Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would love for us to not get too over excited here. We done so when heading into the game at Old Trafford and we did so going into the game at the Etihad and we got a combined 1 point from those games. Liverpool RAISE their games against the top clubs.

Klopp's record against those in the top 6 in all competitions:
Played: 19
Won: 8
Drawn: 10
Lost: 1

Pochettino's record AWAY at the top 6 in all competitions:
Played: 15
Won: 1
Drawn: 6
Lost: 8

I think if we just play our game, we CAN get a win - but I'm not going to be overly confident going into the game. Liverpool will be up for this as it's going to be their BIGGEST game of the season, they lose and they could potentially find themselves down to 6th place and just 3 points ahead of their rivals in Everton.

Its a shame about injuries to two of our back four but beyond that, I think we have more than enough to trouble them. I think Pochettino will go with:

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Davies
Wanyama - Dembele
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane
Pretty much the same team that started at home to Middlesbrough - I don't see any feasible changes that could happen. I don't think it'd be the game for Sissoko, I doubt he's going to want to put Winks in away at Anfield when Dembele/Wanyama have formed a great partnership in the middle and would relish going up against Henderson/Can.

Should be a good one.

I'd hate us to abandon our footballing principles like that , if we ever revert to parking the bus I'll be ashamed.
May as well support Chelski.
The reason Spurs are the glory side is that when we get it right we fuse substance with style.

'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.'

I think if we lose this, maybe even draw and Chelsea win then the title is 100% gone. If we win its a massive statement and I'll still have a tiny bit of hope.

We need Rose back for this so we can revert to three at the back.

Otherwise, I think it'll be a dull 0-0 or a single goal will settle it either way. I really don't like us playing 4-2-3-1 ... we never really look like scoring when we do.

We need Rose back for this so we can revert to three at the back.

Otherwise, I think it'll be a dull 0-0 or a single goal will settle it either way. I really don't like us playing 4-2-3-1 ... we never really look like scoring when we do.
Liverpool have conceded 3 more goals than Boro this season which gives me hope. We just have to be clinical.

I'd hate us to abandon our footballing principles like that , if we ever revert to parking the bus I'll be ashamed.
Well when we fail to win on Saturday you better not complain. Sides have given a clear blueprint to beat Liverpool and sides that win trophies wouldn't give a toss about abandoning our way for an odd game to get a result.
We've had 8 wins at Anfield, clearly our principles don't work at Anfield over a very long time period.

Sometimes pragmatism is more sensible than being true to your long held beliefs.
Liverpool don't at present have as much trouble playing sides who go at them, they actually don't mind it.

So why play into their hands merely to stay true to ourselves. Madness.

I think if we lose this, maybe even draw and Chelsea win then the title is 100% gone. If we win its a massive statement and I'll still have a tiny bit of hope.

It'd be like when we defeated Man City away. Gives us that glimmer of hope and a real statement but still not in our hands at all.

Apparently, we haven't won a single game against them since November of 2012:

FRs2mlZ.png

Sad as fuck stat.
Time to smash them for all those years.

Well when we fail to win on Saturday you better not complain. Sides have given a clear blueprint to beat Liverpool and sides that win trophies wouldn't give a toss about abandoning our way for an odd game to get a result.
We've had 8 wins at Anfield, clearly our principles don't work at Anfield over a very long time period.

Sometimes pragmatism is more sensible than being true to your long held beliefs.
Liverpool don't at present have as much trouble playing sides who go at them, they actually don't mind it.

So why play into their hands merely to stay true to ourselves. Madness.

parking the bus doesn't work very often , we saw the evidence of that yesterday when Boro were one down and had no idea how to attack , parking the bus would be playing into Liverpool's hands , they haven't failed recently because teams park the bus they've failed because they haven't been good enough.

Back
Top Bottom