Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just imagine if we'd have won.

He'd have gone round to Conte's house.

Throwing stones up at his window in the early hours.

"Come down here, Antonio!!!" *gurn*

Just imagine if we'd have won.

He'd have gone round to Conte's house.

Throwing stones up at his window in the early hours.

"Come down here, Antonio!!!" *gurn*

Meanwhile on Tony's balcony:

0f2b0650bafce3fc6c3049d3d22c3e38_w200.gif

Interesting how Conte effectively calls himself out for his reaction to bad results from his team.
But to be fair, he's never said a bad word about our opponents. Sometimes I wish he would because then he's not causing a media shitstorm that he's about to walk, but he doesn't ever do it.

His focus is always on how his own team performed.

It is a fans feeling yes but I'm sure the players read the media and they know the impact of every result. We could have won yesterday but can't fault the performance. Wrong player going for that header in the end. I still think that Brighton and Brentford will prove pivotal only because we were in 4th and we needed to hold onto it. This was the season run in, last 7-8 games where players and fans start looking at games they can win lose draw... Compared to a draw several months earlier, the players would not have been thinking the same way.....city don't win the title then it will be the games they don't win now that will be remembered. Yes dropping points is the same but the impact of it is deadlier the later it gets. Possibly you are right and the players aren't feeling anymore pressure then a game at the start of the season but can't imagine that's the case.. Maybe it was complacency and the desire will now be that much more because we are chasing it
When there is still something to fight for then yes I concede that point absolutely. The caveat to this however I would say is the context around what is actually being fought for. When we were chasing Leicester down we had nothing to fight for in our last game of the season against Newcastle (this absolutely wasn't how the fans saw it though, we all wanted to finish above the scum).

Given where both Woolwich and us are (and have been) this season then it's fair to assume that both teams and both sets of supporters are in sync with the fact that there's something to play for, so the motivation is there.

When there is still something to fight for then yes I concede that point absolutely. The caveat to this however I would say is the context around what is actually being fought for. When we were chasing Leicester down we had nothing to fight for in our last game of the season against Newcastle (this absolutely wasn't how the fans saw it though, we all wanted to finish above the scum).

Given where both Woolwich and us are (and have been) this season then it's fair to assume that both teams and both sets of supporters are in sync with the fact that there's something to play for, so the motivation is there.
If the players didn't think finishing above Woolwich and finishing 2nd in a two horse were worth fighting for then they should have lined up for each fan to slap them in the face. but yep i agree, once you know what there is to play for, you should perform. Its not a given you win every game, but that 2 game run without a shot on goal was just criminal and took away the control we had in the run in for top 4 race. Lets hope today we really make a statement, going to be tough as Woolwich dont have to win and we do. will be a lot of pressure but spurs dont do anything the easy way do they...

2 pen shoot out wins let’s hope it’s not a 3rd win in ECL final. Someone is gonna have to shit him up. Be ironic if RM have all the possession and dippers win playing on the counter.

1 point from this game means we only need a draw in our final one. So it was more than just a good moral boost.

I was a bit non plussed at the time, I thought we could and should have created a bit more - at least situations if not chances - but if it turns out to be a point that makes a difference then fair fucks.

Back
Top Bottom