Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a top professional we have on our hands here. If he's patient his moment will come but I'm so impressed with his attitude at a time where results are poor yet he still doesn't get a look in.

Give the lad a few starts, let him have a chance to get the wind into his sails

The guy's a fookin' angel!

images

GLC / Dier / Ndombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

I want, i want, i want....

Why is Eriksen a part of this debate?

Does not want to be here, plays like a shadow of himself, should not be selected.

Him, Rose, Toby and Jan are not even a part of me thinking of line ups any more.

I said Lucas should have played against Red Star instead of Son. I was criticised and it was said Son had to play. Son had a good game and Poch was justified but I do not think Son, Kane and Moura works. Therefore if Kane always plays then Son has to be rested for Moura to get a chance. Now Son should play Saturday but perhaps should be rested against Red Star next week.

Did himself absolutely no favors yesterday.
Not singling him out, but given that he hasn't had many chances, this was his moment to prove himself but he had no significant contribution to the game.

Part of it is also on Poch who brought him on from the cold into unfamiliar position (seemed to me no-brainer to use Son in top) but most still on the player.

He'll get more chances though with Lamela injured and Son banned in EPL. Hope he takes them well.

Did himself absolutely no favors yesterday.
Not singling him out, but given that he hasn't had many chances, this was his moment to prove himself but he had no significant contribution to the game.

Part of it is also on Poch who brought him on from the cold into unfamiliar position (seemed to me no-brainer to use Son in top) but most still on the player.

He'll get more chances though with Lamela injured and Son banned in EPL. Hope he takes them well.
he's not a centre forward why play him there ? yes he is willing to battle for the ball but that is not enough
why didn't Poch play with Son & Lucas closer to midfield, either out numbering their midfield or most likely drawing their defence up thus creating space to run into, then as soon as our C/H's got the ball they could play long ball out to the space behind their defenders

He was def in the wrong position. He has the ability to leap out of the building, but he isn’t a CF. His lack of involvement has just as much to do with a shit performance from players like Eriksen as it does with Poch putting him in the wrong place.

That being said, I don’t think he is a starter for any top team. He is a weapon, but I don’t think he is suited for the way we try to play. The best I have seen out of him was when he was at PSG and they were playing him out wide. We should be asking him to bring width and take on players out wide, but we use him centrally, where all 11 players are.

What was particularly bad about his performance yesterday was that it was against a team that didn't park the bus. It's useless playing him against a low bock side where there is no space for him to run but yesterday Everton didn't park the bus, he just showed the other side to his game that's really poor and that's he can't pass, hold up the ball, bring others into play.

He's a heads down player. He seems to have zero connection with any players around him and as a consequence, we don't build attacks via him at all. There's no one-two's, no interplay unless he's on the end of something, be that one of his own dribbles or a pass to him, he looks a total misfit.

He's not a starter for me, never has been. Still a good player to have on the bench seems to operate better when we are going more direct and lumping balls into channels or swinging them into the box.

What was particularly bad about his performance yesterday was that it was against a team that didn't park the bus. It's useless playing him against a low bock side where there is no space for him to run but yesterday Everton didn't park the bus, he just showed the other side to his game that's really poor and that's he can't pass, hold up the ball, bring others into play.

He's a heads down player. He seems to have zero connection with any players around him and as a consequence, we don't build attacks via him at all. There's no one-two's, no interplay unless he's on the end of something, be that one of his own dribbles or a pass to him, he looks a total misfit.

He's not a starter for me, never has been. Still a good player to have on the bench seems to operate better when we are going more direct and lumping balls into channels or swinging them into the box.
A bit harsh in places but ,in essence, all true

A lot of that revolves around him playing centrally tho....

I still think he'd do damage in a 3 with Kane & Sonny.

This is the big headache.

Poch seems intent on making Moura a striker, when he is a winger, and Son who is a striker is played out on the wing (granted he tends to do real well when played on the left wing, less so when played on the right like yesterday).

Why?

I think he just gets in the way, Son/Kane/Dele/Lamela/(Eriksen when on form) all link play with each other. I think he gets in the way, can't think off the top of my head when Kane and Lucas have looked dangerous, ever.

This is the big headache.

Poch seems intent on making Moura a striker, when he is a winger, and Son who is a striker is played out on the wing (granted he tends to do real well when played on the left wing, less so when played on the right like yesterday).

Why?

I think Sonny is well suited to the WF role, but yeh the overall picture is very frustrating.

Esp. when you consider slower, more intricate players that link up better (such as Dele and Lamela) are regularly played wide.

I think he just gets in the way, Son/Kane/Dele/Lamela/(Eriksen when on form) all link play with each other. I think he gets in the way, can't think off the top of my head when Kane and Lucas have looked dangerous, ever.

Who's way would he be in if deployed as a WF?

He gets in Kanes way as the bulk of their time on the pitch together was with them both deployed centrally.

Back
Top Bottom