Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the way Kane tackle was on the news for weeks but the Fabinho elbow smash in the face has all but been covered up. Is the media in this country just LFC TV.

Love the way Kane tackle was on the news for weeks but the Fabinho elbow smash in the face has all but been covered up. Is the media in this country just LFC TV.

It's more about who it was against, than who it was by......

#Victims

.....I've seen Mane do the same thing TWICE this season without further mention too.

Ditto Antonio on Reggie.

I get your point but when Liverpool played us the first time, they weren't in the final 4-5 games close to a quadruple. Yes both draws affected the season the same, but did that drive them on to improve or did it motivate city. Yes if and buts but the current situation around the game has an impact. Liverpool now have less games to recover that ground lost. Same with spurs after those two games without a shot at goal. It most probably boosted Woolwich and changed their motivated. timing is everything. If we swap two wins earlier in the season with the loss and draw against Brighton and Brentford. We'd be exactly in the same place as you say, but would Woolwich have won their games with the pressure of being 6 points behind when playing Chelsea? Or 3 behind when playing west ham?
But there was (still is) pressure on them when they played Chavs and Man U (just as there is on us). They were shit against a heavily rotated Chav team, played a ludicrous basketball game with zero control, if they play like that against us they will get smashed by us, this wasn’t a confident display (I think the same too if their Man U game).

I take your point and not dismissing it out of hand but do feel most of the narrative around pressure is felt by fans more than by the team playing the game.

Lose a “big” game and that team gets called bottlers. If City go on to win the title this year then people will point to them bottling the title against us. I’d say that would be bullshit.

These cunts need to stay in their lane. Complain about ticket issues or the price of wine/sausage rolls (hugely relevant for Kat I suspect) but don’t speak for all supporters on matters like this
They also need to understand there's a difference between hard working people struggling to pay bills and a region known for avoiding hard work.

TBH, signing a song about kicking a toys fucking head in doesn't sit right with me.
Especially with how many kids are in stadiums these days.

Have you seen the games kids play these days?

Pretty sure you blow people up in Fortnite. Even Minecraft is pretty violent.

My son has probably killed 100’000s of people by now.

Have you seen the games kids play these days?

Pretty sure you blow people up in Fortnite. Even Minecraft is pretty violent.

My son has probably killed 100’000s of people by now.
I've watched groups of boys (friends kids) playing Fortnite. At no point have I heard them shout "kick his fucking head in" at the TV.

Back
Top Bottom