Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Don't repeat that phrase". Two days after Tottenham which threatens to cost the Premier to Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp returned to the attack on Antonio Conte, Spurs coach: "As a coach, it's true, I am strongly committed to the game, from the moment. Immediately after the match I have said that with their way of playing they are only fifth in the standings - said the Liverpool manager -. It seemed like a right thing at the moment, but instead it was a mistake. I was what I felt at that time. I could not respect more Antonio, for what he does and how he organizes his teams ".
Totally misread that.

He's actually apologising.

Good boy, Klopp.

Now don't do it again.

Klopp is a class act. Anyone can get frustrated and make a mistake but he is a great manager.

All I know is that Even WE get frustrated of how we play sometimes.

He's apologied because he realises he's made a complete twat of himself, don't fall for it - he'll do it again when he's emotional like he was on Saturday evening.

But there was (still is) pressure on them when they played Chavs and Man U (just as there is on us). They were shit against a heavily rotated Chav team, played a ludicrous basketball game with zero control, if they play like that against us they will get smashed by us, this wasn’t a confident display (I think the same too if their Man U game).

I take your point and not dismissing it out of hand but do feel most of the narrative around pressure is felt by fans more than by the team playing the game.

Lose a “big” game and that team gets called bottlers. If City go on to win the title this year then people will point to them bottling the title against us. I’d say that would be bullshit.
It is a fans feeling yes but I'm sure the players read the media and they know the impact of every result. We could have won yesterday but can't fault the performance. Wrong player going for that header in the end. I still think that Brighton and Brentford will prove pivotal only because we were in 4th and we needed to hold onto it. This was the season run in, last 7-8 games where players and fans start looking at games they can win lose draw... Compared to a draw several months earlier, the players would not have been thinking the same way.....city don't win the title then it will be the games they don't win now that will be remembered. Yes dropping points is the same but the impact of it is deadlier the later it gets. Possibly you are right and the players aren't feeling anymore pressure then a game at the start of the season but can't imagine that's the case.. Maybe it was complacency and the desire will now be that much more because we are chasing it

Klopp is a class act. Anyone can get frustrated and make a mistake but he is a great manager.

klopp.gif

Did the right thing with the apology, but he can still do one.

Shouldn't have been a bitter little cry-baby bitch in the first place.

He's apologied because he realises he's made a complete twat of himself, don't fall for it - he'll do it again when he's emotional like he was on Saturday evening.

It's not an apology; he's simply trying to excuse himself.

No "sorry".... No "I apologise".....

"Don't repeat that phrase". Two days after Tottenham which threatens to cost the Premier to Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp returned to the attack on Antonio Conte, Spurs coach: "As a coach, it's true, I am strongly committed to the game, from the moment. Immediately after the match I have said that with their way of playing they are only fifth in the standings - said the Liverpool manager -. It seemed like a right thing at the moment, but instead it was a mistake. I was what I felt at that time. I could not respect more Antonio, for what he does and how he organizes his teams ".
I find it so funny that Liverpool fans say ‘look at this from Klopp, such class you don’t get that with other managers Etc’

Yeah cause other managers aren’t complete cunts in terms first place and don’t need to apologise

Who tf are these drippy-nosed nappy-wearers?

They can fuck right off.

Who tf do they think they are?? "We were dissapointed..."

Oh no! Sorry DAD!!

Damned PR liability - raising unsolicited bullshit issues NO ONE cares about.

Self-absorbed ego-feeders, lapping up the likes and retweets, no doubt.

Just imagine the glow of virtue they're bathing in (*splosh splosh*).

After throwing their club under the bus!

Disgusting.

If there are any members of that idiot board on here, you can absolutely go fuck yourselves.

Clueless cunts.
Well done sir.
Couldn't have putting better myself

Totally misread that.

He's actually apologising.

Good boy, Klopp.

Now don't do it again.
No I think fogueres fogueres is right and you have missed it thinktank. He can correct if I'm wrong but I think he's pointing out that Klopp goes on to repeat the same slur in your so called apology. Its kind of shitty and dirty political slight of hand. Its a bit like the Lyndon B Johnson anecdote where he says I know its not true (talking about a rivals sexual preferences) but make the son of a bitch deny it. He says. "I shouldn't have said he has had sex with his dog, I was emotional and shouldn't have said he has sex with his dog." 😑

That's NOT and Apology.

Last edited:
No I think fogueres fogueres is right and you have missed it thinktank. He can correct if I'm wrong but I think he's pointing out that Klopp goes on to repeat the same slur in your so called apology. Its kind of shitty and dirty political slight of hand. Its a bit like the Lyndon B Johnson anecdote where he says I know its not true (talking about a rivals sexual preferences) but make the son of a bitch deny it. He says. "I shouldn't have said he has had sex with his dog, I was emotional and shouldn't have said he has sex with his dog." 😑

That's NOT and Apology.
Above all we are talking about a match in which you have made the same number of shots on goal. Similarly to December. It is clear that his type of football suffers from Conte's style. Then if someone wants the show then I recommend a movie subscription to see the AVENGERS.

😂😂

Back
Top Bottom