Ligue 1 2021-22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lyon President Aulas wants reform to 1st professional deal length​

Speaking in a French government organised conference on the future of French football, Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas discussed the need for reform of the length of the first professional contracts for players, which currently runs to a maximum of 3 years.

“Talks are ongoing for the first professional contract to be, not 3 years, but 5 or 6 years, and to make it so that clubs produce youth prospects with the certainty that they will not see them leave for free. A player who comes to the end of his youth contract in France has the possibility, even if he does not sign a professional contract, to leave for free to go abroad, there is therefore an obvious loss.”

Lyon President Aulas wants reform to 1st professional deal length​

Speaking in a French government organised conference on the future of French football, Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas discussed the need for reform of the length of the first professional contracts for players, which currently runs to a maximum of 3 years.

“Talks are ongoing for the first professional contract to be, not 3 years, but 5 or 6 years, and to make it so that clubs produce youth prospects with the certainty that they will not see them leave for free. A player who comes to the end of his youth contract in France has the possibility, even if he does not sign a professional contract, to leave for free to go abroad, there is therefore an obvious loss.”
For once he says something that makes sense...
The problem nowadays is that greedy, cunning agents now control players from a young age and dictates their career moves.

Although this would mean clubs controlling players from a young age and dictating their career moves.
Well, it's clubs and not the agents who are investing time, money, and energy into these players; so it's fairer that the clubs have some control of their players rather than greedy agents whose only interest in making money does it.

Well, it's clubs and not the agents who are investing time, money, and energy into these players; so it's fairer that the clubs have some control of their players rather than greedy agents whose only interest in making money does it.
There would be a huge danger of young players being held for years and not playing. 3 years is enough. It would be wrong to have 16yr olds tied down for 6 years. I feel accept that some teams have found themselves ripped off but what he is asking for is excessive.

There would be a huge danger of young players being held for years and not playing. 3 years is enough. It would be wrong to have 16yr olds tied down for 6 years. I feel accept that some teams have found themselves ripped off but what he is asking for is excessive.
You seem unaware of the contracts young players sign with agents - who "catch" players as young as, at least 10-11 years old.
Why is it less dangerous to be in the hand of a scrupulous agent?
Besides, Aulas was not talking about those who didn't play but the big talents who simply care about money and not their respective clubs. It takes lots of money to run academies and the clubs do invest a lots of money in each player, so why shouldn't the player "owe" something to those clubs...?

You seem unaware of the contracts young players sign with agents - who "catch" players as young as, at least 10-11 years old.
Why is it less dangerous to be in the hand of a scrupulous agent?
Besides, Aulas was not talking about those who didn't play but the big talents who simply care about money and not their respective clubs. It takes lots of money to run academies and the clubs do invest a lots of money in each player, so why shouldn't the player "owe" something to those clubs...?
I do agree fully with you that agents need sorting out. They are as menace and should not have that level of influence over young players who are still children. I just don't think they way to deal with that is to hand the balance of power to the clubs. 3 years is plenty I think, as frustrating as that is for clubs. Even seasoned professionals would probably think twice about signing a 6 year deal. It's why our own Harry finds himself in a career pickle.

I do agree fully with you that agents need sorting out. They are as menace and should not have that level of influence over young players who are still children. I just don't think they way to deal with that is to hand the balance of power to the clubs. 3 years is plenty I think, as frustrating as that is for clubs. Even seasoned professionals would probably think twice about signing a 6 year deal. It's why our own Harry finds himself in a career pickle.
Aulas was talking about the 1st pro contract of academy players. There should be some "payback" attached to signing for a club that spends time and money to develop youth players. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) is that in France, after your max contract of 3 years expires the concerning player can leave for free. And, clubs - who complain about greedy agents - are more than happy to pounce on other clubs' talents. It's a bit like the clubs shooting themselves in the foot.
Kane is a different story, as he was an adult when he signed that contract - guaranteed earning a cool £200,000 a month for 6 years.

Aulas was talking about the 1st pro contract of academy players. There should be some "payback" attached to signing for a club that spends time and money to develop youth players. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) is that in France, after your max contract of 3 years expires the concerning player can leave for free. And, clubs - who complain about greedy agents - are more than happy to pounce on other clubs' talents. It's a bit like the clubs shooting themselves in the foot.
Kane is a different story, as he was an adult when he signed that contract - guaranteed earning a cool £200,000 a month for 6 years.
If they aren't compensated then I have a lot of sympathy for that.

and their wingers are good , Diop / Gerson but they failed with Pelligrini (25M) for a big bid and Geubbels too , they did a flop.

They have many players in the midfield , Tchou / Fofana / Lucas / Fabregas
Fabregas' legs went years ago. There is almost zero creativity in that midfield.
and their wingers are good , Diop / Gerson but they failed with Pelligrini (25M) for a big bid and Geubbels too , they did a flop.
Their creative players/wingers are infuriating. I bet they are sorry they sold Faivre. He could really give them something extra.

Fabregas' legs went years ago. There is almost zero creativity in that midfield.

Their creative players/wingers are infuriating. I bet they are sorry they sold Faivre. He could really give them something extra.
Fofana didn't play during their last match . It was lucas and they lost vs shaktar :( Badiashile was poor xD

Back
Top Bottom