Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hoping Lucas and Sissoko start this because quite frankly I don't want them anywhere near the starting XI v Southampton.

I agree.

Every time I am trying to come up with a side I keep wanting to put in guys like Dier, Winks, Moura, Davies and Sissoko in because I have a little hope that even Mourinho would not then start them on the weekend, then I realize it is Mourinho and there is nothing that will have him take out those guys from his line-up.

We struggled to create anything with our best player in the line-up I hate to think what we will do with our "B" team out there.

I imagine that most of the chances will come from Plovdiv being horrible but if they are smart they will just park the bus and take it to pens. I can't see us being able (or Jose willing to try) to break down their defense if they put 11 men back.

Europa.jpg

May be a lack of streams.
Might be a bit early for stream listing, may be some more later in the week
:mourthumb:

Has to play Ndombele. Don’t care if he’s a lazy prick, tell him he’s not coming off until he’s run a half marathon.

We need him to turn a corner and start running our midfield.

Europa.jpg

May be a lack of streams.

- Big club like Spurs.
- All that tech.
- Covid says "no fans"
- Virtually the whole world (inc. the home countries of either team) are staved of the fixture thanks to TV licensing being monopolised by cunts.

Football is fucked.

Last edited:
Some people on here seem to think we can go out there with a second team and win comfortably.
If we do that we could quite easily go out. We need to play a first team....prob with some of today’s bench in it.
This is the priority over the Carabao...that’s for the under 23 team.
Don’t know how crap Plovdiv might be but it’s a one off and we have to get through. Might get some of our lot a bit fitter.

I would definitely start him, run his legs off for as long as possible to try and get him fit and up to speed.
Sub him off after an hour if need be.

This. If he can't impose himself and dictate a game at this level, he's domestically useless to the squad.

Kane and son will be required in the second half to get the win

Fuck.. It I'd start H..... Hit 'em hard and early and sub him off asap.... Do some rotation juggling once we bag a new fella and have exorcised today's shitfest. Tempted to play Sonny for the same reason..... Did anyone play well enough today to retain their spot for next Sunday anyway?

Dele should start this one as he is a EL / domestic cup player from now on.

Who isn't. :(

Same old midfield quandary as last year (and the second half of 18/19)... Until that's fixed, even our better players are gonna look mediocre; save for the odd moment of individual brilliance.

Hugo
Aurier / Dav / Dier / Sess
[***insert 2 x whoever until GLC is fully fit]
Bergwijn / Ndombele / Lamela
Kane
(****Winks, PEH, Sissoko, Gedson... Meh... Just don't fuck Gio's recovery up!)

1 legged tie. Anything can happen. That concerns me if we put in the same effort as today.

Gazza
Aurier Sanchez Dier Sessegnon
Sissoko Bowden
Bergwijn Ndombele Lamela
Diallo

Last edited:
We're not going to have the squad required to cope, so I wouldn't shed any tears about this comp and redirect energies on domestic cups.
The financial fall out would be great. Even worse when we are calling up half the world's banks trying to get a stadium sponsor.

We need the El. Don't fool yourself. Many of our players will also be very unhappy to be without Europe since it's perhaps our most realistic trophy.

Back
Top Bottom