Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just can't imagine any club paying enough to take this player away. Fear he's with us until Summer at the very least.
He's also not gonna agree to a move I feel. Spurs is the biggest and best club he could be at for the age/quality of player he is.

I don’t get the hate for Lucas but the same fans love Lamela? Lucas has done 1000 times more than the Argentine bandaid but fans would rather he stay? Makes no sense.

I don’t get the hate for Lucas but the same fans love Lamela? Lucas has done 1000 times more than the Argentine bandaid but fans would rather he stay? Makes no sense.

I see a role for Lamela much more than Moura.

Lamela is effective late in games as someone to come on and press the other team, whether to create turnovers to try and score or to slow down their attack if we are up.

It isn't a role that is needed all that much and should be able to be done by someone who has more skills than this but at least I can see something he brings that is positive.

For Moura there is nothing that he does well at all.

I see a role for Lamela much more than Moura.

Lamela is effective late in games as someone to come on and press the other team, whether to create turnovers to try and score or to slow down their attack if we are up.

It isn't a role that is needed all that much and should be able to be done by someone who has more skills than this but at least I can see something he brings that is positive.

For Moura there is nothing that he does well at all.
I’m not saying that Lucas should stay and we sell Lamela. I’m talking about the actual hate and abuse I see towards Lucas. I get he’s not a great player and I’m all for seeing him too but why is there a large or at least loud part of our fan base so hateful towards him?

I’m also confused with the Lamela love fest. He is never healthy, he plays a good game one out of every five appearances and acts like a cunt.

I just don’t get it.

I’m not saying that Lucas should stay and we sell Lamela. I’m talking about the actual hate and abuse I see towards Lucas. I get he’s not a great player and I’m all for seeing him too but why is there a large or at least loud part of our fan base so hateful towards him?

I’m also confused with the Lamela love fest. He is never healthy, he plays a good game one out of every five appearances and acts like a cunt.

I just don’t get it.
Whenever Lamela is available, he is putting in good shifts. We've seen nothing come out of Lucas all season(possibly since Ajax). He had 1 easy tap in goal so far. 0 assists, countless dispossessions, 0 big chances created.

Look at his stats against farmer teams in Europa and PL. He's not suited to start in PL anymore and I'd rather have Bale or Lamela if we want an impact sub. I don't hate Lucas, he seems to be a fun guy to be around. But this man is 28, he should be at his prime right now. The only logical choice here is to cash him in while he's healthy.
lucas.png

I think Lamela is a bit more likeable due to his clear hate for our rivals.

Whereas Lucas seems to be liked for his over the top 'coys' all over social media. Despite supporting a known facist in Bolsanaro.

Both are flawed - and in all honesty, if I had to pick one. I'd keep Lamela over Lucas. But both SHOULD be upgraded.

I just don’t get it.
I'm not sure I see the mean hateful comments you're on about tbh. Calling him a shit player isn't abusive in my eyes.

I agree somewhat with you on Lamela too. He is only marginally more useful than Moura. He shouldn't have been given a new contract, and they both need to leave asap, so if nothing else, we can at least give some up and coming academy player some minutes.

I just don’t get it.

I don't see anyone being hateful towards him and a ton of apologists that allow the Ajax game to excuse the fact that he has been terrible for us over his time here. I am not sure if pointing out how bad a player he is is hateful.

As for Lamela he isn't one of Jose's golden boys so combined with his injuries he isn't out there playing more than he should like Moura. Plus his effort can never be questioned and fans are always going to like guys like that that give their all.

he's a sentimental favorite for that night no doubt... and you'll always be thinking if he could do that once a year it'd all be worth it....

Back
Top Bottom