Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We really missed Lucas today

I would have much rather had Lucas over Kane vs Chelsea

Kane offers literally nothing unless you drop the ball to his feet in and around the box at this point in his career
37 league goal contributions last season, Lucas had 7. Let's not get carried away.

37 league goal contributions last season, Lucas had 7. Let's not get carried away.
Problem is we played through Kane and finished 6th and 7th the past two seasons. If we're playing through Kane he's going to be putting up stats.

I would like to see us go a full 5 PL games where we play with Son/Berg/Lucas up top and Ndombele feeding them. I liked what I saw during the Man City game and during the pre season. The players had good chemistry for a string of games and looked to be playing for one another.

If you play through Kane, yes he's going to put up stats but I think generally speaking, it's clear he brings a different dynamic to the attack/team and not always for the betterment of the team.

Kane offers literally nothing unless you drop the ball to his feet in and around the box at this point in his career

Yeah against the big teams you need a player who can progress the ball up the pitch. Lucas is useless at many things but he can do that, we saw it against City. Adama would have been even better for this role.

Ah yea.
He cannot do anything except for tap ins.

And tap-assists as well.
Cause he made most assists last season... across whole EPL...

Stop trying so hard Tanguy. You are not 10% of player that Harry is. Even if you try to prove otherwise in every thread in this forum.
Even if this season he has been poor. It is still just 3 starts, obviously not enough time yet to write off one of the greatest strikers to play for Spurs.

Problem is we played through Kane and finished 6th and 7th the past two seasons. If we're playing through Kane he's going to be putting up stats.

I would like to see us go a full 5 PL games where we play with Son/Berg/Lucas up top and Ndombele feeding them. I liked what I saw during the Man City game and during the pre season. The players had good chemistry for a string of games and looked to be playing for one another.

If you play through Kane, yes he's going to put up stats but I think generally speaking, it's clear he brings a different dynamic to the attack/team and not always for the betterment of the team.
Completely agree. If only the management had the courage to try that for a run of games.

Ah yea.
He cannot do anything except for tap ins.

And tap-assists as well.
Cause he made most assists last season... across whole EPL...

Stop trying so hard Tanguy. You are not 10% of player that Harry is. Even if you try to prove otherwise in every thread in this forum.
Even if this season he has been poor. It is still just 3 starts, obviously not enough time yet to write off one of the greatest strikers to play for Spurs.
Especially when the alternative is an erratic, braindead Brazilian who average 3 goals per season

When everyone is fit, Lucas likely plays whether Kane does or not.

Never been a constant starter for us and hopefully never will be.
Not good enough for that.

He has his strengths and in some games / moments it is what the team needs.
But he also has his huge shortcomings, which is why I just hope that Gil can step up...

Never been a constant starter for us and hopefully never will be.
Not good enough for that.

He has his strengths and in some games / moments it is what the team needs.
But he also has his huge shortcomings, which is why I just hope that Gil can step up...

Unless Gil or Berg explodes; I certainly expect him to be this season.

Unless Gil or Berg explodes; I certainly expect him to be this season.

We'll see.
I think most likely is rotation between the 3. So he would continue to be rotation player. Like he has been up to now.

It is not like Moura would be much ahead of other two. In City game he was really good, then in 2nd round in EPL was absolutely invisible and rightfully dropped for 3rd game (where he was lively coming in from substitution).

Thought he was dreadful today, one of his 4/10 displays. Almost everything he did turned to shit. Some woeful passes/crosses, first-touches, etc. I must've shouted at the TV in despair about 10 god damn times. One memorable flukey shot. Love his effort, but such a bloody infuriating, inconsistent player.

Back
Top Bottom