Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When singing along to pop songs, I use the 'London' accent (à la Billy Bragg), as it sounds infinitely superior to that wanky whine we refer to as, 'american', Beach Boy.
Really pop is sung in a fusion transatlantic tone. Total American sounding would be Hip hop , Country
Soul etc.
Total Brit accent sounds would be the Pistols , Bowie , Squeeze, Chas and Dave and the remarkable lan Dury.
The Beatles would have been a fusion especially from around Rubber Soul onwards.
And Neil Young is a good old Ontario boy.

Really pop is sung in a fusion transatlantic tone. Total American sounding would be Hip hop , Country
Soul etc.
Total Brit accent sounds would be the Pistols , Bowie , Squeeze, Chas and Dave and the remarkable lan Dury.
The Beatles would have been a fusion especially from around Rubber Soul onwards.
And Neil Young is a good old Ontario boy.
Those are London accents you quote, not what we'd call British. Check out the likes of Biffy Clyro (Scottish), Stereophonics (Welsh) and Arctic Monkeys (Northern English, Yorkshire) for some accents that sound totally different.

Has this gone back to the thread's subject yet?
I'm out Mrs P. I was taught not to start things but I damn well better finish them. All that's left is background noise from the peanut gallery. But I won't be drawn...in my new position I apparently have higher standards to uphold. Hope you day is going well.

Those are London accents you quote, not what we'd call British. Check out the likes of Biffy Clyro (Scottish), Stereophonics (Welsh) and Arctic Monkeys (Northern English, Yorkshire) for some accents that sound totally different.
Not forgetting The Proclaimers and Andy Stewart (worth listening from 1min 50 sec if you like the yankee accent) ...

Apologies, Mrs P - off topic, but ah couldnae stop mahsel'.

***********ALERT TO ANYONE WANTING TO AVOID UNPLEASANTNESS. THERE IS A C-OFF (YOU'RE WELCOME MRS P) THAT BEGINS RIGHT ABOUT NOW AND LASTS TO THE END OF PAGE 124 - JOE CLASH WAS ON THE PROWL. FEEL FREE TO AVOID.***************

Don't you have a stupor into which to drink yourself tonight? Why don't you get on with it and stop spewing your drivel. You wouldn't know a bunsen burner from a stovetop burner. And hard work or not you'd be watching the Bundesliga if it wasn't for us. Gute nacht, mein freund.

edit:

Isn't it embarrassing to you that you are so bad in your sport? Literally no country in the world wants to pattern their game on your brand of football. The PL is what it is because of foreign players. That must irk you a bit brexit boy.

It would be embarrassing if other countries were better at our sports than us. Truly embarrassing! We lost in basketball and then sent the DreamTeam to hammer folks. I disagreed with the decision to send pros as I liked it a bit more competitive.

Thanks for the warning for those who don’t like C offs which is a good idea

I’m not getting involved in this one but have to note that Joe Clash has a go at ArcespacE involving me in a thread earlier but is ok with involving Sammyspurs in his post

Hypocrisy at it’s worst

I'm out Mrs P. I was taught not to start things but I damn well better finish them. All that's left is background noise from the peanut gallery. But I won't be drawn...in my new position I apparently have higher standards to uphold. Hope you day is going well.
Do you think you won something?

Good heavens - you haven't taken things as seriously as the US normally do in a firefight, ie killed loads of your allies and got beaten by a load of midgets hiding in the jungle

If you want to hear someone sing in an unmistakable Belfast accent,look up Runnin Riot and their singer ,my dear friend Colin,now sadly departed.
There was no confusion as to where he came from :)

Fuck off with the folk music shit, this thread is for xenophobic cunting and peddling our personal footballing scapegoat peccadilloes.

And for the record, Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , it was us jocks that invented proper football. Before that you English buffoons were just playing pin the tail on the donkey with a ball.

I heard on a pod today that Mane pretty much admitted he just chucked his legs in front of Aurier’s kicking foot.

Aurier is a twit, and normally you can be sure his rashness would be a factor, and I’m not a ref conspiracy theorist either, but at the time I thought that was a foul on Aurier and still do. Mane isn’t trying to play the ball and doesn’t. He’s just trying to prevent Aurier playing the ball bu impeding him.

Not that we necessarily deserved anything out of game.

Back
Top Bottom