Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well either way I don’t think he is good enough for Spurs as we are witnessing on a regular basis.

I acknowledged that part right off the bat.... :thumbup:
I am not sure we use that aerial ability in the right way though. Sure he has a good spring but he is very small and I certainly don’t remember him scoring many headers. I appreciate he works hard and I don’t dislike him but unfortunately his work doesn’t often produce results

He's great in the air, bit I don't see it working in the context of an old skool center forward.

Sweet finish against City away tho.

Yeah - he was always best when Jols teams were on form (06/07) and when Redknapp had bedded in and was creating something special (09/10 and 11/12)

I think Lennon probably lacked that bit of drive to take him to the next level but I think he was underrated in terms of his intelligence off the ball, he would always make some really great runs as a winger, which Modric and Corluka would almost always take advantage of.

It's a shame we never had someone like Eriksen straight after losing Modric and van der Vaart - Dembele and Sandro weren't creative enough and Walker would tend to get in Lennons way when they did play together. Sigurdsson was mightily disappointing in the creative department too.
It turned out that both Sigurdsson and Dempsey (and also Holtby) were obvious downgrade of van der vaart. However, I thought the importance of Modric was still higher than that of van der vaart.

It turned out that both Sigurdsson and Dempsey (and also Holtby) were obvious downgrade of van der vaart. However, I thought the importance of Modric was still higher than that of van der vaart.

We were already a good team being conducted by Modric.... VDV was icing.... Funky, gooner-busting icing.

By LM leaving we became merely the Gather Bale Team.

We were already a good team being conducted by Modric.... VDV was icing.... Funky, gooner-busting icing.

By LM leaving we became merely the Gather Bale Team.
That was really a big mistake to let VDV leave when we have sold Modric earlier in the same transfer window. He has stayed far less time here compare with Modric. He could have contributed more even in AVB era. But AVB chose Sigurdsson or Dempsey to replace him....

That was really a big mistake to let VDV leave when we have sold Modric earlier in the same transfer window. He has stayed far less time here compare with Modric. He could have contributed more even in AVB era. But AVB chose Sigurdsson or Dempsey to replace him....
This is why I cringe when I see Nuno’s name being brought up as a future spurs coach.

Portugal have produced some of proper elite players in football over the past 25 Years and yet all their top coaches seem to be reactive criminals

Poor soul, got wasted by Pochettino and now Mourinho.

2 guys who can't play to his game, when he played Man Utd, i thought he was effing brilliant at heading considering his height,

Mourinho played him as a lone striker, often isolated.
Pochettino plays vertical football w/o proper wingers

For all those saying he shouldn't start

He made 10 tackles today (that's ridicously high , more than the likes of Ndidi make per game)
Made the most dribbles and was just so solid down that side

Full credit to him he was fantastic , my MOTM for sure

Yeah - he done alright out wide, when he isn't getting in the attackers way.

If he wasn't so wasteful in attack, he could have got himself an assist too.

Played as a winger for PSG - Looks better in a 442 playing wider to take advantage of his pace... to be expected he puts in a good performance?

For all those saying he shouldn't start

He made 10 tackles today (that's ridicously high , more than the likes of Ndidi make per game)
Made the most dribbles and was just so solid down that side

Full credit to him he was fantastic , my MOTM for sure
I still don't think he should start but he justified his selection today.

I reckon Jose sees him as one of the wide players in a front 3 ... like Robben.

Hmm, I hope not, as they came inside a lot in that team (Duff on the other wing). Lucas's best strength is hes fucking quick, so I hope we just see him employed in a classic winger role (knock it past your man, chase it) if hes a first XI player

Back
Top Bottom