Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This… seems he’sa coaches dream… that is , gives his everything for the team and humble and respectful of coaches decisions
As Son is also…. pity British national players didn’t always show the same respect to clubs/employers….

Thoughts on his performance yesterday?

Well... how to say it.

Have some successful dribbles in one EPL game is not quite as remarkable as scoring hat-trick in CL semifinal, is it?

So he has not hit those heights.

And now if you look at his performances after the City game, it is still super-obvious that he still lacks any kind of consistency. Wolves game was every bit as bad as City game was good. And for next game he was rightly benched.

So apparently Moura said that he would like to move to his boyhood club when his contract ends in 2023.

Seems quite possible that we will do our best to ship him out in the winter window, when he has 1,5 seasons left on his contract. Otherwise we will lose upgradable and ageing player we paid 25 mil for free.

Weird thing to say given his current position at the club, have to be honest.
What is his current position at the club? He's 29 and a rotation player, it's hardly a shock he's not planning to retire here.

What is his current position at the club? He's 29 and a rotation player, it's hardly a shock he's not planning to retire here.

His position is squad player, who has never really fulfilled his expectations.
He does not have any major assets that would set him apart from his competitors in his position.

Right now he might have best chance to actually become regular starter and start to have impact.
If I were Nuno/Patrici/Levy, then I would make quick decision to start finding him a new club and play younger players in his position, cause playing him is very temporary solution given his comments.

If your position is strong and you have some credit earned - let's say Son- then making this kind of decision would be much harder. But now I feel his path to actually contribute to something got more difficult.

His position is squad player, who has never really fulfilled his expectations.
He does not have any major assets that would set him apart from his competitors in his position.

Right now he might have best chance to actually become regular starter and start to have impact.
If I were Nuno/Patrici/Levy, then I would make quick decision to start finding him a new club and play younger players in his position, cause playing him is very temporary solution given his comments.

If your position is strong and you have some credit earned - let's say Son- then making this kind of decision would be much harder. But now I feel his path to actually contribute to something got more difficult.
this is dumb. A player says he'd like to play for the club he supports again before he retires and you say we should sharpishly sell him then and bed in a kid. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb

this is dumb. A player says he'd like to play for the club he supports again before he retires and you say we should sharpishly sell him then and bed in a kid. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb

For fuck sake, read the news.

He says that when his contract expires (which is 2023, btw) it marks his 10 years in Europe (he joined PSG in 2013, if you, once more never bothered to check any info) and after that it is his wish to return back to his boyhood club.

This is literally a specific warning that he wants to leave at the end of contract at 2023.

It is not some vague wish or idea.
There is nothing wrong if a player wants to end his career in his youth-club and give something back.
But this is not the case, this is warning that we will lose him on free in less than 2 years time.

This is specific warning and as he is disposable player, it would be smart to sell him in winter and either buy someone (hopefully better) to replace him or give the playing time to younger players, who at least COULD be future of the club.

For fuck sake, read the news.

He says that when his contract expires (which is 2023, btw) it marks his 10 years in Europe (he joined PSG in 2013, if you, once more never bothered to check any info) and after that it is his wish to return back to his boyhood club.

This is literally a specific warning that he wants to leave at the end of contract at 2023.

It is not some vague wish or idea.
There is nothing wrong if a player wants to end his career in his youth-club and give something back.
But this is not the case, this is warning that we will lose him on free in less than 2 years time.

This is specific warning and as he is disposable player, it would be smart to sell him in winter and either buy someone (hopefully better) to replace him or give the playing time to younger players, who at least COULD be future of the club.
If he is going to go back to Brazil nobody is going to buy him and give him an 18 month contract.

:llorishowudoin: Where was Lucas today ?
He was the only player trying to create to get in their area.

Bergwijn, Son and Lucas have the counter attacking speed we desperately need in games like that, but only one of them was on the pitch today. Meanwhile, Kane plodded away like a lead giraffe.

He was the only player trying to create to get in their area.

Bergwijn, Son and Lucas have the counter attacking speed we desperately need in games like that, but only one of them was on the pitch today. Meanwhile, Kane plodded away like a lead giraffe.

Trying to get in their area by running right at defenders with his head down?

Hahahaha the overrating of this plug continues.

Trying to get in their area by running right at defenders with his head down?

Hahahaha the overrating of this plug continues.
Dribbling round them actually. And what do you expect him to do with so little support around him? He was trying to find a way through which was more than can be said for any other player.

Dribbling round them actually. And what do you expect him to do with so little support around him? He was trying to find a way through which was more than can be said for any other player.

He was not dribbling around anyone he did his normal shit of running into defenders hoping the ref would bail him out of his terrible runs.

There were options to pass to but as usual he can't see them or make a simple pass.

He was crap as he has been all season.

Not what I saw either.
He literally was the only guy who was offensive today. And I am a big Kane fan.
Blah the double meaning.
Definitely the only offensive player. One time (maybe twice now I think about it) he danced and ran past 5 or 6 of their players in an effort to drive up the pitch. The game was crying out for players with pace to push up with him. It's why so many wanted Bryan to come on . He may be a newb but he's already shown us that he's exactly that sort of gutsy, speedy attacker.

Despite being disappointed with him today, I'm no Kane hater either. With the right players around him he's pure class. But when he doesn't have that support then it can be a concern. Waiting for the train that never comes doesn't suit him.

Back
Top Bottom