Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think Lucas Moura is the best player . I think if we had a good offer we should sell him and I don't think he is part of the first XI.

BUT

You've seen how good he's been in the Europa league this season and he never seems to get injured so he's the perfect squad player.

As well as that he's a lovely guy and he's given me the best moment in my history of supporting Spurs something I will always be thankful for. He knows how to score in big games and important moments.

I've never seen another player slip as often as he does. Is Dele buttering his shoes?
Its not how many times you slip, its at what cost....

maxresdefault.jpg

:dierno:

I don't think Lucas Moura is the best player . I think if we had a good offer we should sell him and I don't think he is part of the first XI.

BUT

You've seen how good he's been in the Europa league this season and he never seems to get injured so he's the perfect squad player.

As well as that he's a lovely guy and he's given me the best moment in my history of supporting Spurs something I will always be thankful for. He knows how to score in big games and important moments.
Very underrated in my view. He contributes a lot of goals/assists despite not getting a lot of playing time. We are going to be scoring more goals going forward if he gets back in the lineup

Very underrated in my view. He contributes a lot of goals/assists despite not getting a lot of playing time. We are going to be scoring more goals going forward if he gets back in the lineup
Chatting to folk who support other clubs, what I find interesting is that Moura has earned a lot of respect from them on his journey. A fair few have said they feel uneasy when they see he's in the line up as he's such an unpredictable road runner. From my perspective, while I don't go with the haters among our supporters, he's often all too predictable. But his fearless dribbles and aerial prowess really do unnerve people.

He's been very useful lately so I would definitely have him in the starting 11.

I agree that he has been useful of late. And he is rightfully ahead of Bergwijn and Lamela in pecking order now. Also his real asset is always being available. But I do not think he is underrated, rather overrated.

And I can prove it with cold solid facts -

"lot of assists" you say. Through his career with us he has got 1 assist in Champions League and 7 assists in EPL. Combined playing time is 6508 minutes. That makes his assist contribution at higher level 1 in 813 minutes on the field. Which is 1 in 9 full games. To put that into context - with this return if he would play every single second of EPL season, if he would be everpresent, he would give 4,2 assists across this season. That is shockingly awful for a winger / AM, not two ways to look at it. And I think that Spurs players should be assessed on this level, not based on assisting against likes of Marine, Wycombe, Ludogorets, and Plovdiv (against whom 4 of his 5 assists this season have come).

He is not an assister / game builder by any means, but he has a decent shot and finishing ability on him - something we have seen in recent weeks (West Ham+Burnley) as well.

Back
Top Bottom