********Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur 3pm Today *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched the highlights back and I have to ask, is Lucas out best 10 right now? Also the more I see of John the more I want the kid to make the first team.

Not even top 3.

John looks like a potential good option for the future but probably could benefit more from a loan than staying with the first team.

I remember when we beat the Os 5-0 or something in pre season and we all thought Giovanni Dos Santos was the second coming and Darren Bent was the new Jimmy Greaves (or John Duncan at least). The next season started with 2 points from 8 games.

Pre-season is for getting fit. Not quite time to be talking serious relegation fears.
Amen indeed!

510cd800ba83fbe4170fe6e624063ba9.gif

Very dissapointed from the senior players

Dele/Bergwijn/Winks very poor , Dele in particular was AWFUL

They need to be far better.

Ultimately result doesn't matter. Most of the first team missing. Lots of youth and its all just FITNESS.

Players need to build up fitness. Won't know formations , philopshy etc.. I'll start to worry in a couple of weeks. (Although am worried about some of those senior players)

Very dissapointed from the senior players

Dele/Bergwijn/Winks very poor , Dele in particular was AWFUL

They need to be far better.

Ultimately result doesn't matter. Most of the first team missing. Lots of youth and its all just FITNESS.

Players need to build up fitness. Won't know formations , philopshy etc.. I'll start to worry in a couple of weeks. (Although am worried about some of those senior players)
They might have done a periodised block of 5 days hard training culminating in this… I wouldn’t read anything into it

Fair enough. I’m not sure if he is where he ought to be in his development to be honest. I hope we see Sessegnon in the same position in a game soon for comparison.
Clarke didn't start but let's see if he does in the next game.
Sessegnon is not in competition with Clarke but Clarke is in competition with a lot of good players at Spurs.
Of the subs today I thought he did the best but the subs were not as good as the starters.

Last edited:
only watched the first half but couldn't see any style of play
yes winks was a bit more forward thinking but its was the O's
for me(in the EPL team ) there is only 1 spot for Dele that's in & around the striker
Nuno said himself that ALL of the preseason to date is about fitness, they've not worked on any tactical stuff whatsoever so far.

Nile John looks ready for a loan to me, very exciting player.

Devine the only sub who really stood out to me. You can see Clarke has a level of quality that most of them don't but he'll need a very good loan to bring it out of him.

Perplexed by Bergwijn.
I was not that impressed with Devine today to be honest. I didn't think he stood out at all. I was more impressed with more or less the entire left flank. Eyoma, Bowden and Clarke. That's where things happened after we made the subs.

Devine and White held down midfield well enough. But they didn't stand out to me.

Back
Top Bottom