LGB&T

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nutter-Naylor

Supporter
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/formation-of-lgbandampt-fan-group-060214/

The Club is delighted to announce the formation of its first lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGB&T) fan group, in collaboration with the Gay Football Supporters' Network (GFSN), as part of its support for the Football v Homophobia month of action.

The group will become part of the newly-formed GFSN Fangroup Coalition (GFSN FC), backed by Kick It Out and Stonewall, to act as an umbrella organisation for LGB&T fans throughout the country.
Our home match against FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk on Thursday 27th February at White Hart Lane will see the official launch of the group, which aims to engage Tottenham Hotspur's LGB&T fan base and hold regular consultation with the Club.
Leviathen Hendricks, Chair of the group and Coordinator of GFSN FC, said: “We are delighted to be launching a LGB&T Tottenham Hotspur fan group. All football fans want to feel a real sense of belonging to their team. Unfortunately, homophobia, biphobia and transphobia are still very real barriers.
“We believe that LGB&T fan groups will go a long way toward creating a tolerant and safe environment while providing an equality of social experience for all fans to freely enjoy the excitement of being a proud supporter of their Club.”
Donna-Maria Cullen, Executive Director, Tottenham Hotspur, said: “The Club prides itself on being fully inclusive, regardless of race, gender or sexuality, and welcomes the formation of its first LGB&T fan group.
“Through our award-winning Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, we are a leader in the field when it comes to promoting equality and acceptance of the various groups and cultures that exist within our diverse and vibrant local community.
“We see this very much as an extension of that fantastic work, as well as the 20 years of ongoing support we have shown to the Kick It Out campaign.”

Whilst an admirable stance, and worthwhile blah-de-blah... I can't help but notice that LGB&T sounds more like a Cigarette Company's Trade Union!!

Surely not the image they're trying to conjure up with their imaginative acronym??
....but other than that, I'm glad the club is on board!

The sooner this ISN'T an issue, the better!

Always great news to see football moving in the right direction. Too much homophobia around, especially in our "traditional" sports.

:levyeyes:
(Hope "I8AVB" is still banned and doesn't start a topic about banning gay women or something)

Whilst an admirable stance, and worthwhile blah-de-blah... I can't help but notice that LGB&T sounds more like a Cigarette Company's Trade Union!!

Surely not the image they're trying to conjure up with their imaginative acronym??
....but other than that, I'm glad the club is on board!

The sooner this ISN'T an issue, the better!

It is weird, I have no idea why they've gone for that when everyone else seems to use LGBT (even if they completely ignore the T part).

We're the nuff side, we're the nuff side, we're the nuff side Tottenham!

:freundgoal:

Nah, in all honesty as most others have said - dont really care/mind. But just don't see the need for a song and dance about it. Football is football, blah di blah...

Odd though that we've ignored this for so long, and are now seemingly getting very involved. Who thinks one of our players may be preparing to come out?

Odd though that we've ignored this for so long, and are now seemingly getting very involved. Who thinks one of our players may be preparing to come out?

I don't think that's as likely as the game's simply getting more progressive, and our club has overall done well in being at the forefront.

We're the nuff side, we're the nuff side, we're the nuff side Tottenham!

:freundgoal:

Nah, in all honesty as most others have said - dont really care/mind. But just don't see the need for a song and dance about it. Football is football, blah di blah...
The media make a bit too much of a fuss sometimes but we need things like this happening. One day we hopefully won't need to even talk about this but right now most players don't feel comfortable coming out at all, which is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom