Lionesses

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know if anyone else watches the England Women's Football team, but I'm watching them play the Dutch and they've just scored a goal that was a thing of beauty. A move like that would have been a contender for goal of the season in the PL.

I've been watching them a few times and really enjoyed what I was seeing. The quality of the Women's game has come on leaps and bounds.

I don't know if anyone else watches the England Women's Football team, but I'm watching them play the Dutch and they've just scored a goal that was a thing of beauty. A move like that would have been a contender for goal of the season in the PL.

I've been watching them a few times and really enjoyed what I was seeing. The quality of the Women's game has come on leaps and bounds.

Hemp be on fire....... Sounds dope!

4-1 is great tho...... Peeps were talking about the Dutch as if they were the boogie man before the match.

If you made a football team of the best women on the planet, the only way they would get out of the national League (conference) would be to get relegated.
Women's football has improved by a massive amount from ten years ago, but the only reason for watching it is for letch factor, currently.
The current habit of mixing the games up in the media, as if they were comparable is to stave off the woke brigade.
Ditto rugby, cricket, tennis, hockey etc etc. The only sports where there will be any degree of equivalence will be "sport" that has no physicality involved.
So darts, snooker, formation skydiving, equine sports and possibly motor sports.
It's a simple matter of human physicality, men are stronger and faster than women.

Agree,..simply because of the physicality , in general men are bigger , stronger and more poweful thus watching womens football is like watching a game in slow motion

Womens game time, pitches and goals should be reduced in size by 20/ 25% then you might see a game equivalent to a mens lower league game at best.

Agree,..simply because of the physicality , in general men are bigger , stronger and more poweful thus watching womens football is like watching a game in slow motion

Womens game time, pitches and goals should be reduced in size by 20/ 25% then you might see a game equivalent to a mens lower league game at best.

I doubt you'll find a similar woman whom wants that...........

With continued investment; the logical conclusion is that the women's game will evolve into a ore cerebral, highly technical game and given the reverence that smaller-framed wizards like Messi, Modrich, Silva etc. etc. etc. garner, one would think that's quite an appealing prospect.

I doubt you'll find a similar woman whom wants that...........

With continued investment; the logical conclusion is that the women's game will evolve into a ore cerebral, highly technical game and given the reverence that smaller-framed wizards like Messi, Modrich, Silva etc. etc. etc. garner, one would think that's quite an appealing prospect.
Not on oversized pitches..the womens version of messi, modric etc will still not have the physicality of the male modric,messi etc.

Not on oversized pitches..the womens version of messi, modric etc will still not have the physicality of the male modric,messi etc.

...So what?

Necessity drives evolution..... (Not to sound pretentious; I hope you get what I mean.)

Again, a less physical, more intelligent technical game..... Many would love to watch that.

...And any physical duels will still remain relative to the opposing player; not their male counterparts.

...So what?

Necessity drives evolution..... (Not to sound pretentious; I hope you get what I mean.)

Again, a less physical, more intelligent technical game..... Many would love to watch that.

...And any physical duels will still remain relative to the opposing player; not their male counterparts.
Theyve still got to get from one end to the other to score goals..unless the pitches are relative to their physical beings the game will still be played in a slow motion state compared to the mens game.
Have a nice day or fuckoff.. i dont really care which one you choose.

If you made a football team of the best women on the planet, the only way they would get out of the national League (conference) would be to get relegated.
Women's football has improved by a massive amount from ten years ago, but the only reason for watching it is for letch factor, currently.
The current habit of mixing the games up in the media, as if they were comparable is to stave off the woke brigade.
Ditto rugby, cricket, tennis, hockey etc etc. The only sports where there will be any degree of equivalence will be "sport" that has no physicality involved.
So darts, snooker, formation skydiving, equine sports and possibly motor sports.
It's a simple matter of human physicality, men are stronger and faster than women.

What triggered this? Who said women's football was on a similar level to men's? Who claimed men aren't (generally) physically faster & stronger? No offence but it comes across like you're threatened by women's football for some reason. People just enjoy it because it's football, just like I can enjoy a Premier League game but also a non league match.

