List of Paratici/Levy mistakes in last 6 months

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jericho-1004-holds.jpg

Dumfries is killing it as a RWB for Inter right now and was sold for 12.5m.

And it wasn't like he was some diamond in the rough they fluked into. We could have easily bought him for half the price of Royal and had him and Reggies as our two starting RWB's.

Also the idea that our WB's aren't good enough, well if we go to a back 4 our FB's wouldn't be good enough either so odd when people make that complaint.
Inter is killing it.

Dumfries is doing fine there off the back of a strong Euro 20.

He's started 9 of 19 Serie A matches for them, playing around half of their total Serie A minutes this season.

He's also a client of Mino Raiola.

Edit: A quick search shows that Dumfries is on £64K/wk @ Inter, while Emerson is on £41K/wk @ Spurs.

Last edited:
Inter is killing it.

Dumfries is doing fine there off the back of a strong Euro 20.

He's started 9 of 19 Serie A matches for them, playing around half of their total Serie A minutes this season.

He's also a client of Mino Raiola.

Edit: A quick search shows that Dumfries is on £64K/wk @ Inter, while Emerson is on £41K/wk @ Spurs.

3 goals and an assist is good production for a WB and as you say he is part of a team that is having success so that might contribute to his own success.

He was one example of how we could have brought in a player to play at RWB that would have been easily affordable, available and an upgrade over Royal.

3 goals and an assist is good production for a WB and as you say he is part of a team that is having success so that might contribute to his own success.

He was one example of how we could have brought in a player to play at RWB that would have been easily affordable, available and an upgrade over Royal.
Yep- and some other options that would be slightly more expensive than Dumfries- Mukiele & Baku spring to mind.

Levy’s biggest mistake with Paratici was hiring him. Paratici’s biggest mistake was accepting a job offer from Levy. Everything else stems from these 2 plonkers getting together .
2 minds are better than one as the old saying goes, unless they work for Spurs

1. Appointing Nuno

2. Pressurising Nuno to play 4-3-3 even though 3-4-3 suits our team better. Made even worse by the fact Paratici must have known that after Nuno, Conte/ Potter were two priority alternatives both of whom play 3 atb.

3. Buying players such as Emerson that suit 4 atb but not 3 atb. Now he has no use; we could have bought a RWB from the summer.

4. Finding money that NEARLY seals big deals such as Lautaro and Diaz. But then immediately forgetting about that cash when considering alternatives that we actually execute.

5. Bidding for players who don't start for their club, such as Kulusevski and Amarabat. This is nearly always a bad idea, unless there's special circumstances.
About 5

Kulusevski at Juventus scored important goals but did not fit into the frame. We see that he has good qualities but at least with us he has not become an important player: maybe by changing the air he can make an important contribution. Ambrabat, on the other hand, I don't know him, honestly it seemed like a flare-up in Verona.

Pal, we could've tried for Vlahovic last summer, he still wouldn't have come to Spurs. Especially with Kane in front of him. And even if we'd let Kane go to City, I firmly believe Dusan would've stayed at Fio. He's never been keen on Spurs and why would he. I've read loads about him and he seems like a guy who really, really values himself as a world class striker, similar to Erling and Mbappe. So if them two aspire to play for City, Real, Liverpool...why would Vlahovic settle for Spurs
Surely Tottenham is not seen in the ambitions of the players as a super top club but do not forget that you already have the top players in attack: Kane and Son. Your investments must go to other profiles. Your charm is great and not cardboard like PSG and Manchester City (or Manchester United today). The players want to go there because they will have an exaggerated salary. De Gea £ 20 million wouldn't even take it from his grandfather

Fiorentina didn't really need the cash then, they preferred to keep a player they knew was gonna score another 20 ish goals for them. And they're only selling him now cause he's asked to join Juve and they feel they owe him after what he's done for the club. Plus yeah, they're now getting top dollar for him, enough to sign a good replacement and they may still get European qualification come end of the season.

But the fact remain, then or now, he would never have signed for Spurs. In his mind, he's a top, top player. And top, top players sign for City, Real, Juve, PSG, Bayern...not Spurs.

I love my club but that's a reality. And we've seen it again with Luiz Dias. We are not A-list. We're B-list. And so we sign B or C-listers, especially cause our chairman is tight as fuck and our DOF is a muppet with no skills
Vlahovic wanted Juventus and Juventus fainted because if they don't reach at least fourth place in the standings with the salary, the whole castle collapses. Of course Juventus are ambitious and want to return to their level, but Tottenham, if Levy opens his wallet, can improve. You have the new stage: now we need the results.

He has 3 Goals + 3 assists this season I believe.

He's doing well at Inter.

He's also one of the most expensive RWBs/RBs in the world (per wages).

I think we should be looking at players that are in the most expensive RWB's in the world category.
I think you may have unrealistic expectations.

Hakimi is on nearly £175K/wk @ PSG.

That's not far off what we pay Kane.

Honestly - I get the impression that Levy would never even contemplate that he'd ever made a cock up.

I truly believe he thinks we don't need any reenforcements and that the squad should be challenging and that it's everyone else's fault.

I also think he believes that just by appointing Conte, that's enough to bring success without giving him any new players.

I like this thread. I've been on-side with Levy and Enic over the years but I am sick of how they are running the club the last few years, it is mismangement akin to Woolwich's own decline. Except of course, Woolwich fans at least won some trophies first before declining. We never ever got there. I'm not happy.

I think you may have unrealistic expectations.

Hakimi is on nearly £175K/wk @ PSG.

That's not far off what we pay Kane.

Well what is it? You said at 64k/wk that Dumfries is one of the highest and now say that 175k is the amongst the highest. That is a pretty big gap.

There is no reason we can't meet or beat the 64/wk that Dumfries is currently making.

If you don't think a new thread is worth commenting on- ignore it.

I just wanted to shine a light on specific mistakes that have been made recently; without posting on the pre-existing threads which would descend into the longstanding pro/anti ENIC tropes.
Because you thought by opening a new thread people would drop their preconceived notions and bias? Its not a different forum, it's the same assholes that fill up Levy's other 12 threads.

Back
Top Bottom