Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup 3rd Round - Postponed - Spurs receive a bye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why has it taken the EFL FOUR DAYS to come to this decision which was obviously the only appropriate option??

The next question is: how does Mourinho rotate the squad with four games in 8 days?

Does he rest players against Newcastle and risk dropping points in a game we should win?

Does he rest players in the Carabao Cup because it's a lesser competition but against strong opposition?

Does he rest players in the Europa League because it's against weaker opposition but in a bigger competition?...

:mourshock:

All this would have been avoided if Chelsea had won the FA Cup Final.

Finally a decision.

I know that Orient wanted the £100k or so TV money, but once the first match was postponed I doubt that the replayed match next Tuesday would have been televised anyway with the 4th round on at the same time.

Can't help but feel next time we face a side from a league where testing isn't mandatory and we offer to pay for their tests, they'll simply decline.

Hopefully the EFL and FA work this out alongside the PL before the next round of the League Cup and especially the FA Cup.

If a lower league club refused testing before playing us I'd 100% be happy with us forfeiting the game and not playing it. Imagine if we'd gone ahead with the game Tuesday and when we where testing again (under Prem rules) 4-5 1st team players had to isolate for 2 weeks? They'd miss 5 games and possibly the international games all down to the EFL not wanting to keep their players safe!

It's verging on criminal negligence that they have zero testing, I hope nobody gets serously ill or even passes due to to their lax attitude to this.

It's incredible they don't test....... It could be rife in their leagues.

Will be interesting to see if any Premier League teams get an increase in cases after this latest round of the League Cup.

As for Tuesday....... I think he's going to send the kids - Thursday is much more important in the grand scheme of things and you can't ask the 1st teamers to play 3 games in 5 days.

Good to hear the money is going to a good cause.

I am surprised the loser LO owner hasn't come out to complain that Spurs didn't donate the money to him.

Back
Top Bottom