Liverpool Away - 02 April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another game, another must win, another cup final.

Liverpool have had the better of us the past few seasons, but it's about time we paid them back with a win of our own and this team is more than capable of doing that.

We saw on the weekend that they get shaky at the back, losing a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2. They've played some good football and beaten good teams but we seem to be the hardest game for most teams at the moment.

We need to keep Coutinho quiet, which I'd try to do by putting Dier or Dembele on him, then the other one on Firminho if fit. Our backline has been solid, I think they'll be tested against Sturridge but Toby and Wimmer have enough in them to stop him.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

Have Vertonghen and Clinton on the bench if fit. Team picks itself.

Go there and play like we have in our last 2 games and we'll be a really problem for them.

Let's do this.

Coutinho will have done a bit of travelling previous few days. Might only make bench.

Liverpool fall away badly in 2nd half of matches, they arent up to the fitness that Klopp's style needs. We should run them off the park. 2-0 to us. Pity Agent Carragher's retired, some lovely oggies for us.

I think Son will replace Lamela given that he has been rested from International duty.

Lamela would have been to Chile and Argentina.

I think Son will replace Lamela given that he has been rested from International duty.

Lamela would have been to Chile and Argentina.

Firmino has escaped international duty though and jetted out with the remainder of the dipper squad on an 18-30s in Tenerife. Concerned they have managed to squeeze in team building exercise whilst our boys are on international duty.

Expect to see DipperFCTV showing their antics whilst away.

The international break is a disruption.I hope the training is up to standard in the England camp and the owl faced tool does NOT play anyone of our players twice over the two fixtures.
I am looking at Eriksen and Wimmer who also have two fixtures. Belgium plays once on the 29th,so we will have chadli,dembele and alderweireld back the next day.
Lamela the only one who might not be ready given a 15 hour flight on the 30th..

I suppose its a similar dilemma for liverpool but they have quite a deep squad.

I'll be turning 21 on the 2nd of April, hopefully we win or there will be no celebrating what so ever.

Enjoy it, matey.

When I was turning 21 we were a gnats hair away from becoming bankrupt, and although unknown to me at the time, about to enter one of the shittiest decades in our history. Although we were about to win the cup.

:gazza:

Enjoying these days a bit more.

It's going to be a battle of the pressing teams. So long as we are on our game, I think we should be able to nick this one. They've got Dortmund on their mind on the following Thursday. A win puts us in a good position and puts pressure on Leicester to beat Southampton the following day.

They've got Dortmund on their mind on the following Thursday. .

This is going to be huge. Even though there is absolutely ZERO way Liverpool beat Dortmund, Klopp will most likely start his best XI against them. If he actually thinks that with the team he has he can break into a European spot domestically he's foolish.

I remember that 0-2 win. King and Sandro were exceptional. Van der vaart scored a screamer and as someone said Pienaar played a blinder, even won a penalty which Modric scored.

I think we can win. They'll be up for it though. Even more so after that saints loss.

I remember that 0-2 win. King and Sandro were exceptional. Van der vaart scored a screamer and as someone said Pienaar played a blinder, even won a penalty which Modric scored.

I think we can win. They'll be up for it though. Even more so after that saints loss.
That was the Europa poisoned chalice game. Whoever won it finished 5th iirc? They were just better at losing than we were.

Back
Top Bottom