Ligue 1 2021-22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the Kosmos group, of which Gerard Piqué is the owner and president, bought the broadcasting rights for the French championship for the next three seasons. The amount of the deal was not disclosed, but Movistar, which previously owned the rights, was paying less than 2.5 million euros annually to broadcast Ligue 1 fixtures. Kosmos is now negotiating with broadcasters for programming. and the dissemination of meetings. As a reminder, Pique had already bought the TV rights to the Copa América to broadcast the competition on Twitch in Spain.

the voice shakira GIF

Valentin Rongier on Marseille’s system: “It unsettles the teams we play against.”​

Speaking to Canal + after his team’s impressive 2-0 victory over Monaco, Marseille midfielder Valentin Rongier discussed the strengths of the system put in place by manager Jorge Sampaoli.

The interview transcribed in La Provence, the 26-year-old indicated that despite the demanding nature of the Argentine’s style of play, it remains an enjoyable approach to the game for the players.

“I think the system unsettles those who watch us and the teams we play against. We can adapt and change our system depending on the opponent. Monaco didn’t know how to get to our players and in which areas to go, which allowed us to get the most out of the transitions and make the difference.”

“What we’ve been doing since the start of the season is coherent. We have to keep working on certain things. Sometimes we leave ourselves too exposed, that’s the way our style of play is. We’re enjoying it and that’s the most important thing. There’s a mental and physical effort. It’s a system which requires a lot of attention, and if we get the positioning or anticipation wrong by a split second it can cost us dearly.”

What a disgrace to see Monaco strikers .. ,Weah, Anderson , Trezeguet ,Prso, Henry , Simone , Morientes , Saviola , Falcao , Mbappé and now ... Volland and Ben Yedder :nunofacepalm:.

Isn't (or at least wasn't) Gary Jacob one of Levy's mouthpieces from the times? Can you imagine thinking Harry Winks is worth 40M? I'm pretty sure there are scores of posters round here that would have happily given Villa 40M of whatever our transfer budget was to take him and prevent his inclusion in our side. That's ridiculous! But if he wants to spend his career taking whatever leftover minutes are available at his boyhood club then fair play to him. This assumes we actually improve our MF at some point.

I have a vague liking of Montpellier Herault FC in the French leagues from holidays back in the day. I went to a few games in my teenage years with my Dad. Still look out for their results. It was good when they beat PSG to the title a few years back.

Hope Poch finally gets a few trophies this season. He probably needs to get that out of his system then he can come home and get us back to being half respectable again. Still doesn’t make me like PSG though.

Cool story bro etc.

Ligue 1 authorities looking to introduce salary cap and contract reforms​

L’Équipe report that the governing body in charge of France’s two professional football leagues, the LFP, is looking to lead several major reforms following a year of high financial losses for clubs.

The first of which would involve extending youth players’ first professional contract from three years to five, in order to reduce the likelihood of promising talents being poached by foreign clubs. With the players’ syndicate indicating that the measure would require a trade-off, a possible solution would see squads limited to 24 players (the current average is 37 per club), but players in their first contract would be exempt from this count. This would in turn afford more playing time to academy graduates.

French football’s financial regulator is also pushing for a salary cap – the wage bill would be a set percentage of the clubs’ budgets – would also favour young players’ development. The LFP has delegated the organisation of this measure to Reims president Jean-Pierre Caillot.

Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi could be set to take on the marketing side of the reforms, with the aim being to “freshen up” Ligue 1’s image in order to increase broadcasting deals from abroad. Montpellier’s Laurent Nicollin will lead the governance shake-up. Nice’s Jean-Pierre Rivère is expected to be mandated to make changes in the world of refereeing, with one of the innovations being considered including attaching microphones to the referees. However, this change would require approval from the IFAB – the French Football Federation had already made such a request this summer, asked by Marseille following a friendly match against Villarreal, which was turned down.

Back
Top Bottom