Ligue 1 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bonjour Mon Amis

Thank fuck BT have finally got their arses into gear and picked up the rights to Ligue 1, a week after it kicked off.

Going to interesting this year as Monaco have once agin been asset stripped, whilst Lyon have managed to retain one of the best young squads in Europe IMO. Marseille have largely stayed intact, but still seek a decent fulcrum no.9. Places 1-4 will probably be the same as last season, but 2-4 may swap around with Lyon my pick of that 2-4 bunch, if Genesio doesn't fuck things up eh todd1882 todd1882 .

A team who had a torrid time last year, but I think have some really interesting young players is Lille, who if they can get a bit of stability, might have a much better season and be a bit of a surprise package (Bissoumma - now at Brighton - Benzia and Pepe caught my eye last season, even when things were grim).

My money is on PSG to win it, just a hunch I got.
DbNpweIX4AEPyBk.jpg

Great 3-1 win for Nimes.

Both promoted sides are 2 wins out of 2 - that's great to see.

Nimes were well drilled but that was a bit of skanking, big scalp for them though. The downside is that PSG are going to cruise it this year. Monaco are a shadow of two seasons ago, Marseille have stood still, Lyon will almost certainly be the nearest challenger, but even they got skanked last night by Reims.

Nimes were well drilled but that was a bit of skanking, big scalp for them though. The downside is that PSG are going to cruise it this year. Monaco are a shadow of two seasons ago, Marseille have stood still, Lyon will almost certainly be the nearest challenger, but even they got skanked last night by Reims.

Really like the look of Rennes this year.

I’ve been to see Montpellier a few times on Summer holidays when much younger. Best thing was the street food and barbecues beforehand. Amazing stuff. Nimes being back up is interesting for that region. I still vaguely follow Montpellier and I like the name St. Etienne. Ligue 1 can be quite entertaining.

Lyon/Nice tonight was a bit of a lacklustre affair. Vieira looks like he's a bit more Pullis than Wenger and Genesio managed to tinker Lyon into something duller than they should be too.

Back
Top Bottom