LGB&T

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You certainly have a point, but it is also true that societal acceptance of homosexuality does make it much easier and more likely for someone to come out. The end goal of it being completely accepted and not deemed relevant with than "...and?" response is certainly a good one, but to get there we have to first make eliminate homophobia from our society and make sure we have an environment where no-one really does feel the need to hide their sexuality. Showing open acceptance to LGBT people coming out helps towards that. It's a stepping stone, if you will, between the outright hatred of the past and the neutral acceptance of the future.
Certainly true, but until that time comes there's just that little bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

Saddly, I don't see this happening. Not in our time, at least.
Progress can happen very quickly. If you look at the status of women, ethnic minorities and LGBT people now comparted to, say, 60 years ago, the difference is massive. There's no reason at that rate we can't reach an equal or even gender/sexuality-blind society in our times.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a more progressive Christian, and I think you have the right to do what you want in the bedroom but just keep it in your bedroom for the sake of the children.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a more progressive Christian, and I think you have the right to do what you want in the bedroom but just keep it in your bedroom for the sake of the children.

That is a load of bull, sorry.

How can you on one hand say that it's okay, but on the other hand want to hide it from children?
Why can't children be exposed to gay people, if being gay is okay?

I believe you are in fact against homosexuality but too afraid to say so.

That is a load of bull, sorry.

How can you on one hand say that it's okay, but on the other hand want to hide it from children?
Why can't children be exposed to gay people, if being gay is okay?

I believe you are in fact against homosexuality but too afraid to say so.

He didn't say exposed to gay people...he said do what you will in your bedroom but keep it there. Which is fair enough...I'm straight but I still don't fuck the wife in front of the kids.

So there you have it, mostly no-one minds who you fuck as long as you keep it private...which I suppose is where most of the exception come from with the LGBT group at Spurs, it's not that people care who you like to fuck or how, it's more because most don't feel the need to mention, even in passing, who what or how they like to fuck people.

I went to a party once, I was introduced to a fella and said "Hi, I'm MKYid", he said, "I'm gay". I called him gay for the rest of the night and apparently he wasn't impressed...and yet he never told me his name. Point is, I didn't care who he preferred to shag, and I would much preferred to know his name rather than his sexuality...and all because I wanted to treat him the same way I would anyone else, regardless of his sexuality.

I don't know if I had a point here, I'm not certain if I got it across either...I'm rambling now. Fuck it, here's a picture of Spongebob...

DZv6XJc.jpg

As someone who is two of the four initials (B&T) I see it as a big positive. I understand the view that there isn't a heterosexual male group and why should certain minorities be recognised. But just like a group of fans in a far off city may get together or even a group of friends gather in a local pub, why shouldn't fans who are homosexual or bisexual be united in their love for Tottenham? As for keeping so called lifestyles away in the bedroom, that is fine for sexuality. But being transgendered is sometimes difficult to hide and often open to abuse.

I asked the club what the remit for such a group was and they said essentially it's an official supporters club that's not based on geography like the regional uk/international ones which makes it like the already established Disability Group.

THST have offered them any support we can give (again like the disability group) and I guess only time will see how this pans out.

It's worth mentioning this is a UK wide initiative and many such groups have been founded up and down the country for individual clubs. One has just been formed at Norwich City and they were introduced onto the pitch yesterday at halftime. Stephen Fry has been appointed their president.

Back
Top Bottom