Lokomotiv Plovdiv Vs Tottenham - Thurs 17th Sept 5pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti Totti - send a stream you cunt
rabinarafat.png

This was the most exciting moment in this match btw

I've just been thinking about the game. It's been a few hours since it ended. But I don't think people appreciate how close we came to losing what would have been possibly our worst defeat ever. Yes we won, but we should be demanding better from the players and the coaching staff.
That wasn't good enough against a poor team. Still defensively vulnerable, Jose has been here a year now and we haven't improved much defensively. Midfield still needs so much more work, Lo Celso and Tanguy made it more bearable but the DM position is still an issue.
Had we had lost that it would have sent shock waves through the squad and the rest of Europe. Not even the Bale and Reguilon transfer would have papered that over. The thread would have another 50 pages. All hypothetical, but there are still major issues we need to sort out.

It kind of feels like a scenario when the CL wins papered over the underlying cracks in our squad.
If this game was at home i think it would have been a different story and we finish them off by half time, i think maybe the players were a bit naive and thought they would just win by turning up and the plods would give us a lot more respect than they did, wouldn't surprise me if most of the team were also saving themselves for Sunday, hopefully this is something Jose will address, i would not play the likes of Son in the early rounds as the game was to physical for him, play Sess instead as he has experience in the Champo and is used to more of a physical game, same goes for Dele. I said before the game that it wasn't going to be just as easy as turning up, the Plod players are playing for there lives and our pampered superstars think they just need to go through the motions to win, granted if we score early then its game over, but the longer it stays 0-0 the more belief the plods get, these qualifying games will be far from easy if we go into every game thinking its already won.

go fuck yourself
(simple - don't comment, I won't, then you wont get this for a reply)
Goddam it Mick you can be so fucking predictable...new season, same old insulting , aggressive posts. Try being nice and not worrying about what some people say. Ignore those who annoy you and enjoy being here for the banter and the chat...please..for your mental health and everyone else's.

Going forward we need to balance the starting 11s out.

For Europa/PL

Lloris
Doherty - Alderweireld - Dier - Reguilon
Hojbjerg
Ndombele - Lo Celso
Bale - Kane - Son

or

Lloris
Sanchez - Alderweireld - Dier
Doherty - Hojbjerg - Lo Celso - Reguilon
Bale - Son
Kane
For Carabao (until we meet a good team)

Hart
Aurier - Alderweireld - Tanganga - Davies
Winks - Gedson
Lucas - Dele - Bergwijn
New ST​

Even when we win a reasonably awkward away tie in a shithole country to progress, the amount of entitled, short-sighted whining and crying going on in the aftermath is ridiculous.

Even more so considering most people only saw half the fucking match at best.

...and after half an hour against a tired team on a shit pitch with 2 sendings off, Tanguy scores a tap in and is the first name on the team sheet for the league? LOL.

If this game was at home i think it would have been a different story and we finish them off by half time, i think maybe the players were a bit naive and thought they would just win by turning up and the plods would give us a lot more respect than they did, wouldn't surprise me if most of the team were also saving themselves for Sunday, hopefully this is something Jose will address, i would not play the likes of Son in the early rounds as the game was to physical for him, play Sess instead as he has experience in the Champo and is used to more of a physical game, same goes for Dele. I said before the game that it wasn't going to be just as easy as turning up, the Plod players are playing for there lives and our pampered superstars think they just need to go through the motions to win, granted if we score early then its game over, but the longer it stays 0-0 the more belief the plods get, these qualifying games will be far from easy if we go into every game thinking its already won.

I said this the other day about Orient next week when someone was arguing that a C-team (inc. the likes of White & Cirkin) was sufficient.

I think that this is the most bizarre game I've ever seen part of.
Whilst it's up there on the list of abject Euro away games I've seen,and believe me, there are plenty of contenders for that title, the TV coverage was straight out of the 60's.
A goal from the Sunday League team, a penalty, two reds and a late winner, whilst flying blind and reading the postings on here not knowing if they were kosher?

Be still my beating heart. :lamelaaghh:

I think that this is the most bizarre game I've ever seen part of.
Whilst it's up there on the list of abject Euro away games I've seen,and believe me, there are plenty of contenders for that title, the TV coverage was straight out of the 60's.
A goal from the Sunday League team, a penalty, two reds and a late winner, whilst flying blind and reading the postings on here not knowing if they were kosher?

Be still my beating heart. :lamelaaghh:

You don’t get adventures like this by going straight to the group stages of the Champions League. We’re lucky this season.

Even when we win a reasonably awkward away tie in a shithole country to progress, the amount of entitled, short-sighted whining and crying going on in the aftermath is ridiculous.

Even more so considering most people only saw half the fucking match at best.

...and after half an hour against a tired team on a shit pitch with 2 sendings off, Tanguy scores a tap in and is the first name on the team sheet for the league? LOL.

After the two performances we have had so far people are right to feel concerned. Plovdiv would have been butchered by most PL teams. We were very close to being a laughing stock and maybe even having Bale and Reguilon change their minds about coming with no European football.
Maybe instead of having a pop at others for praising Ndombele you should adjust your own negative feelings towards him. He may well have saved Jose’s bacon

After the two performances we have had so far people are right to feel concerned. Plovdiv would have been butchered by most PL teams.
We were very close to being a laughing stock and maybe even having Bale and Reguilon change their minds about coming with no European football.
Maybe instead of having a pop at others for praising Ndombele you should adjust your own negative feelings towards him. He may well have saved Jose’s bacon
1. Any team can easily concede a goal against the run of play in an away game in a country like Bulgaria.
2. Laughing stock, yeah almost, but actually we won and have had worse recent losses. That potential loss last night wouldn't have affected any ongoing transfers IMO.
3. He played for 30 mins against a poor side and scored a goal when we had an extra two men on the pitch, from the little I saw he doesn't deserve a starting place after that. We've seen him have decent games against shite-mediocre European sides, it was most of his career in Ligue 1 tbh.

When he's able to play a full 90 minutes without looking like he's going to sweat himself to death or cough a lung up and looks more interested than usual, then I'll back him to start. Ability is not the problem.

Goddam it Mick you can be so fucking predictable...new season, same old insulting , aggressive posts. Try being nice and not worrying about what some people say. Ignore those who annoy you and enjoy being here for the banter and the chat...please..for your mental health and everyone else's.
Thanks, but there is nothing wrong with my mental health.
I have asked him repeatedly to stop commenting on my posts, and have assured him I will do the same. It's really simple.
When you have had to endure years of petty abuse about being a child molester, a tax dodger and various asinine remarks about my professional work, along with an endless tirade of ageist insults then I'm sure you would operate a zero tolerance policy against him.
If you want to offer advice, then I suggest you direct it at him. I have absolutely no problem with keeping a distance and cutting out the insults, for the good and benefit of everyone else. You may have noticed that I'm not the only poster he reserves his obnoxious behaviour for. My advice would be to go to the source of the problem, rather than the posters that get caught in the shithousery that follows the creep from one message board to the next.

Back
Top Bottom