Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is, we probably actually agree, are only coming at it from different angles.

100% agree - Aurier was probably our best player yesterday, but he's been execrable in two or three games already this season. His punishment for that - more game time. And actually, as an aside, yes, if Poch does see Foyth as our new RB, I'd rather see him playing. My suspicion is that Poch hasn't got a fucking clue what to do with Foyth and has him earmarked for RB, CB, DM or maybe even RM. Maybe he's holding him back to play in tandem with Sess?

Eriksen I think still plays, regardless of Lamela. He's just 100% Pochetinno's man and I think he'll die on that hill. In many ways the opposite of Lucas, who Poch couldn't give a fuck about.

Davies has played better than Danny in every game so far this season. He obviously has his flaws (get's caught running back), but he's our best option and I think him and Sess could actually be a very useful option on the left.

Toby, I have no opinion. I just want him gone.

You're 100% right that Lucas is fighting for a place where we are strongest and definitely doesn't start when all are fit. I just, personally, think that some of the criticism levelled at him applies just as equally to other players (Son needs to learn to pass more). And I also think Poch has no ability to get the most out of him, partly because he can't be arsed, but partly because he only knows one way to play the game.
I don't share your specifics but that is the inevitable subjectivity anyway, whether we are playing well or poorly.

Why the fuck not throw Dier in there?

GLC / Dier/ Ndombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

Sure... Fine by me.

Are we scared of being embarrassed this season??? Too late for that.

I understand Lucas and Son could be a liability defensively, but that should be better with coaching!!

Even if they are, keep our fullbacks back in a more defensive role. It's not like they are offering a fucking thing going forward.

Indeed.... Davies is ready made for such a remit.... Pretty sure Foyth could cut it too.

Due to the factors I've repeatedly listed, I don't believe i have a clear view of what he is truly capable of.

I'm not obliged to form a definitive judgement on him until I feel I have.

Only elite players are likely to carry entire team.... Right now it's not merely individuals off form; the entire team is functioning poorly.... Why would a player trying to establish themselves within a set-up be expected to lift the larger entity? IMO, to expect that is unrealistic. Even more so if that's expected with him typically playing out of position.

It's not one factor counting against him:

- Typically out of position
- Out of form team
- Often played in hotch-potch line-ups

Even when he has shone (lifted us?), he hasn't retained his position and been afforded a run in the team...

(I assume you subscribe to the idea of momentum through consistent playing time.)

Like I said previously... Let's resume if he gets a fair crack and by that I mean:

Son / Kane / Lucas

...And a reasonably functioning midfield behind them.
My expectation of him isn't to lift us (although as an Snr member of this squad it wouldn't be unreasonable one). It's just to play consistently well over a string of a couple of games would be a positive thing and would really help us regain our confidence.

I'm not expecting him to be MOTM, just contribute in a positive manner. This entails bringing his teammates into play, having a hand in a goal or two. I'm not expecting another Ajax performance just one that says "Oi boss remember me".

My expectation of him isn't to lift us (although as an Snr member of this squad it wouldn't be unreasonable one). It's just to play consistently well over a string of a couple of games would be a positive thing and would really help us regain our confidence.

I'm not expecting him to be MOTM, just contribute in a positive manner. This entails bringing his teammates into play, having a hand in a goal or two. I'm not expecting another Ajax performance just one that says "Oi boss remember me".
Poch was roaring at him midway through the first half yesterday for standing up top like a statue.

Poch was roaring at him midway through the first half yesterday for standing up top like a statue.

This is going to sound too critical but I'm mentioning it purely as a specific example of the problem he can cause us, rather than the solution we seek.

Take a look at his run on Dele's goal, he actually takes the oppo player tracking him into the box next to Dele. It's obviously completely mute because we still scored, but the point I'm trying to highlight is why the fuck did he do that? I've seen Kane, Son and Lamela bust a gut to take a defender away. It's little things like this that show why he's not quite in tune with his teammates. His showed he wanted to get on the end of it, not how I can improve Dele's chances to convert it.

I know that's not the greatest example but just one that's recent from yesterdays game that highlights his individual nature.

