Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't just the match against Ajax. We beat Dortmund, City and Ajax. Lucas was a big part of our run and style of play. Our results were not purely down to luck.

Adding a 'big' player like Kane to the mix completely changed our dynamic/chemistry of the team and as a result, we couldn't adjust partly due to the fact that it was his first match back from injury. Our team had gotten accustomed to a style of play without Kane and as soon as he came back, we had to revert back to a different style.

A team simply can't adjust their style of play on command. It takes time, training and a few matches to get back in the swing of things.
We also didn’t win a league game during that period which torpedoes your drivel - shut up

It was always a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Completely empathise with both Poch for his decision - as I probably would have done the same, and with Lucas for his treatment - as it was particularly cruel after his heroics.

He was streaky as fuck at the time and it's just as likely he'd have been anonymous had he started the game, especially after a 2 week break following the most amazing moment of his career.

Harry was always starting, giving him a shirt ahead of our most creative player in Eriksen against a team like Liverpool would be nuts too.

Impact substitute is still his best role in this squad, although in saying that I favour him over Bergwijn all day.

We also didn’t win a league game during that period which torpedoes your drivel - shut up
HAHAHAHAHA another Kane fanboy with hurt feelings

The English media and fans sure like to make shit up about Kane's importance to Spurs

We went 6-3-1 in the league without Kane the season we went to the CL final, and that includes games WITHOUT Son after he got red carded

AND... we went 1-4-1 during Kane's last 6 PL games of the season which should have been a telltale sign of us being better off without him for the Final.

See below, games highlighted in Red are games Kane missed.

bMvSpAg.jpg

Last edited:
This… seems he’sa coaches dream… that is , gives his everything for the team and humble and respectful of coaches decisions
The decisions made by Poch in the Final likely contributed to his downfall with us as manager. I'm sure he lost the dressing room regardless of how professional/loyal players were. Surely there was huge disappointment among many of the players, Lucas being at the top of that list.

The English media and fans sure like to make shit up about Kane's importance to Spurs

We went 6-3-1 in the league without Kane the season we went to the CL final, and that includes games WITHOUT Son after he got red carded

AND... we went 1-4-1 during Kane's last 6 PL games of the season which should have been a telltale sign of us being better off without him for the Final.

bMvSpAg.jpg
So we lost 3 out of the 6 preceding games prior to the CL final - hardly European Championship form, only beating fucking Huddersfield and Brighton

So we lost 3 out of the 6 preceding games prior to the CL final - hardly European Championship form, only beating fucking Huddersfield and Brighton
From what I recall Son got a red card one of those games and was out or serving a suspension

And as I mentioned before, we won 1 game against Palace the prior 6 games with Kane. We went 1-4-1 during Kane’s last 6 games.

bMvSpAg.jpg
Bro this obsession needs to stop its becoming kinda creepy.

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

bMvSpAg.jpg
This is the Moura thread.. please don't go on about Kane and how we do without him here..

I know there is a link that you trying to make..with Lucas playing instead of Kane. Which at times might even be the way to go going forwards.. but it's just that I see the same sort of posts about this from you in all threads.

Maybe just start a new thread about playing without Kane and leave it at that.

This is the Moura thread.. please don't go on about Kane and how we do without him here..

I know there is a link that you trying to make..with Lucas playing instead of Kane. Which at times might even be the way to go going forwards.. but it's just that I see the same sort of posts about this from you in all threads.

Maybe just start a new thread about playing without Kane and leave it at that.
My original reply was about how Lucas should have started over Kane to which someone replied by saying we couldn’t win a league game without Kane to which I replied with stats/numbers showing that his assumption/narrative was completely false.

In my heart of hearts, lucas is the biggest Spurs legend in the tottenham side atm and always will be a legend.

that night against ajax was stuff of dreams and is the biggest moment in our modern history. that night truly was magic. As was the man city game.

I dont think anything will come close to the Poch era in a long time. The man had so much class.

personally, i think there should be a statue of Lucas outside the stadium in honour of that night.

He’s never really been consistent enough as a player for us but his attitude can never be questioned

and he’ll go down as a legend for that night alone

In my heart of hearts, lucas is the biggest Spurs legend in the tottenham side atm and always will be a legend.

that night against ajax was stuff of dreams and is the biggest moment in our modern history. that night truly was magic. As was the man city game.

I dont think anything will come close to the Poch era in a long time. The man had so much class.

personally, i think there should be a statue of Lucas outside the stadium in honour of that night.
You had me till that last sentence

Lucas vs Ajax made him a proper legend*. He's not the best player or top of the football IQ chart, but we can never diminish his incredible effort that night. I was as bewildered as many when he wasn't in the starting line-up in the final.

*legend = someone who does something extra special in an important match in this context

More Cult Hero.

Back
Top Bottom