Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Omg.

tumblr_onhikzP9q91tpip5go1_250.gif

I'm worried people's expectations for Moura will be too high initially.

The guy has played 72 minutes all season. We cannot expect the world of him. He's a wonderful player but he is nowhere near match fit and hasn't played for 6 weeks (for 8 minutes) and hasn't played more than 24 minutes in a single game this season.

He'll need a wide berth from all of us, this is primarily a signing with next season in mind.

I'm worried people's expectations for Moura will be too high initially.

The guy has played 72 minutes all season. We cannot expect the world of him. He's a wonderful player but he is nowhere near match fit and hasn't played for 6 weeks (for 8 minutes) and hasn't played more than 24 minutes in a single game this season.

He'll need a wide berth from all of us, this is primarily a signing with next season in mind.
The guy is fit and training though so he should be fine to be called off the bench pretty much immediately, its more how he adjusts to the intensity.

Either way, I agree it's more about what he'll be capable of next season after having 6 months with the club before the season starts, rather than 6 days!

If he hasn't played much this season but kept up in training, at least we'd have a well rested player who can provide injury cover
The guy is fit and training though so he should be fine to be called off the bench pretty much immediately, its more how he adjusts to the intensity.

Either way, I agree it's more about what he'll be capable of next season after having 6 months with the club before the season starts, rather than 6 days!

Not match fit though, and Prem match fit is different to Ligue 1 (especially for PSG) match fit. Talk about thrown in the deep end. He's a definitive upgrade on GKN though and as you say should get bench minutes. But it'd be unfair to expect his performances like last season immediately for us, especially in little cameos. It's quite possible he looks well off the pace initially.

Just want to dampen the expectations initially. Especially from those who piss on the club whenever the opportunity arises.

I think Poch will be perfect for him and am excited to see what he can do next season more than this though.

So I did my research on youtube, twitter, reddit, Fifa18 and this guy is THE single best underrated player in the entire universe. Guaranteed 25+ goals a season (including 5+ in August).

I told you guys ages ago that we will sign him.He is my childhood hero and favourite human.

Preparing myself for a good few weeks of:

"FFS Poch, Get Lucas on, what's he bought him for if he's just gonna sit on the bench, gordon bennett!!"

When we're not 5-0 up after twenty mins.

Lucas and Son on the wings will be perfect when we come up against teams who sit deep. They’ll stay wide and create space for the fullbacks to overlap.

Back
Top Bottom