was drunk (my fault obviously), was walking back from the pub to WHL station with my Dad and walked right in front of his car. He was alright about it. Nice man.

thank you for reminding me of that, feel better now for not hating on quinn. another of my star fucking stories, i shook hand with mr jennings outside the ground once, fuck me but his hands really are massive.

willie young was a cunt , never met him though.

Back
Top Bottom