Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand BT here. Spurs have just become the first team to even take a point at Anfield for how long ? Guaranteed ourselves 5th and finished above Man Pooh and Spammers despite being an absolute state in November. And may we not forget we didn’t lose @ Anfield or at Shity. Jesus. Media narratives….

We shouldn’t be down at all tonight.

As for Woolwich. Let us never forget they cheated to get games called off earlier in the season to such an extent that the FA changed the rules afterwards.

If we'd held on for that point vs Brighton we'd be in a great position now .. as great as tonight was we're still now left putting our faith in mostly no hopers.

Ah well, promising signs from the team, EL looking pretty nailed on.
It's that fucking Southampton game that still hurts.

Sad Sydney Sweeney GIF by Amazon Prime Video

If we'd held on for that point vs Brighton we'd be in a great position now .. as great as tonight was we're still now left putting our faith in mostly no hopers.

Ah well, promising signs from the team, EL looking pretty nailed on.
Newcastle and Leeds can get something, the real no-hopers were United, Chavs and Spam.

Really good performance from everyone bar maybe bentancur, he struggled in there

A point is great as i think they are the best team in Europe honestly, and it keeps us alive in the race for 4th

Emerson and Sessegnon were great, but Davies was motm for me

Fucking Anderson Silva would have been proud of that.

They should have Vared it to Red

This is not the first time at all

Fucking ridiculous

But hey this is with the league kneel down

Can you imagine what would ve been if there were no kneeldown? Son would have been crippled. Forget getting edited out on MOTD lol

I'm looking at the present. We have all the chances in the world to win that match. Yet we blew it off, as we usually does, when we need to do something big.
We have an opportunity and we blew it. If we was to win, all the previous failure wouldn't matter, and everything would be in our hands.
I guess this is hard to understand?
No, I understand very well, but I'm not sure you do.
Losing to a team we should beat - Burnley,Brighton ect
Gaining points to teams we really should lose against- Man City, Liverpool.
We are the ONLY team to have not lost to ether team this year, that is worth celebrating.

Newcastle and Leeds can get something, the real no-hopers were United, Chavs and Spam.

Meh .. just don't see it from Leeds. They can't defend. Newcastle maybe but it'll be an Woolwich side who have CL to play for vs a Newcastle side who are on the beach. That's definitely the big one though and our best shot at them slipping up.

We obviously also have to do the job against them, which is not going to be straightforward at all.

Really good performance from everyone bar maybe bentancur, he struggled in there

A point is great as i think they are the best team in Europe honestly, and it keeps us alive in the race for 4th

Emerson and Sessegnon were great, but Davies was motm for me
Emerson for me, don't know if it's because he played above expectations but I was impressed

bentancur
I've started to notice he's been hopeless against most high pressing teams. He's just lacking that bit of blood and guts that even PEH brings to the game.

For this game Skipp/PEH would have been a lot better.

If you think about it Liverpool's goal came from a lucky deflection, we absolutely worked our defensive socks off. It was a stupidly tough game against a team who haven't lost at home this season. The effort and work by the lads was stupendous and Royal, he was defensively brilliant, he might not be able to cross but the shift he put in at the back was outstanding.

In the context of top 4 it's disappointing but that should take nothing away from tonight's performance.

Back
Top Bottom