It's been given a higher profile by the media not because of the 'woke brigade' but to try and grow women's sports. I'm sure there's plenty of young female footballers out there who really benefit from being able to watch women play for England, United etc. For a long time the women's game was repressed/banned, so the least we can do now is give it a bit of air time so it can grow, no?

Theyve still got to get from one end to the other to score goals..unless the pitches are relative to their physical beings the game will still be played in a slow motion state compared to the mens game.
Have a nice day or fuckoff.. i dont really care which one you choose.

....Fucks the matter with you, you agro cunt??????

Go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

You sound really insecure, tbh.

Yeah men are bigger than women .. great. Top male tennis players would also thrash Serena Williams but she's still great to watch play.

I don't get what it is with women's sports and men deciding to come in unprovoked and tell everyone that men are physically superior & will always be better. Like yeah thanks Dave, I'm just trying to watch some football.

You sound really insecure, tbh.

Yeah men are bigger than women .. great. Top male tennis players would also thrash Serena Williams but she's still great to watch play.

I don't get what it is with women's sports and men deciding to come in unprovoked and tell everyone that men are physically superior & will always be better. Like yeah thanks Dave, I'm just trying to watch some football.

What about snooker then?

Size is irrelevant surely but no female snooker stars in the WC

What about snooker then?

Size is irrelevant surely but no female snooker stars in the WC

I have no idea, not a snooker fan. I'd assume it's because far more men play snooker than women, so the likelihood of a top female player emerging is statistically very low. Same with darts, I believe there's a very good female player now? But 99% of people trying to get in to the pro darts scene will be men.

I have no idea, not a snooker fan. I'd assume it's because far more men play snooker than women, so the likelihood of a top female player emerging is statistically very low. Same with darts, I believe there's a very good female player now? But 99% of people trying to get in to the pro darts scene will be men.

Neither am I but it’s a level playing field is my point

Neither am I but it’s a level playing field is my point

Like most other sports, women are playing catch up due to social factors....

In the case of pub-sports; you don't have to spin too far back to find them exclusively the domain of men due to the culture of the pubs themselves.

Like most other sports, women are playing catch up due to social factors....

In the case of pub-sports; you don't have to spin too far back to find them exclusively the domain of men due to the culture of the pubs themselves.

The Men Only rule went out by the 80s surely

I remember it well at the snooker club I used to go

I was rubbish though!

Said this before - they are missing a trick and should play 8 a side with smaller goals. Technically they are good but will always look like teenagers on a mens pitch no matter how good they are technically

What triggered this? Who said women's football was on a similar level to men's? Who claimed men aren't (generally) physically faster & stronger? No offence but it comes across like you're threatened by women's football for some reason. People just enjoy it because it's football, just like I can enjoy a Premier League game but also a non league match.

It's been given a higher profile by the media not because of the 'woke brigade' but to try and grow women's sports. I'm sure there's plenty of young female footballers out there who really benefit from being able to watch women play for England, United etc. For a long time the women's game was repressed/banned, so the least we can do now is give it a bit of air time so it can grow, no?
Triggered? Grow up

It's called an opinion, expressed off the back of a comment comparing women's and men's football on an equable level.
It isn't.

The media coverage isn't a problem, just jumbling PL football and the women's game in media sports sections is.

And no I'm not incandescent or frothing at the gills. Just tired of the constant attempt to try to blur the gap like it doesn't exist.

Men and women's tennis are both equally watchable and are both entertaining for the different approaches to the game based around the physical differences.

In time, when women's football reaches a similar level, then the same degree of enjoyment will probably be available. But there's a long way to go.

I'm not threatened in any way shape or form by the women's game, and that's just a juvenile, inflammatory comment to make. Just tired of the fallacy that it's anything but a third rate imitation at this point in time.

But most of all just plain bored with picking through sports sections where all of the football reports are jumbled together as if it was relevant to do so.

On paper, yes.... The effects at a competitive level would have lingered far longer tho' and the damage (divide) had already been done.

I don’t think so and a lot of women have enjoyed watching snooker so presumably have played but never got anywhere near the standard of the mens game and don’t look like ever doing so!

Back
Top Bottom