Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now I'm good
iu

Havent read the whole debate here Gobby, but you're not suggesting the ref cost us points are you ?

The moment we went ahead, we looked clueless, couldn't string 2 passes together. The pundits can get fooked as can the ref, but the score flattered us.

Gazza saved us from a thrashing.

Its one thing to defend a 1 nil lead at Anfield, but to complete only 290 passes, and again allow the opp to land 13 shots on goal, was hard to watch.

This one is on Poch.

Well, to be fair to Poch, sitting deep and looking for the counter is arguably the best tactic to beat Liverpool. We did this against City and came away with a point.

Gazza saved us from a thrashing? Well, this is a hard call to make. I am sure; had one of those shots gone in, we would have adjusted our formation and tactics to suit. Whilst it remained 1-0 we were happy for them to have the ball so that we could be organised in defence.

Once Liverpool took the lead we saw a drastic change in both teams. It was now Liverpool that were happy to drop deeper and we went on the attack.

We were unlucky that Son didn't make it 2-0. Had he done that and we had gone on to win Poch would be hailed a tactical genius.

Instead we got Danny Rose caught in no mans land; allowing Henderson a free shot and Aurier caught out by a very clever trick from Mane to insert his foot in the way of Aurier's already swinging foot.

Borodin55 Borodin55 I'm surprised at your co-signing of this. Remember, I didn't start this but I sure as fuck don't back down from it. If they're gonna give then they should be ready to receive.

Joe Clash Joe Clash where's your answer buddy? tell me more about those horrible people and where such shitty folks would come from. C'mon Joe. Were they Germans? Were they Slavs? Were they French? Was it the Turks? Tell me Joe. Tell me what type of place would produce such shitty people to do such shitty things.
Ooops ... apologies..count me out...I don't want to get dragged into this and really didn't intend commenting. I hate looking at this forum using my mobile and fat fingers. I've already accidentally given two other responses tonight.
I'm sure yourself and Joe are perfectly capable of exchanging viewpoints without my endorsement of either. I shall take a ringside seat.

No, you jumped into a conversation that didn't concern you. So, in essence, you did start it. And you are still avoiding answering my question, Flouncey.
Righto, these are special conversations? Where no one else can comment? There’s a DM option for that. If it’s out in the open, it’s fair game. And it’s spelled ‘flouncy’. You neither know what it means nor how to spell it. You’re behaving like a child now so I’ll fuck off. Don’t worry, your spiritual leader will be along tomorrow, a 70 year old man with his silly pictures - you know - if he uses the word ‘dog’ in a post he’ll accompany it with a picture of a dog. How can you admire that? I find the mental image of him scrolling through the available emojis before he decides to post hilarious. Maybe he’s changed - maybe he now writes witty, humorous and incisive posts, but I doubt it. You’re cleverer than Baz Todd, but not by much.

Ooops ... apologies..count me out...I don't want to get dragged into this and really didn't intend commenting. I hate looking at this forum using my mobile and fat fingers. I've already accidentally given two other responses tonight.
I'm sure yourself and Joe are perfectly capable of exchanging viewpoints without my endorsement of either. I shall take a ringside seat.
So do you think I abuse others 24/7? Do you think that? Is that a fair accusation?

Last edited:

'Club Soul-Glow' or the cheap seats, sir?

Righto, these are special conversations? Where no one else can comment? There’s a DM option for that. If it’s out in the open, it’s fair game. And it’s spelled ‘flouncy’. You neither know what it means nor how to spell it. You’re behaving like a child now so I’ll fuck off. Don’t worry, your spiritual leader will be along tomorrow, a 70 year old man with his silly pictures - you know - if he uses the word ‘dog’ in a post he’ll accompany it with a picture of a dog. How can you admire that? I find the mental image of him scrolling through the available emojis before he decides to post hilarious. Maybe he’s changed - maybe he now writes witty, humorous and incisive posts, but I doubt it. You’re cleverer than Baz Todd, but not by much.
Answer the question Joe. In addition to being unhinged you are showing yourself to be quite the coward Joe. C'mon Flouncy (if that's your preferred neo-nominative spelling). So many words but missing the 1 word that answers my question and all of your subsequent questions. Do it Joe. Just do it.

So do you think I abuse others 24/7? Do you think that this is a fair accusation?
It's not for me to be your judge Joe. I was simply apologising for pressing an icon on my miniscule mobile phone screen with my fat fingers. I am condemning neither of you for your views on an extremely delicate subject.
Personally speaking I know you are capable of forcefully expressing your thoughts on a subject but you also post humorous and insightful ones too.