This is going to sound too critical but I'm mentioning it purely as a specific example of the problem he can cause us, rather than the solution we seek.

Take a look at his run on Dele's goal, he actually takes the oppo player tracking him into the box next to Dele. It's obviously completely mute because we still scored, but the point I'm trying to highlight is why the fuck did he do that? I've seen Kane, Son and Lamela bust a gut to take a defender away. It's little things like this that show why he's not quite in tune with his teammates. His showed he wanted to get on the end of it, not how I can improve Dele's chances to convert it.

I know that's not the greatest example but just one that's recent from yesterdays game that highlights his individual nature.
I don't think you are being too critical. His OTB movement is soooo stupid. Now I appreciate his confidence is low but he did not even work hard yesterday when Everton were in possession.

Yeah imagine wanting some of this in the attack.....what are we thinking??!!!
I mean, how shit, to have someone who causes problems why give them a run of games eh?!!!

Naaaaaahhhhh
More static Dele, I love a good fairy flick and he scored a goal!!!!
So he should play for 30 more games to find form!!!!!!

Fucking jokers

Yeah imagine wanting some of this in the attack.....what are we thinking??!!!
I mean, how shit, to have someone who causes problems why give them a run of games eh?!!!

Naaaaaahhhhh
More static Dele, I love a good fairy flick and he scored a goal!!!!
So he should play for 30 more games to find form!!!!!!

Fucking jokers

I hate Dele Alli, but a highlights reel is no way to form an opinion of a player, sammy.

I hate Dele Alli, but a highlights reel is no way to form an opinion of a player, sammy.
Maybe you have forgotten he’s actually a spurs player.
I’ve watched him play games.

The highlights reel is to remind people of what they seem to have forgotten about.
People actually claiming he should be behind Lamela in the pecking order?

What the fuck

Could half understand if we weren’t playing like non league, but we’ve got total non entities playing week in week out and people choose Moura to take a swipe at

Fair enough and valid.

But we also had our best break of the game with 4 on 4, Son on the ball, Lucas charges into the box for a cross, and Sonny decides to drag back, dawdle and chance gone.

Maybe they don’t trust him. Which is fine. In which case let’s sell him. But none of our strikers are really working together at the moment.

Didn’t we have that daft xg rating of about .04 yesterday, for the first half. Hardly fill your boots time.

Maybe you have forgotten he’s actually a spurs player.
I’ve watched him play games.

The highlights reel is to remind people of what they seem to have forgotten about.
People actually claiming he should be behind Lamela in the pecking order?

What the fuck

Could half understand if we weren’t playing like non league, but we’ve got total non entities playing week in week out and people choose Moura to take a swipe at
No need to go nuclear on me, sammy. I am your friend.

Moura is capable of the spectacular but he is also spectacularly wasteful.

The word you were searching for is "moot".

GlJNyfR.jpg

Fair enough and valid.

But we also had our best break of the game with 4 on 4, Son on the ball, Lucas charges into the box for a cross, and Sonny decides to drag back, dawdle and chance gone.

Maybe they don’t trust him. Which is fine. In which case let’s sell him. But none of our strikers are really working together at the moment.

Didn’t we have that daft xg rating of about .04 yesterday, for the first half. Hardly fill your boots time.
We're obviously way off where we've been but we are scoring goals 5th highest (but significantly off those above) but it's stuff like that I can hang onto as an underlying trend, if not to establish a claim higher but one that might pull us through above the rest of the stragglers. I'm a glass half full guy just in my nature.

Lucas is a quality addition to this squad, I think he makes our bench stronger, I like the unpredictability he can bring. Everything I'm saying is in the context of him not being better than Kane, Son, Dele and even Eriksen (right now there's an argument to suggest his form is the same as Eriksen, I've seen nothing from him this season, just as I've seen nothing from Eriksen).

I don't want him sold he improves our bench, but there are fewer strings to his bow, less versatility than we have with other players I think.

Gazza

Foyth Sanchez Toby

Lucas Sissoko Tanguy Davies

GLC

Kane Son

Lucas on the bench is a damn waste.
Just a hunch but reckon it's going to work.can be switched to 433 easily
Nothing to lose ATM.

Back
Top Bottom