Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our style is perfectly suited to play against Liverpool, Trent always leaves space in behind and Son and Kane can take advantage, we just need to stand firm and the chances will come but that's not an easy thing to do against Liverpool at Anfield.

That's the spirit.. And the fans wonder why the players bottle it.
Our multi-millionaire players went 180 minutes without a shot on target while allegedly fighting for their CL lives against poor squads with nothing to play for. I highly doubt that was due to some fans on a message board questioning their desire.
It was because they didn't have a single fuck to give...

We've not got a great record at Anfield, have we? Here are the numbers in the PL era: W1D8L18. Even under Poch we couldn't beat them there. And this Liverpool team are better than anything Poch faced.

But I think we can lose this game and still make top 4.

Woolwich are about to start playing highly motivated teams again. Not a second string Chelsea with nothing to play for, a Utd that had checked out and a distracted West Ham.

Let's see how they fare now the pressure is back on, and people start saying it's theirs to lose again.

Obviously a Liverpool win is the most likely result on Saturday, but we're fairly well equipped to get a result from this game if a few things go right for us.

Have mild confidence in the result of this one. And by that I mean a draw. However, all of Anfield will be seething and the referee will be under huge pressure. I’m most worried about dodgy decisions.
A win would be dreamland but being realistic, a draw would be an excellent result. You absolutely know we will turn up and play (unlike some of our games this season against far lesser oppo) but will be watching behind a cushion in Tenerife because the ref will be under the cosh to give them every 50/50 decision.
Our race for 4th is insignificant while there is a title race still up in the air.

Last edited:
emerson vs mane or salah

yeah this is a write off
Bredrin why are you so always depressing!

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

in the 80s I remember every time we went there the papers we full of ‘The Titanic hadn’t sunk when we last won there’. Fucking hated it.
but eventually we won there, and against an all conquering Dipper team.

well I reckon we are owed one.

1-2 to us.
ps to those going, wear wellies. Tears from the dippers gonna fuck up your shoes if you don’t.
:tobyarm:
Garth Crooks if I recall correctly. Can lightning strike twice?

Our recent performances at Anfield have actually been good, we have been unlucky not to win there a few times. We will get chances as Liverpool will play their normal game and leave space for us to attack.

I just can't see us having the perfect defensive performance we would need if we're going to take a result home. We always make a mistake against them.

Our style is perfectly suited to play against Liverpool, Trent always leaves space in behind and Son and Kane can take advantage, we just need to stand firm and the chances will come but that's not an easy thing to do against Liverpool at Anfield.
Our attack vs their defence is a good matchup, but Salah, Mane, Jota are going to rip Emerson and Davies a new asshole each.

I still can't believe the below

We really love to throw away a good performance with missed chances or conceding poor goals. Seen it so so many times.

Back
Top Bottom