Ok, fair enough, nonetheless, do you think I abuse others on here 24/7? I’m not asking you to judge me, just what you think. This is important to me, so I’d appreciate an honest answer.
I said before that you are capable of 'forcefully' expressing your views but I wouldn't use the term 'abuse'. I just hate it when I see people simply resort to swear words and personal attacks because then their argument is lost. Please note I am NOT saying you do that either....just expressing my viewpoint.
So in direct answer to your question ..
No Joe, in my opinion you do not abuse people on here 24/7.

I said before that you are capable of 'forcefully' expressing your views but I wouldn't use the term 'abuse'. I just hate it when I see people simply resort to swear words and personal attacks because then their argument is lost. Please note I am NOT saying you do that either....just expressing my viewpoint.
iu

***********ALERT TO ANYONE WANTING TO AVOID UNPLEASANTNESS. THERE IS A C-OFF (YOU'RE WELCOME MRS P) THAT BEGINS RIGHT ABOUT NOW AND LASTS TO THE END OF PAGE 124 - JOE CLASH WAS ON THE PROWL. FEEL FREE TO AVOID.***************

Don't you have a stupor into which to drink yourself tonight? Why don't you get on with it and stop spewing your drivel. You wouldn't know a bunsen burner from a stovetop burner. And hard work or not you'd be watching the Bundesliga if it wasn't for us. Gute nacht, mein freund.

edit:

Isn't it embarrassing to you that you are so bad in your sport? Literally no country in the world wants to pattern their game on your brand of football. The PL is what it is because of foreign players. That must irk you a bit brexit boy.

It would be embarrassing if other countries were better at our sports than us. Truly embarrassing! We lost in basketball and then sent the DreamTeam to hammer folks. I disagreed with the decision to send pros as I liked it a bit more competitive.
Well done, nice try old bean.
You must be so proud as a nation to make such a big thing of playing a sport designed for ladies (rounders) and then turning it into a 10 hour yawn fest that is shown between adverts on TV. Plus taking the sport of rugby and then buggering it up like you do with our language and turned into a hideous caricature of "Its a Knockout" pretty much encapsulates the American mindset. Another sport that has to stop for adverts mid game. Or is it just television that stops for inflatable peanut chucking in armour, matches?
Britain invents and donates cultured sports to the world and is proud to be part of a global experience. America invents bastardised versions of established sports and makes a horses arse of them so that no-one but Americans want to play them. Y'all must be so proud!
How come you dont support an American saccer team by the way?
Oh, its shite, isnt it?

Toodles ( well done for having a go by the way, spirited effort, and almost all of it spelled correctly!)

Thanks ‘55 I know I don’t, but it’s nice to hear it from somebody else.

And we gave the fucking world Democracy and self-rule while you still have monarchies and noble blood, ceremonial or not. Tell me how that measures up against your fucking sports.

Nothing wrong with a fight not being your fight. That's not cowardly that's just not your fight. We are isolated from the ancient European hatreds - you know, a whole ocean. Appeasement was cowardly.

And humanity in Eastern Europe back then? Come off it. Is it even there yet? You're just hater of liberty and you despise our freedoms.

*ding ding ding and the winner, in the blue corner, USA-USA-USA

ps - I am not a jingoistic 'Murican but I do hate the gratuitous anti-American jibes...unless they're good natured and the individual can handle getting the needle back. But they are usually not because there is so much resentment on your desolate, sub-arctic, floating rock that your ancestors weren't smart enough to come to the land of plenty when the getting was good (or was it because of the French input into our self-determination). I guess that is what all the hoopla was about with the Titanic. So many people so close to freedom. You should be angry with your forebears not us. We kept you from goosestepping. A little gratitude would be appreciated.

pps - don't bring a knife to a gunfight. I know knife violence is big over there but you know us and our guns. Not something of which to be proud but just facts...like this argument.
Oh dear, not going so well now.

It would be embarrassing if other countries were better at our sports than us.
Nobody else plays your sports - and my word, what an American Nazi you’ve proved to be. If you don’t like it what the fuck are you doing on an English based football forum? You’re confused Todd - mightily confused. Couldn’t get the red hot Spurs chat at home eh? So you decided to treat us poor footballing hayseeds to your lofty opinions? Well I for one am grateful to you. You’ve proved one thing tonight - that’s for certain.

...Also, why do English lads sing in 'American'? Check your shhhhhhhhhhhhedule and get back to me. I know you had a problem with our math so I just want to be clear on these items.
When singing along to pop songs, I use the 'London' accent (à la Billy Bragg), as it sounds infinitely superior to that wanky whine we refer to as, 'american', Beach Boy.

Back
Top Bottom