Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of pundits saying Liverpool were below par, but I didn't see that. Although it didn't quite 'click' for them in the final third, their pressing was even more aggressive than I've seen in most other games this season, it's like they were all on coke throughout the first half. That was probably the best half of pressing I've seen from any team in any competition this season. For us to keep our composure, throw our bodies in the way where necessary, not concede a penalty, and of course most crucially not concede a goal in that half was exceptional for me.
Im not sure if you were made aware of this but we had a week to prepare

I heard it mentioned

I'm not mad at him trying to square it. I actually think it was the right thing to do. The execution was just all wrong.

You have to remember who the player is in that situation. Hojbjerg lacks confidence at the best of times, even more so in forward areas. I am betting that going for goal in that situation didn't even cross his mind. Secondly even if he did go for goal, he's back pedalling and I don't think he could have generated enough power in the header to score.

The square option was right for me, it just wasn't executed correctly.
Whether an attempt at goal or pass if he executes it well we score and he gets credit. As you say his execution was all wrong and he is rightly criticised for that in my view. I personally think we will upgrade him in the summer, he will become a squad player.

A lot of pundits saying Liverpool were below par, but I didn't see that. Although it didn't quite 'click' for them in the final third, their pressing was even more aggressive than I've seen in most other games this season, it's like they were all on coke throughout the first half. That was probably the best half of pressing I've seen from any team in any competition this season. For us to keep our composure, throw our bodies in the way where necessary, not concede a penalty, and of course most crucially not concede a goal in that half was exceptional for me.

I thought their wing-backs were both average yesterday, considering what they can both do. They make a huge difference for them. Robertson was even subbed off which doesn't happen often.

From the manager, to the players and especially the fans, playing against them is always an unpleasant experience.

Not because the game is hard to win, but because they're such horrible people.
Klopp like Guardiola is the classic manager who if he beats you 5-0 compliments you and plays nice. If, on the other hand, like yesterday, he risks losing against Tottenham then believing he is superior he speaks in an "acid" way. I hope that he and Salah are brought back to earth by Ancelotti. I hate fake do-gooders

Klopp like Guardiola is the classic manager who if he beats you 5-0 compliments you and plays nice. If, on the other hand, like yesterday, he risks losing against Tottenham then believing he is superior he speaks in an "acid" way. I hope that he and Salah are brought back to earth by Ancelotti. I hate fake do-gooders

Agree on all fronts.

Only got to watch highlights because my son played yesterday at the same time. Seemed Sess played pretty well. Was that just the highlight package fooling me?

Agree on all fronts.
Then when they start talking about ball possession I have to laugh. What does having 65% of possession have to do with it? The shots on goal were the same 3-3.

I add: in the first leg 2-2 with Conte sitting on the bench recently. Making irony about fifth place is just frustration because he knows that the championship win was probably at stake.

Klopp’s title-chasers made to suffer at the hands of Kane-Son express
Tottenham’s twin spearheads underline their star quality to hand Manchester City the advantage over rivals Liverpool
3628.jpg

Son Heung-min celebrates with Harry Kane after scoring the opening goal against Liverpool.

Naive and cheap comment by klopp. Spiteful as well. Played them and city twice and unbeaten. Conte has made the best with what he has had at tottenham. Once he rebuilds team we push on.

He’ll be more spiteful next season if we are real threat, don’t worry about that. Players don’t forget and conte doesn’t seem the type either to let what klopp said last night go either.

Spurs have the refs/FA/Mike Riley against them every match because they MUST get Woolwich 4th (or even 3rd).

It's a pity Conte or any of his staff don't complain about the standards of reffing Spurs get and eventually someone else will be injured that will wake the Spurs staff up!

I'm not mad at him trying to square it. I actually think it was the right thing to do. The execution was just all wrong.

You have to remember who the player is in that situation. Hojbjerg lacks confidence at the best of times, even more so in forward areas. I am betting that going for goal in that situation didn't even cross his mind. Secondly even if he did go for goal, he's back pedalling and I don't think he could have generated enough power in the header to score.

The square option was right for me, it just wasn't executed correctly.
And to be fair to him, he's the only one onside there.

Back
Top Bottom