london clubs that get on your tits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

which london club gets on your nerves the most

• Woolwich

Votes: 56 45.5%
  • chelsea

Votes: 51 41.5%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fulham

• Brentford

• West Ham

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Millwall

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • barnet

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • wimbledon

• Charlton Atheletic

• Leyton Orient

• Queens Park Rangers

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Watford (I know strictly not London but they are on the tube)

• Total voters
I was surprised myself (I've been going approx the same time as you so have never witnessed it myself also) but I have heard from several of my mates in the generation before ours that we (they) had sung it.

I wonder who sung it first?

We should troll them about it if it was indeed us.

What the fuck. I have no recollection of this. Been going since 1978
Spurs version.

I’m forever throwing bottles,
Pretty bottles in the air,
They fly so high,
nearly reach the sky,
Then like West Ham,
they fade and die,
Woolwich always running,
Chelsea running too,
And so’s the Park Lane Tottenham,
We're running after you!

Something that needs to be spoken about is what would the poll be saying if the supporters of all the clubs on that list were asked the same question.

When I travelled away with Spurs, for many years, it really hit it home to me how Spurs seem to be every other London club's preferred option when it comes to hating on someone.

We are Woolwichs' number 1 option.

We are Chelsea's number 1 option.

We are West Ham's number 1 option.

Whenever I have watched West Ham play Woolwich they never seem to try as hard against them or seem as bothered about it. Supporters or players.

Chelsea v Woolwich does have an edge but in recent years I think Chelsea see the Spurs game as more of a 'must win'. I would say it is the same when they play West Ham.

Spurs have 6 high intensity derby games most seasons as well as the 6 games home and away against Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City.

That's roughly a third of the season taken up with no holds barred matches where anything can happen. No wonder we never win the fucking league.

I also strongly suspect that the likes of Palace, QPR and fly by nights like Millwall and Charlton try a bit harder against Spurs than everyone else.

We are the London club that everyone else loves to hate.

It makes it very hard.

Back
Top Bottom