Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup 3rd Round - Postponed - Spurs receive a bye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Harry Kane Derby
R.I.P Justin.

Gazzaniga, Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon and Fernandes all should start, plus Foyth hopefully.
Cirkin, White and Clarke may all play.
The rest is down to who doesn't get the minutes today at Southampton.
Up top is the problem here for the Orient game.

The Harry Kane Derby
R.I.P Justin.

Gazzaniga, Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon and Fernandes all should start, plus Foyth hopefully.
Cirkin, White and Clarke may all play.
The rest is down to who doesn't get the minutes today at Southampton.
Up top is the problem here for the Orient game.

We have loads of senior players that need gametime... Playing kids and dregs is silly.

Probaby want to save all (or most of) these players for EL on Thursday and PL next Sunday :

Lloris (C), Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg, Winks, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane and Lo Celso

So might be :

Hart/Gazzaniga
Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Dier, Cirkin
Sissoko, White,
Bergwijn, Sessegnon, Clarke
Moura​

Subs : Hart/Gazzaniga, Gedson, Foyth, Lo Celso, Son (5 subs in LC ?)

So a couple of top players on the bench in case they are neeeded and Dier starting, but otherwise saving our top players for PL and EL. Dele I've left out in case PSG story today is correct, otherwise I'd be tempted to start him.

JM watched Spurs u23's demolish Wham 3-0 on Friday so an outside chance he might bring one or two of those in......and even Devine/Scarlett who played in pre-season.

[FORMATION=4231, Hart, Aurier, Alderweireld, Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Lucas][/FORMATION]

Bench
Gazzaniga, Dier, Cirkin, White, Hojbjerg, Clarke, Kane

Central midfield is a bit of a problem, both Winks and Hojbjerg playing a full 90 makes me doubt they’ll play again on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what happens with Ndombele and Dele

[FORMATION=4231, Hart, Aurier, Alderweireld, Carter-Vickers, Sessegnon, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Lucas][/FORMATION]

Bench

Central midfield is a bit of a problem, both Winks and Hojbjerg playing a full 90 makes me doubt they’ll play again on Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what happens with Ndombele and Dele
Change Hart for Gazza and I'm with you.

Bench

That is a lot of first team guys that we will need on the weekend and potentially on Thursday as well.

I was hoping we would have played a B team against Plovdiv and rested some of our top guys but it appears Jose is happy to run guys into the ground so you are likely right but hopefully we can start playing some of our depth/young guys rather than keeping on running out our top guys multiple times a week.

That is a lot of first team guys that we will need on the weekend and potentially on Thursday as well.

I was hoping we would have played a B team against Plovdiv and rested some of our top guys but it appears Jose is happy to run guys into the ground so you are likely right but hopefully we can start playing some of our depth/young guys rather than keeping on running out our top guys multiple times a week.
WOW!

Your idiocy knows no bounds!!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Anyone know the SP with Tanganga?

Tuesday:

Gazz
Aurier / Dier / Sanchez / Davie
Sissoko / Ndombele(*)

(*sub @45m with GLC)

Bergwijn / Lamela / Sessengon
Dele

Thursday:

Hugo
Doherty / Toby / Sanchez / Reguilón
Winks / PEH / Ndomb
ele(*)
(*sub @45m with GLC)
Bergwijn / Kane / Son

Last edited:
Ndombele starts this game, put your mortgage on it!

I think we need to save him for Thursday. This game is of much less importance than the EL and PL and he is not a naturally fit player, we need to build his condition carefully.

Going by who was selected today I guess it will be:

Hart
Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Reguilon
Sissoko ?
Lamela Dele Bergwijn
Lucas

I don't know who is going to be the other CM because Ndombele and Lo Celso seem to be carefully managed, it could be either of them or Winks. Nobody who played 90 minutes today will start, so that rules out Davies, Dier, Kane and Son straight away.

We can play a B team once we get through to the group phase. We cannot afford to lose any of these qualifying matches plus many of our players badly need minutes after minimal preseason. Kane would not have been as sharp as he was today without the game against Plovdiv.

Bench

Pretty good but expect White to start instead of Ndombele. Tangy will prob play in North Macedonia

Back
Top Bottom