Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love how much he loves the club
Fans love the club very few players of any club love them.
He loves the money and lifestyle, if he loved the club in the way the fans do he would not be strolling about like it was a friendly tonight.
He was nothing short of disgraceful he had no effect on the game at all.
Fucking liability

I’ll always love Moura for the Ajax game but he should be nowhere near our starting lineup. The guy is so one dimensional; he gets the ball and runs. He is a terrible passer and his first touch can be so poor. The amount of times he gets a ball from defence with his back to the opposition and some how can’t give it back on the ground is unbelievable. I feel sorry for our defence sometimes when I see, what should have been a simple return pass, come to them at their chest with a striker coming right at them. It’s one of the basics of the game.

Impact sub and no more

Every time he starts, it’s a problem
Gives up possession a lot
Only thing he offers is grabbing the ball from deep and trying to dribble through 4 players only to be fouled

Main gripe is that he only has 1 thing on his mind. Get the ball and run it into the box. As a result, the box gets congested with defenders and Kane/Son are crowded out by defenders. If he could consistently win penalties doing this (ala, Sterling, Zaha) then fair enough, but inevitably he gets tackled or passes into a crowd of defenders.

We need wide players who can ping the ball into the box from distance. Force defenders to run out and close them down - thus making for room for Kane.

considering the amount of minutes played and lack of contributions this season, Moura easily been spurs worse player this Prem campaign. Spurs essentially playing 10 v 11 with Lucas in the lineup all year sadly. He’s an attacking winger contributing what exactly ? Smh

The Aaron Lennon role suits him best I think, just a shame he can't cross
We need wide players who can ping the ball into the box from distance. Force defenders to run out and close them down - thus making for room for Kane.
IMHO, Kieran Trippier was the best crosser of a ball we've had at the club for years.... and I'm INCLUDING Eriksen!!
Trippiers ability to whip in a 1st time cross ON THE RUN was a weapon we sorely miss.... and, to be fair, never benefited from half as much had Tripps been an out and out winger...
If ONLY he had been faster!

NOW, if Trippier and Moura had a kid... THEN we'd be talking!!

IMHO, Kieran Trippier was the best crosser of a ball we've had at the club for years.... and I'm INCLUDING Eriksen!!
Trippiers ability to whip in a 1st time cross ON THE RUN was a weapon we sorely miss.... and, to be fair, never benefited from half as much had Tripps been an out and out winger...
If ONLY he had been faster!

NOW, if Trippier and Moura had a kid... THEN we'd be talking!!

DUDE. Stop with THE CAPS like THIS please!

He's a good impact sub against tired legs when we're ahead. Not much more. Between him and Lennon I prefer Lennon because he at least didn't get in the way.

Every time he starts, it’s a problem
Gives up possession a lot
Only thing he offers is grabbing the ball from deep and trying to dribble through 4 players only to be fouled

I'd say it is 50-50. Between fouled and just losing the ball between the defenders.
Because if there are 2 defenders he'll dribble past, after that he finds usually another 2 or 3 and this is where the venture ends...

Good Bench player
wouldn't sell him

I kind of understand your point.
He is decent squad player and could offer rotation/fresh legs from the bench.

But at the same time, I think he has some significant market value + he will soon be 28. For such rotational role we could maybe bring in someone with higher potential and lower cost and use other proceedings for strenghtening other positions.

Or more specifically what I mean (as an example) -
- Sell Moura to Newcastle for 35 mil (assuming, they are flush with cash and throwing it around)
- Buy Eze from QPR for 20 mil
- Use reminder 15 mil as 1/3 of cost of 45m top notch CB.

To me this would make more sense.

I am 100% sure we will be shopping him around this summer. He's got a good attitude but just not enough quality, I believe he hasn't scored in the league since December? That's just not good enough for somebody with his minutes played.

We should cash in while the Ajax game is still fresh in everyone's memory. Bergwijn has already shown much more quality in a very difficult period.

I'm not sure we should sell him, given the changes to the game with more allowances for substitutions, Moura can undoubtedly come on and change a game.
But he isn't really a starter, more an impact player.

I'm not sure we should sell him, given the changes to the game with more allowances for substitutions, Moura can undoubtedly come on and change a game.
But he isn't really a starter, more an impact player.

That won't be the new norm. I assume it'll be back to 3 subs by the time the new season starts..... It's just a measure to protect the physical health of the players given the 3 month lay off and the quick succession of games.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure we will be shopping him around this summer. He's got a good attitude but just not enough quality, I believe he hasn't scored in the league since December? That's just not good enough for somebody with his minutes played.

We should cash in while the Ajax game is still fresh in everyone's memory. Bergwijn has already shown much more quality in a very difficult period.

Yea, totally agreed.

I could handle situation if player does not score for some time... but the thing is that Moura brings very little else to the table on offensive side. He tracks back and puts in an effort, but talking about attacking moves, he is not much of a passer and his 1st touch is suprisingly bad for a Brazilian.

I would have to say that one out of the 2 has to go and 1 could stay between him and Lamela so that we wouldn't change everything at once - both of them have right attitude and they are committed to the club. But both lack overall ability. I just assume we could cash in more for Moura. Then hopefully next summer we can sell the other as well. In the end we have to keep their overall capability in mind first and foremost. I believe there are passionate and energetic guys coming up from youth teams as well.

To me Lucas is a bit like Sissoko. He runs around but does he really know what he’s doing with the ball?

Just like with Moussa, there is a direct correlation between his run in the starting XI and the overall decline of our football. I think even an average player like Chadli had more technique and intelligence, even if he was much lazier.

There just aren’t enough ballers in our team right now, the decline of Dele and the departure of Eriksen and Dembele has pushed our former reserve players into the starting XI and the end result is predictable.

Back
Top Bottom