Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did my eyes deceive me or did Emerson Royal have an excellent performance?
Excellent by his poor standards.

Maybe that's harsh. He was great defensively but my God his inability to simply square the ball along the ground for a tap in is ridiculous. He just balloons everything over everyone's head to the back post.

I can't help but imagine how many more goals we'd have with a proper RWB.

Winning 3 points against City is the same as winning 3 points against Leicester, same difference if you lose against City and lose against a shit Man U, 0 pts is 0 pts. 1 point is 1 point. The feeling might be very different.

And drop the personal insults aye.
Not an insult. Just an observation. I do apologise. I'm not talking about the points we earn at the end of the game. It's about going into a game against city and Liverpool that you are expected to lose makes a difference. It's not just any game. It also makes a difference when a particular game comes up. Eg You go into a winnable game early or middle of the season or one in the run in, the mentality is different. once you get into the run in and you know what you have to do..its in your hands. Totally different

What a cunt. He was like that to West Brom a couple years ago. Oh it doesn't do them any good to get a draw, they're basically relegated anyway.

He's one of those people who's clearly gone his whole life without being punched in the mouth.

Honestly, I couldn't decipher what point you were trying to make, have a look at it, rewrite and I will look, hopefully understand and either agree or disagree with you.
What exactly is hard to get ?

If Woolwich team have your thinking, they would have waving the white flag long time ago.
They lost their easy matches against Palace, Brighton and Southampton. 3 in a row.
But then they beat Chelsea, United and West Ham, matches not much people expecting them to even get points off. Yet they won them all 3, and that's how they get in front of US.

Do you need any more example like this ???
If they were following your point and advice to just give up, after losing to Palace, Brighton and Southampton, their chance for CL football would be long gone.

What a cunt. He was like that to West Brom a couple years ago. Oh it doesn't do them any good to get a draw, they're basically relegated anyway.

He's one of those people who's clearly gone his whole life without being punched in the mouth.

Remember when we played them in December and drew with them and he starting moaning about hand sanitiser and having to move a chair himself in the press conference 😂

What exactly is hard to get ?

If Woolwich team have your thinking, they would have waving the white flag long time ago.
They lost their easy matches against Palace, Brighton and Southampton. 3 in a row.
But then they beat Chelsea, United and West Ham, matches not much people expecting them to even get points off. Yet they won them all 3, and that's how they get in front of US.

Do you need any more example like this ???
If they were following your point and advice to just give up, after losing to Palace, Brighton and Southampton, their chance for CL football would be long gone.
You enjoying yourself this evening fella ?

Having a nice time

Great performance and not what any of us thought was going to happen in reality.

Like others have said, this draw has not potentially scuppered the top 4, it is all those silly games we threw away against lower teams..

What ever happens with Woolwich, if Citeh go ahead and win their games depriving the dippers of winning what it is they REALLY want. Just think, we won't have to see Klopps stupid face crowing about it. The thought of it makes me feel sick... If we have, somehow, today stopped that, then at least we can take solace in that.

Proud of the team today...

COYS

Not an insult. Just an observation. I do apologise. I'm not talking about the points we earn at the end of the game. It's about going into a game against city and Liverpool that you are expected to lose makes a difference. It's not just any game. It also makes a difference when a particular game comes up. Eg You go into a winnable game early or middle of the season or one in the run in, the mentality is different. once you get into the run in and you know what you have to do..its in your hands. Totally different
But you are describing the "feeling" and dare I say the feeling of the fan.

The only time a club can point to one game as "the reason why xxxx" is if their only point(s) dropped were in one game. Liverpool and City are getting close to this as both over the last few seasons have dropped so few points. But them dropping two points to us today is the same as them dropping 2 points against us earlier in the season, both of these games have contributed the same to their quest for winning the league. Just as us drawing to WBA (0-0) had exactly the same effect to us dropping 2pts against Chavs in the battle of the bridge, but everyone refers to that game, not WBA (or others).

Back
Top Bottom