********Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur 3pm Today *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that mere appearance is to mean that he will be play half the real games.

Well no; afterall the 2 aren't intrinsically connected; so it's just silly doom prophecy.

Never mind being pissed about the inclusion of Winks; I'm far more concerned that Ndombele has presumably been deemed not fit enough or not training well enough to start (even though he's had no international distractions to keep him from getting his shit together here).

Last edited:
Well no; afterall the 2 aren't intrinsically connected; so it's just silly doom prophecy.

Never mind being pissed about the inclusion of Winks; I'm far more concerned that Ndombele has presumably been deemed not fit enough or not training well enough to start (even though he's had no international distractions to keep him from getting his shit together here).
I think having a terrible footballer in the center of midfield and the team failing are very very intri...ly related.

I think having a terrible footballer in the center of midfield and the team failing are very very intri...ly related.

That's not what I said/meant...

Him playing today doesn't mean he'll play "half the real games"; it doesn't even mean he won't still be sold.

Leyton Orient you say?

Tired Kevin James GIF by TV Land

I've got no plans for today and I might not even bother to watch this.

If that mere appearance is to mean that he will be play half the real games.
Here's the team from our 1st pre-season game in 2020.

Spurs 3-0 Ipswich Town​

Spurs: Lloris (c) (Hart 46 (Gazzaniga 74)), Gedson, Foyth (Carter-Vickers 46), Alderweireld, Davies (Cirkin 46), Hojbjerg (White 64), Winks (Devine 71), Lucas (Scarlett 71), Dele (Bowden 74), Sessegnon, Son (Clarke 46).

Plenty of CBs in that squad.
Surely that means the end for Sanchez?
Sanchez played in the Copa America 3rd place play offs.. the day before the Copa America final and the Euro 2020 final. So he should be the 3rd last player to return to training.. so essentially it means nothing that he is not part of these initial pre-season squads.

Anyone not in that squad that hasn't been on international duty needs to be asked some serious questions.....

Da fuck is Doherty, Ndombele, Reguilon, Son etc.

Scarlett the only bit of excitement for me. Apart from that, nothing against Nuno who I like, but same old dog shit defence and no reinforcements = piss poor.

"same old dog shit defence.."
Cesay Carter-Vickers Dier Paskotsi ?
Pretty sure that back line has never played together before.
You probably saw Winks + Dier so shit the bed.

Maybe you're expectations of excitement from an opening pre season friendly at Leyton Orient are out of place because this will be about fitness & charity before excitement.

What's happened to Cirkin? He's a natural LB, unlike Paskotsi who - whilst highly promising & already a full Estonian international - is a CB.

I seem to remember Cirkin had a family bereavement which understandably hit him hard. But Mourinho praised his "quality".

-------------------------------------

"I couldn't be at the game but I watched on video our youth team playing in the [UEFA Youth League], and we also have [Dennis Cirkin]," he [Mourinho] said.
"OK, he’s 17, but he’s a kid with a lot of quality, and I look forward to bringing him to train with us, and to help his development."

What Mourinho said about wonderkid Cirkin after new contract

Back
Top Bottom