Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bugger just realized it would 4 pts behind scum with a draw, as they will put away leeds with ease. there goes that - we need that win then. prayers!

There’s no shame in losing at Anfield tbh. This team is on the verge of a quadruple for a reason. Anfield is a fortress. I’m not sure what their record is but I thought I saw VVD hasn’t lost a single game at Anfield since he joined which is insane. Best we can hope for is a draw but I can’t see even that. They’re in machine mode right now

We have to match Woolwich's result.
Let's not forget Liverpool have a massive game this week and will be very leggy.
They are not unbeatable.
They will not sit back and stop us playing so we can hurt them.

Not saying we will beat them but............

They won't be leggy.

If we are within 2 goals of them I will be staggered.

The wrong game for hope.

I should really watch this with my dad. (Not seen him properly for more than a month now)

However Liverpool v spurs on a Saturday night history……….

The last time we watched this together we gave away a penalty in the 1st minute. And that was that.

Time to make some alternative plans for Saturday night and let down my dad gently.

Thank me later.

Is there a meaningful difference for us between a draw or a loss?
A draw leaves us 4pts behind Woolwich , if they beat leeds.
We'd still just need them to draw one game,,whether we draw or lose at anfield makes no difference if we win the rest.

I should really watch this with my dad. (Not seen him properly for more than a month now)

However Liverpool v spurs on a Saturday night history……….

The last time we watched this together we gave away a penalty in the 1st minute. And that was that.

Time to make some alternative plans for Saturday night and let down my dad gently.

Thank me later.
Spend time with your Dad mate.

A draw would be pretty ok for us as it will leave us 3 points behind the scum going onto the NLD, which ofcourse we must win else its all moot anyway. The problem is you cant play for a draw there like everton, sooner or later they break you down and then you just cant flick a switch and start attacking. we have to go hell for leather and hope to score a couple, accepting that they will reply on the other end. thats whats worked the last few times we have drawn them .
Even if we play for a draw, we have a front 3 capable of raping anyone….even on the break

I’m sure you said the same when we went to Man City earlier in the season.
You can’t moan at the players for being bottle jobs when the fans don’t give them a hope before a ball is kicked.
He’s never been to a game, who cares if Bob has no Hope.

I’m sure you said the same when we went to Man City earlier in the season.
You can’t moan at the players for being bottle jobs when the fans don’t give them a hope before a ball is kicked.

Correct, I would have done, except our record against City makes beating them possible.

Last time we won at Anfield?

I live in the real world. We ain't good enough to beat Liverpool and Liverpool are too good to lose to us.

Correct, I would have done, except our record against City makes beating them possible.

Last time we won at Anfield?

I live in the real world. We ain't good enough to beat Liverpool and Liverpool are too good to lose to us.
Yes the are a phenomenal side but they have a massive game on Thursday and the FA cup final the following week after our game.
The pressure is huge and they were poor against Newcastle yesterday.
I stated that I’m not saying we will win but it’s not a bad time to have a go.

Hate playing this lot at the best of times let alone with a lot riding on it.

Admittedly Liverpool need to win just as much as us. At least we have the benefit of a full week training whereas Liverpool have a got a game.

Gonna be tense 😬

Back
Top Bottom