Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has the technical skill, pace, work rate etc. He just makes terrible decisions sometimes. I also don’t think he’s ever played in his actual position, right wing in a 4-3-3. I think Mourinho will play that formation next season and we’ll see a lot more from Lucas
Gets himself into some great positions and can carry the ball well over a distance but too often runs into trouble or chooses the wrong pass.
If he can work on improving his end product then it’s all good.

Love having this guy in and around the dressing room because of his character, and I’m very happy with his knack for crucial goals.

I just think that he lacks the quality to be an every week starter. Especially if Bergwijn hits the ground running like we all hope he does.

what an incredible option to have from the bench though. Going in to the last 45 minutes of 2 legged CL knock out tie, If we need some magic then we know where to look.

Absolute Legend.

One other thing here. There is, for some reason, a real connection between Lucas and Dele on the pitch. Those two put together some great "give and go" plays. Yesterday's equalizer, winner at Ajax, etc. Maybe "squad" them when possible.

How many assists? I recall at least one.

Since Mourinho took over:

19 games played
5 goals
2 assists

In comparison to other attacking players:

Kane:
10 games played
7 goals
1 assist

Son:
15 games played
6 goals
5 assists

Dele:
17 games played
6 goals
3 assists

He might not be the best attacking player we have but damn sure he’s the most hard working. He never stops trying and you can count on him he’ll try his best to do his job. Mourinho must love that type of attitude. A Brazilian Lamela if you want, attitude wise.

He might not be the best attacking player we have but damn sure he’s the most hard working. He never stops trying and you can count on him he’ll try his best to do his job. Mourinho must love that type of attitude. A Brazilian Lamela if you want, attitude wise.
I'm not a fan of his but he is starting to win me round with his attitude and work rate.

I think Lucas is a good guy with a great attitude and technical skills. But my patience with him ends now. I honestly can’t remember the last time he scored, assisted, or let alone making any key passes. It’s just becoming more frustrating and disappointing to watch him play. I truly appreciate his work rate, but when there aren’t any end products with hours and hours on the field, nothing but frustrations build up

Hasn't scored a league goal since the 15th December 2019.

Has 1 assist in the league since the opening day of the season.

Has started 18 of the 28 league games so far this season.

I cannot fault his work rate, it's brilliant and in all honesty, it's probably a big reason (along with fitness of others) as to why he starts but his output just isn't good enough to justify him starting.

He loses possession so often and it's not even usually from a intelligent through ball but a simple pass or a poor touch. No one in the team has been dispossessed more than him per 90 and only Son has lost the ball more Per 90 due to an unsuccessful touch.

Only Kane and Son take more shots per 90 than Lucas does in this team and they're both injured now.

Played his part in the better 2nd half performance but I cannot help thinking that had he started he would have been less effective. Jose said recently that he is not used to playing as much and we may have to limit his playing time to get the best out of him.

So much better as a sub.
This ... when all the bits are available we have a great squad, Lucas as a super-sub is brilliant as a starting player every single game then not so much. You need to keep your game changers at peak condition not run them into the ground, you also want opposing defenders to face different challenges in a game not the same easily negated threat every week ....

City are the best team in the League (Dippers are just luckier) but even with their squad a few injuries led to them being 'found out' that and some incredible bad luck, Dippers are the same once teams got over the fear factor they are now being found out every week, still they have incredible good luck (and VAR) ... that's not to say they're not a good team they obviously are but the differences between the top and bottom of the EPL comes down to how well your squad hangs together and how many options you have available ... having your game changers fit and available is vital Lucas is one of those, this year for us he's sacrificed himself for the greater good, but use him like today and he's ten times more effective ... let's hope we see more of that next season.

I do appreciate he always puts in a shift and is capable of the incredible, once in a blue moon.
But I'm quite bored of him dribbling at high speed directly into a clump of defenders and falling over. He needs some tactical tweaks to his game. But don't they all at the moment...

Lucas and Dele are becoming similar players. I certainly never doubt their effort, but if they're not playing in a good side, they're both very average and not really capable of elevating a team the way Kane and Son do.

Back
Top Bottom