Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is good at running at teams but needs the space to do.

He doesnt create his own space, as can be seen with how his effectiveness reduces when he plays against more compact teams.
I used to think that too but he's actually capable of fancy footwork. He seems to be much more effective attacking in a central role, not sure I want to see him back on the wing anytime soon. He's been very, very good for us at CAM lately so I hope we don't fix what isn't broken and run with the current set up going forward.

He's done well again in the CAM role.

Bet there will still be people clamouring for SHAG/BASK for the NDL despite Lucas being great in his last few starts in the AM.

One of our most in form players. Has turned our fortunes around along with Reg and Bale.

Playing him as the 10 has been a bit of a masterstroke.

He always works his bollocks off so sets the tone for the rest of the attackers to press. He is one of our best tacklers so can actually get to the ball when pressing - unlike Son who presses but I'm pretty sure has never made a tackle.

On the ball he has the ability to beat 3 or 4 players in a packed area which no one else in the squad can do. This often leads to getting shots off or free-kicks being awarded.

He's great in the air too.

Sure his passing is poor at times and he doesn't always make the right decision but his skillsets are a great compliment to Harry and Bale.

The two runners (Lucas and Son) opening up space for the two creators.

That front 4 will take some shifting in my opinion. Good that Dele is involved again but he doesn't offer what Lucas does. Gio combines Lucas' aggression with a bit more guile so could yet stake a claim if he can stay fit.

How this guy is spoken about as not being good enough I'll never know. Every season he's been here he's contributed decent numbers. He's more intelligent than people give him credit for imo. Better dribbler than the majority of this squad if not the best. Takes opposition out the game time and time again and gets you on the front foot,wins free kicks,opens the game up. Only downside is consistency but no doubt when he's on it he's a very very good player imo.

How this guy is spoken about as not being good enough I'll never know. Every season he's been here he's contributed decent numbers. He's more intelligent than people give him credit for imo. Better dribbler than the majority of this squad if not the best. Takes opposition out the game time and time again and gets you on the front foot,wins free kicks,opens the game up. Only downside is consistency but no doubt when he's on it he's a very very good player imo.
People are deluded. Calling for Championship no marks like Olise and Bowen to replace Lucas Moura. As if they would be making the same contributions - it's laughable.

I suppose that's what too much FIFA and FM do to you.

I'll admit, I'am a Moura detractor. I've always cited his poor composure and 'game intelligence' as being his most insufferable traits. We all know what he is good at, but barely shows it, and he becomes frustrating to watch.

However, I love being proved wrong, and he has really shown in the last month that he can be an excellent squad player against lesser and decent opposition.

Long may he press like a wasp and run AT defences and not in to them!

Bravo, Lucas!

Good dribbler? He lost possession in all but one of his recorded dribbles last night.

He runs alot and puts in some good tackles which can be a good support role when you have the likes of Bale/Kane/Son to actually contribute on the ball, but it's a water carrier role at the end of the day.

It's the dynamic of playing a front four - you have Bale and Son wide with Kane and Lucas in the middle, that's hard enough for a back four to defend but when Bale and Son are perfectly comfortable in the middle, and Kane and Lucas perfectly comfortable drifting out wide, who do the CB's mark?

Watching the last three games teams have focused more on Bale as he's come into form, they are also still trying to watch the deadly duo Kane and Son, that has given Lucas (Dele and Lamela) a chance to show their quality and they've all grabbed it ... Crystal Palace just didn't know who to mark and so they ended up marking nobody.

Lucas, Lamela and Dele can only benefit playing with Kane, Son and Bale ... and with luck Reg can step in when needed as well ..... now how about our defence ....

Lucas Moura is loving his new role under Jose Mourinho as Tottenham Hotspur hit a run of form in the Premier League.

The 28-year-old Brazilian has been moved inside from the right wing to the number 10 role in order to accommodate Gareth Bale on the flank.

Lucas used to play in a more central role as a young player at Sao Paulo and with impressive displays in Spurs' victories against Burnley and Crystal Palace, the attacker admits he is enjoying his nostalgic switch.

"I'm happy to be involved and I feel very comfortable in that position. When I was younger, I always played as a number 10 and I like that position because I feel free," he said.

"I can run from left to right, I can play in the middle, I can touch more balls, I can create situations for the strikers.

"So I like that position and I'm happy with the confidence that Jose has given me. I just have to give my best and keep going in the same way."

"I'm so happy, I'm so proud to be part of this team and I feel very comfortable playing with them. I'm happy with the team and happy with the results. We just need to keep going in this way."

"Yes [the top four is back on] but it's going to be hard," said Lucas. "It's not easy when there are a few teams in front of us but we need to trust ourselves, there are still 11 games to play.

"We can achieve this objective, but we need to think step by step, game by game. If we play like we did today, of course we can finish in the top four, and that's the objective."

had a really good game. he thrives against weaker opposition. is lucas at CAM and bale wide better for the team than lucas wide and bale CAM though? definitely good to have the options though, lamela can play both as well, so at least mourinho has options

The useful part of Lucas playing through the center is his pressing. Multiple times this season we have scored because Lucas pounced on an opponent’s heavy touch and recovered the ball for us in the attacking third. His closing speed when pressing is second to none.

Never had an issue with him as a squad player. He'll always stay fitter than Lamela and does a job. First choice as a wide player i'm not so sure of him but as a good squad player and team man no problems with him.

Plus he can be a good impact sub..i believe we've seen that...

:pochlol:

When we had Eriksen and Dele in the team at once we usually had Eriksen on the wing. But we know our front 4 rotated pretty freely between positions and that made them impossible to mark. That created space and little errors from their defence that we exploited. That's how you break down a bus.

Long may it continue. Lucas at CAM but switching now and again is a great rebirth of what we had under Poch.

Back
Top Bottom